Danshi Kinsei Majo no Kuni ni Nyotaika Skill de Nyuukoku shite mita - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I will just say this one of the things you said I do have. I never said I don't want a good story, or entertainment, and/or writing. I want a lot of those things as well. I do put an emotional attachment into it and that is what makes it better for me. If I am not really moved in any sort of way what is the point of that medium? I am not getting entertained with that. Entertainment changes the emotions in any sort of way, happy, sad, etc. Even when I don't relate to the female characters I can still see the other characters and can like them, root for them etc. I don't really like assumptions made to a person just based off comments either, but that is another topic entirely. I understand that it isn't about their gender and that was my point anyway, I know you are trying to make it for a fully female cast "what is the point about gender with that" I kind of like seeing a variety of characters and not only girls, not only guys, etc. I relate to the girl characters in most mediums, not all, and when all the characters are that it it just doesn't appeal to me. Yes, it is about how you write the characters, but why does it all have to be female characters or vice versa, etc. that is what I am trying to say that most of the anime for slice-of-life for. Again, not all of them, just a majority. I just like seeing more variety in characters, not just writing wise. I am just sharing my opinion as well, sorry if it comes off any other way, that is not my intention at all. And you have a nice day too.
god i thought you were done with this because you hurt so much ? what happened
well i didn't say you didn't want any of that, but you are weight on the emotional attatchment and bias first before any of that which is something i didn't do or agree with.
what assumption ? you said yourself, man. read your own comment again you even confirmed what i said.
i didn't make anything out of thin air, i reply to your ideology directly to you. what are you yapping about ?

i don't understand why are you trying to be dissmisive when i can just scroll up and read what you said, if it's something you believe or fond of so be it. why you suddenly get embarassed and goes on this mental gymnastic ?
you don't need my approval for it, i'm just saying writting aspect always be top of anything and everything else just side dressing

well i'm not sure if you gonna continue because you said you were done before but you didn't so just in case,see ya later

You know a story is great and not full of plot holes when you need someone to "well actually" for things it can't be bothered to explain.
If you classify telling someone about something that has been shown in the comic itself a "Well actually" then sure that's what I did.

It was stated that men don't actually have genuine magic in the first chapter and the MC was shown to have 0 Mana as a man during the flashback. Hence the first guy wasn't magically disguised and the MC's feminize isn't magic.

Dex-chan lover
being female is perceived as better just as the opposite is, being female is not fun a lot of the time T-T. There are down sides to both.
In this way I've kind of come to think of the genre as less becoming a girl and more about becoming the idealized version of one in a world where... well, periods might still exist but only at narratively or comedically timed moments. But otherwise it's a straight up improvement on being either traditional binary real life gender.

That space leads to a lot of exploration in the other direction, too! Like for instance a female in a story becoming a beautiful bishounen hero type. Realistically would that happen? Nah, testosterone is going to make that unlikely. (though I guess you could have a Mahou Shoujo Ore situation where the T is leaned into) Anyways, it'd be the idealized version of being a boy that most real life guys don't actually get to experience being either.

I think the male-to-female direction is way more common because it's a lot more forbidden and exotic for a male person to fantasize about occupying a feminine paradigm than vice versa. The irony is that some of my favorite manga in the MtF are either written or illustrated by women. Often who basically have an inside track of where that mystique is fun and where it's BS masking the reality. (or even themselves aren't 100% straight so they "get it" with regards to writing about the mystique)
When I see the much rarer female-to-male transformation done, usually it's about "breaking through" the artifice of femininity that was otherwise holding that person back. Or an alleviation of a burden of some kind. (like the couple of manga I'd seen about older OLs becoming cute little princes in another world, their titles escape me right now)

Double-page supporter
In this way I've kind of come to think of the genre as less becoming a girl and more about becoming the idealized version of one in a world where... well, periods might still exist but only at narratively or comedically timed moments. But otherwise it's a straight up improvement on being either traditional binary real life gender.

That space leads to a lot of exploration in the other direction, too! Like for instance a female in a story becoming a beautiful bishounen hero type. Realistically would that happen? Nah, testosterone is going to make that unlikely. (though I guess you could have a Mahou Shoujo Ore situation where the T is leaned into) Anyways, it'd be the idealized version of being a boy that most real life guys don't actually get to experience being either.

I think the male-to-female direction is way more common because it's a lot more forbidden and exotic for a male person to fantasize about occupying a feminine paradigm than vice versa. The irony is that some of my favorite manga in the MtF are either written or illustrated by women. Often who basically have an inside track of where that mystique is fun and where it's BS masking the reality. (or even themselves aren't 100% straight so they "get it" with regards to writing about the mystique)
When I see the much rarer female-to-male transformation done, usually it's about "breaking through" the artifice of femininity that was otherwise holding that person back. Or an alleviation of a burden of some kind. (like the couple of manga I'd seen about older OLs becoming cute little princes in another world, their titles escape me right now)
fully agree... I came to GS for... reasons... still do too... but after so many I have read, like SO MANY... a lot go for mtf route and it makes me just sad. some of them are really really good, but most of not. why not the same treatment the other way around T-T

Double-page supporter

oh one last thing to add, I like the more life aspect of the person also coping with the change, not glossing over the bad parts of either. Plus for people who are not ok with that change as well and the possible agony one's body change can have on their mind as well (I like drama and emotional shit, cut me some slack XD) I know a lot of people would never really be fully ok with a change THAT massive out of nowhere. Even if someone was trans, etc, they are still raised and know one thing for years (most of the time) to the point that a massive change, even if it is happy at the beginning, life will hit them in the face later when they are not used to it yet. Sooner or later they will get used to it and live their lives happily, but changes like these are massive on the individual. I guess that is what I wanted to hopefully find when searching this topic, sadly none are as dramatic as that 😂😅. I kinda wish some were that explored more of the psychological aspect of what could happen to someone, mind you not EVERYONE. Everyone is different and many MANY people could act differently even if a situation is very difficult to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread