Danshi Kinsei Majo no Kuni ni Nyotaika Skill de Nyuukoku shite mita - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Towa sure has unbelievably ingrained/natural feminine body language down for someone who supposedly was a guy. I know the main conflict will be not letting the magic school realize they enrolled a "guy". But if Towa is that experienced at performing feminine mannerisms with apparently zero practice, why would it be a big deal even if she were? Just form-lock her that way until she graduates.

I also find it a little bit hard to swallow that the gender-exclusive magic school couldn't detect it straightaway. We saw from the first chapter that magic that effectively alters sex is a thing. Why would Towa be the first "guy" to try and get in? You could say the punishment is a big deterrent, but that still wouldn't mean the number of people trying Towa's ploy would be zero. You'd think they'd be prepared.
Yeah Towa's transition has been very easy with even like magic euphoria.

Dex-chan lover
I guess I have a big aversion to yuri, (more like I relate way more towards girl characters so having them everywhere gets boring for me. I tend to like vanilla romance stuff, wish there was less sexual sides in those which annoys me a bunch. I am not too much of a fun of everything being cute, I rather be cute than see it everywhere, type of mind XD) just not interested at all. I don't really like full girl cast in anything. It tends to get boring, plus very very same type of feeling to it. that is just my opinion at least. I guess I like more of the... Story of it and have a reason for them to come over, or that it just didn't "just happen" in terms with magic and such points. again this is all what I think. I came for the gender swap of the story, somehow a lot of gender swap stories are shounen and guys to girls, not many the other way around which I wish there were more of XD

well i guess what you mentioned above almost irrelevant because your dislike on Yuri genre prob the main issue you had with this manga or several others you said you having problem with.
you prob doesn't like Slice of life too on top of that

don't really care about genre, i'll eat it up as long it's good stuff but i found yuri really comforting read because it's quick and snappy and doesn't drag on.
as i get older i felt like most popular Vanilla is sucha drag, 50 chapter ? it's alright but 100+ chapter ? for romance ?
ain't got time for that bullshit anymore. Full-fledge romance prob the most dragging genre because they had to focus on main character all the time or you felt like there's no progress been made.
and what worse they are still not together after 100+ chapter, so exhausting.
atleast slice of life are more free because they are not bound the progression for main character only and can bounce them between 15 other naturally without it being awkward and still enjoyable.

well your felt that way definitely biased and from the very start you don't like full-cast girl with no men, it's your opinion so it's up to you.
again you are reading isekai, things happened and they are move on. unless it's your very first isekai ever
i find it hard to believe this trope shock you to the core, be it that you are here solely for Genderswap stuff only

Fed-Kun's army
well i guess what you mentioned above almost irrelevant because your dislike on Yuri genre prob the main issue you had with this manga or several others you said you having problem with.
you prob doesn't like Slice of life too on top of that

don't really care about genre, i'll eat it up as long it's good stuff but i found yuri really comforting read because it's quick and snappy and doesn't drag on.
as i get older i felt like most popular Vanilla is sucha drag, 50 chapter ? it's alright but 100+ chapter ? for romance ?
ain't got time for that bullshit anymore. Full-fledge romance prob the most dragging genre because they had to focus on main character all the time or you felt like there's no progress been made.
and what worse they are still not together after 100+ chapter, so exhausting.
atleast slice of life are more free because they are not bound the progression for main character only and can bounce them between 15 other naturally without it being awkward and still enjoyable.

well your felt that way definitely biased and from the very start you don't like full-cast girl with no men, it's your opinion so it's up to you.
again you are reading isekai, things happened and they are move on. unless it's your very first isekai ever
i find it hard to believe this trope shock you to the core, be it that you are here solely for Genderswap stuff only
I love slice of life actually, that and romance being my favorite >/////< although I keep my eyes on Gender swap all the time and see a lot of the same stuff from it, some of it I do actually enjoy while others are kinda iffy. If it is action I tend to skip all action scenes and read the dialogue. XD it is not that I DON'T like action, just I am not interested and it bores the death out of me so I tend to skip it. If the characters are good enough I stay for the characters and the overarching story. I understand your complaints in romance, and yeah I have the same thoughts as well. I tend to like good development that does not overstay it's welcome, but still gives a lot of time for the slice-of-life aspect so that you can see their relationship blossom, romance in manga is harder for me as I have liked more romance anime way more, but there are a few every so often that peak my fancy!

First, thanks for the translation.

Well, one possibility is that the feminize skill also has a mental component and not just physical. Maybe it will be brought up latter and Towa hasn't realized it yet? No clue how well or bad the story will handle that.

I saw a Japanese webnovel with that aspect. Only women can use magic, MC gets a skill that is a physical and some level of mental GB. Then becomes adventuring partners with a woman. And partner partners.

Maybe there is something like that in affect? Towa's already girly because they got hit with a mental whammy and just hasn't realized it yet as consequences of said whammy?

Maybe there is a realization later on? That remains to be seen, of course.

Since romance has come up here...
I usually have a "yuri or riot" policy if romance is involved. Or no romance without some kind of sexuality railroading. From what I've usually seen, if we have a male to female gender bend and they end up liking males, it usually comes in with some version of "girls like boys, so if they are a girl now, they should like boys." And often not just some degree of bisexual or small or minor attraction to men, but full on much more or only attracted to men. Sometimes more direct, sometimes more hidden or implied. That Blazublue manga, which I've heard people describe as an great example of gender bending IIRC fundamentally ends on the statement that sexual and romantic attraction to men is a requirement of being completely female. So if you don't like guys, that would mean that you can't be completely female. Or you put it more derisively, that manga ends on the declaration that lesbians aren't real women. It could additionally also be read into as not liking girls as a requirement as well, but that's not as definitive.

I'm not saying that you can't have a good story where the protag ends up with a guy, but so many that I've encountered push some kind of "but girls like guys" and that liking guys is a fundamentally or unavoidable part of being mentally female that I just find them to be a turn-off most of the time
Of course writing quality is a big factor as well.
Ok, unsolicited mini rant over.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Towa's mentality gets explored more in the chapters that remain.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese author when drawing female characters in isekai or romcom: Draw them as cute as possible and have beautiful design and take their sweet time drawing them.
Japanese author when drawing male characters isekai or romcom: Meh, I slap him with the most generic and boring face/design and call it a day.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
First, thanks for the translation.

Well, one possibility is that the feminize skill also has a mental component and not just physical. Maybe it will be brought up latter and Towa hasn't realized it yet? No clue how well or bad the story will handle that.

I saw a Japanese webnovel with that aspect. Only women can use magic, MC gets a skill that is a physical and some level of mental GB. Then becomes adventuring partners with a woman. And partner partners.

Maybe there is something like that in affect? Towa's already girly because they got hit with a mental whammy and just hasn't realized it yet as consequences of said whammy?

Maybe there is a realization later on? That remains to be seen, of course.

Since romance has come up here...
I usually have a "yuri or riot" policy if romance is involved. Or no romance without some kind of sexuality railroading. From what I've usually seen, if we have a male to female gender bend and they end up liking males, it usually comes in with some version of "girls like boys, so if they are a girl now, they should like boys." And often not just some degree of bisexual or small or minor attraction to men, but full on much more or only attracted to men. Sometimes more direct, sometimes more hidden or implied. That Blazublue manga, which I've heard people describe as an great example of gender bending IIRC fundamentally ends on the statement that sexual and romantic attraction to men is a requirement of being completely female. So if you don't like guys, that would mean that you can't be completely female. Or you put it more derisively, that manga ends on the declaration that lesbians aren't real women. It could additionally also be read into as not liking girls as a requirement as well, but that's not as definitive.

I'm not saying that you can't have a good story where the protag ends up with a guy, but so many that I've encountered push some kind of "but girls like guys" and that liking guys is a fundamentally or unavoidable part of being mentally female that I just find them to be a turn-off most of the time
Of course writing quality is a big factor as well.
Ok, unsolicited mini rant over.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Towa's mentality gets explored more in the chapters that remain.
honestly I kinda like it. I understand about it doesn't matter and I also wish it would of been worked on more as well... Although I don't mind it and kinda prefer it XD that is just me tho.

Dex-chan lover
I don't have much to add except that Elizzabeth2 is super valid in wanting more female-to-male TS to be explored more.

I'll just say that a lot of yuri hinges on how mysterious beautiful and wonderful the female gender is perceived as. Anyone who has lived in a female body long enough, though? They'll know it poops and stinks just as much as any male body and I guess it's harder to weave the spell if you've lived in one yourself.

Incidentally this might be a fun read on that topic!

https://mangadex.org/title/b89882d5...0b36b7e/ore-ga-fujoshi-de-aitsu-ga-yuriota-de

Yeah, valid points all around. Very much a complex and multi layered thing. And yeah, the other way around isn't seen very much.

Romance in general can often be much fluffier than reality. A lot of fiction can be fluffier then reality. But sometimes, that's the point. To imagine a world where some of the pervasive crappyness is gone. Such is the nature of fantasy and escapism. Sometimes it's nice to leave the dredge of reality behind, yanno?

Obviously yuri, as you noted isn't quite an nice in reality, and some portray it better than others. And I can take or leave romance myself. But the better stories have the ups and downs.

I don't have time to add anything else now or think further.

Didn't know there was an official group that did that one. I do wonder how it ends...

Dex-chan lover
I love slice of life actually, that and romance being my favorite >/////< although I keep my eyes on Gender swap all the time and see a lot of the same stuff from it, some of it I do actually enjoy while others are kinda iffy. If it is action I tend to skip all action scenes and read the dialogue. XD it is not that I DON'T like action, just I am not interested and it bores the death out of me so I tend to skip it. If the characters are good enough I stay for the characters and the overarching story. I understand your complaints in romance, and yeah I have the same thoughts as well. I tend to like good development that does not overstay it's welcome, but still gives a lot of time for the slice-of-life aspect so that you can see their relationship blossom, romance in manga is harder for me as I have liked more romance anime way more, but there are a few every so often that peak my fancy!
huh that's odd ? from your language you sure do absolutely hate slice of life. because all-girl cast are the most common thing on slice of life
or you just don't like it automatically if it's all girl cast ? that's weirdly spesific.
i never seen someone would automatically put off by the cast gender

i mean their attempt to do "slice of life" on Romance manga are basically a filler episode tho, that's why they're able to stretch to 200+ chapter sometimes.
because mostly nothing happened during this and it shows what the intent are and it's bore me to death.
so unnecessary

This has to be the most civilized comment section debate that I have ever seen.
sips coffee

indubitably

As a brief thought on slice if life...
I think it can be important to have some slice of life, as it adds some depth to characters and relationships between them. Too much and it kills the pacing. Too little and characters and friendships can feel kinda shallow, rushed, or even baseless.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't have much to add except that Elizzabeth2 is super valid in wanting more female-to-male TS to be explored more.

I'll just say that a lot of yuri hinges on how mysterious beautiful and wonderful the female gender is perceived as. Anyone who has lived in a female body long enough, though? They'll know it poops and stinks just as much as any male body and I guess it's harder to weave the spell if you've lived in one yourself.

Incidentally this might be a fun read on that topic!

https://mangadex.org/title/b89882d5...0b36b7e/ore-ga-fujoshi-de-aitsu-ga-yuriota-de
being female is perceived as better just as the opposite is, being female is not fun a lot of the time T-T. There are down sides to both. I Like the hetero flings as that is how I swing honestly. I greatly appreciate this comment a lot. All sides are equally as valid, it is up to the individual to decide what they like or not. I have actually read that manga and sad that there is no more translated/out. It was a really really good read, before I got my more recent tastes and it was one of the earlier ones I have read TS/body swap.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
huh that's odd ? from your language you sure do absolutely hate slice of life. because all-girl cast are the most common thing on slice of life
or you just don't like it automatically if it's all girl cast ? that's weirdly spesific.
i never seen someone would automatically put off by the cast gender

i mean their attempt to do "slice of life" on Romance manga are basically a filler episode tho, that's why they're able to stretch to 200+ chapter sometimes.
because mostly nothing happened during this and it shows what the intent are and it's bore me to death.
so unnecessary
which is why it is hard for me to really find a good slice-of-life I like with a mix of them all, I can only possibly name a few; while also looking them up; that do that exact thing. I love slice-of-life, but hate when it is focused on a girl cast just doing cute things and such. You can make a lot more good things out of it without relying on that. (to me personally it feels like slapping stuff about myself on something and watching it, which for me tends to be boring XD) Most of them that I do tend to enjoy, even if they are not my favorites, tend to be very very short, which is what I like about them too. Like normal life isn't only girls and I am not interested in that and that is my personal preference. It hurts when someone just outright says "do you hate this thing" when opinions and tastes vary WILDLY between individuals. at the end of the day we are strangers and I shouldn't be butt-hurt over a comment section (I hate my emotions for being overly sensitive). With that I am done with this comment and I hope you have a nice day.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
which is why it is hard for me to really find a good slice-of-life I like with a mix of them all, I can only possibly name a few; while also looking them up; that do that exact thing. I love slice-of-life, but hate when it is focused on a girl cast just doing cute things and such. You can make a lot more good things out of it without relying on that. (to me personally it feels like slapping stuff about myself on something and watching it, which for me tends to be boring XD) Most of them that I do tend to enjoy, even if they are not my favorites, tend to be very very short, which is what I like about them too. Like normal life isn't only girls and I am not interested in that and that is my personal preference. It hurts when someone just outright says "do you hate this thing" when opinions and tastes vary WILDLY between individuals. at the end of the day we are strangers and I shouldn't be butt-hurt over a comment section (I hate my emotions for being overly sensitive). With that I am done with this comment and I hope you have a nice day.
eh not in million years, slice of life is about how to write character not about their gender. a lot of manga can't even write a good character and write dialogue, but a lot of Slice of life actually did just that regardless if its CGDCT

eh i think you are just want some emotional attatchement to product you consume, i don't. i just want good product
it's just beyond pathetic for me to do that personally. i don't need to relate to the product i consume
i want entertaiment, i want good writing,i want good dialogue, i want good story. everything else doesnt matter for me.

well why its hurt ? it's the truth right ? like why you have to say that when you outright said it TO ME ? i never said you can't have opinion, you share your opinion then i share mine ? why are you replying to me if you dont want to get criticize for it ? you are really strange

if you are not emotionally stable, can't take criticism, don't want to look bad infront of the others
just keep your opinion for yourself next time
or just don't reply for the easier solution
have nice day

Fed-Kun's army
eh not in million years, slice of life is about how to write character not about their gender. a lot of manga can't even write a good character and write dialogue, but a lot of Slice of life actually did just that regardless if its CGDCT

eh i think you are just want some emotional attatchement to product you consume, i don't. i just want good product
it's just beyond pathetic for me to do that personally. i don't need to relate to the product i consume
i want entertaiment, i want good writing,i want good dialogue, i want good story. everything else doesnt matter for me.

well why its hurt ? it's the truth right ? like why you have to say that when you outright said it TO ME ? i never said you can't have opinion, you share your opinion then i share mine ? why are you replying to me if you dont want to get criticize for it ? you are really strange

if you are not emotionally stable, can't take criticism, don't want to look bad infront of the others
just keep your opinion for yourself next time
or just don't reply for the easier solution
have nice day
I will just say this one of the things you said I do have. I never said I don't want a good story, or entertainment, and/or writing. I want a lot of those things as well. I do put an emotional attachment into it and that is what makes it better for me. If I am not really moved in any sort of way what is the point of that medium? I am not getting entertained with that. Entertainment changes the emotions in any sort of way, happy, sad, etc. Even when I don't relate to the female characters I can still see the other characters and can like them, root for them etc. I don't really like assumptions made to a person just based off comments either, but that is another topic entirely. I understand that it isn't about their gender and that was my point anyway, I know you are trying to make it for a fully female cast "what is the point about gender with that" I kind of like seeing a variety of characters and not only girls, not only guys, etc. I relate to the girl characters in most mediums, not all, and when all the characters are that it it just doesn't appeal to me. Yes, it is about how you write the characters, but why does it all have to be female characters or vice versa, etc. that is what I am trying to say that most of the anime for slice-of-life for. Again, not all of them, just a majority. I just like seeing more variety in characters, not just writing wise. I am just sharing my opinion as well, sorry if it comes off any other way, that is not my intention at all. And you have a nice day too.

Users who are viewing this thread