Dark Gathering - Ch. 64 - Murder Of The Lord

Dex-chan lover
This was a really satisfying battle to read. I'm interested in seeing how this God will be integrated in future fights, and how it can even be controlled.

well the headband is a good start to controlling a god considering it has a very uncanny resemblance to the typical depiction of Sun Wukong's own headband which Tripitaka from the Journey to the West uses whenever Wukong gets too unruly

Fed-Kun's army
holy, they actually captured the god. i thought for sure they were going to have to kill it.
and she didn't even have to use the cursed ring.

no idea who the other "main body" entity is though.
The main body is the real "Taisui Xingjun" presumably located in Mainland China. The one defeated(Taisai Seikun/Taisaishin) is it's bunrei/avatar/split soul that is enshrined in Japan. Even though they were originally one entity, the bunrei seems to act independently from it's real body and seems to dislike any interference coming from the main body. In short it rebelled against it's other half.

Last edited:
I am so happy at this turn of events. No Kuubo or Replaced interference, the God gets captured, the main body gets injured, and everyone is healed up thanks to the built up Shinku juice in the bunrei. I guess the next thing to worry about is convincing Ai's family to stop treating her badly.

Dex-chan lover
Come... EA!!!

Untitled.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Good Conclusion.....
Real Nemesis for the Girl still roaming around

but got Bunrei of the One Gods is kinda huge achievement

Dex-chan lover
@Kredim Thanks for another quick translation! And so we steadily go back into wordier chapters...

If you'll permit me, some pointers:

Page 7, Last panel, 1st bubble

I think the vibe here is while Yayoi is thrown for a loop, uncertain and actually scared by this development, New Emperor switched arms from sword to bow, possibly showing he accepts the duel in Tai Sui's eyes. So maybe:

[..so you accept, huh?]

Page 14

I believe the 己 here is directed at the dying villager, not at Masakado himself. So it's more like:

[Ridiculous…] [more than the pillaging...] [more than their (own) pain...] [that (loss of Masakado's reign) is what you regret?]

Accordingly, if we stick to the interpretation that this story's Masakado is the kind to fight for his people, then perhaps the usage of 朽ちて here isn't "to be forgotten", but "rot/die". As in, Masakado regrets more that he couldn't do more for his people.

So perhaps [I cannot... rot away/die like this]

Page 39, 1st Panel

I think あらゆる全て ("everything") here is relative to おいてでも, and not to 島国の猿共 . Perhaps it's more like this?

[...unforgivable.] [I will not forget this, you island monkeys...] [Even if I have to leave everything behind, I swear you will face my wrath]

EDIT: after checking reactions on Japanese and Chinese fanbases, yeah no one there were under the impression main Tai Sui is out to massacre all of Japan, just our group

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This was a really satisfying battle to read. I'm interested in seeing how this God will be integrated in future fights, and how it can even be controlled.
Just sic him at a worthy opponent and he'll be happy. If anything, I think he's grateful to Yayoi for satisfying him to such an extent.

When it comes to severing his contract with the Kamiyo Clan though, that might be when some discipline is required...

I am so happy at this turn of events. No Kuubo or Replaced interference, the God gets captured, the main body gets injured, and everyone is healed up thanks to the built up Shinku juice in the bunrei. I guess the next thing to worry about is convincing Ai's family to stop treating her badly.
The healing isn't a result of the Bunrei's defeat. If you look at Masakado's fisting again, right before all the light energy poured out, he had cracks all over his body. And right when they poured out, his armour is gone and he's back to his regular form.

That is, Masakado could no longer maintain his New Emperor form at battle's end, so the form cracks and disperses all its energies back to the land.

Users who are viewing this thread