DARLING in the FRANXX

People got the happy ending they were moaning about when the anime ended. But super rushed. But Yabuki-sensei was the best part of this manga for me.

So the ending of the manga is different from the anime ending? Either way I love both the anime and manga!

Contributor
The end, wut? I haven't read it since first few chapters, can someone please tell me without spoilers what's the deal here, they suddenly canceled the manga or something? The hell? There should be some good money about it, the title was very popular and the author is a renown one. Plus it's JUMP.

So, they only adapted a part? I was waiting for it to release, but what's with the abrupt 'END'?

Thanks.

Apparently the original creators were apathetic towards this manga and even wanted it to have only 32 chapters, but Yabuki insisted that it continued instead of having an unconclusive end. He probably did his best, but meh, we ended up getting another underwhelming story, slightly better than the anime at the very least.

Thank God this shit's finally over. Oh, wait, I need put one of these, don't I:

It was shit.

Anyway, looking forward to To LOVEru: Nemesis now, if that's all right with you, Mr Yabuki.

Contributor
"STILL BETTER THAN ANIME"

>Literally the same fucking storyline, same characters, same results, the only difference is that pretty much every interaction and backstory was cut out almost completely.

But no, since Hiro and Zero Two didn't die, didn't make an actual sacrifice, which still wouldn't even explain how they managed to beat the fucking rulers of the galaxy, it's better than anime. Even though, since it's the same story, and VIRM didn't disappear, instead of a sacrifice ending, which was at least an ending, we get a HUGE fuck of a white hole. Great analysis skills, guys, proud of you.

This manga, in the end, turned out to be even worse than a regular run-of-the-mill title. They took an already bad story, and thinned it down. Nice fucking work, おめでとう.

4/10, hard to recommend to even the anime fans, but not that bad that it should be called a waste of time.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
Imagine having the power to take a bad ending and make it better... but are unable to do that.

both anime and manga have the perfect ending, the best anime&manga I’ve ever seen, MUST be HAPPY, 02&Hiro.

So they just completely changed the ending? I liked the anime ending better actually even though they die.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Group Leader
@bastek66 No extra chapter in Volume 8

Like to previous volumes: Four colour illustrations....

Plus: Atsushi Nishigori (Anime director) illustration & commentary, Masayoshi Tanaka (Character design) illustration and Yabuki's Postscript.

https://twitter.com/_ToLoveRu1/status/1245744589463486469?s=19

After an intriguing premise I thought this manga might expand into something interesting or at least explore the dark aspects of the world created. Unfortunately it didn't 😕

Nice artwork from Kentaro though, as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread