Dead Mount Death Play

Contributor
Honestly this series disappointed me quite badly...

The idea itself was good, a monstrous necromancer god send himself off to the future aiming to be reincarnated, but got send to another world and is now in modern japan.

But all this was ruined by the author listing the fatal errors:
First: Way too much supernatural almost everyone in this series is some superhuman that can fight on par with the so called "Corpse God" this doesn't make sense and ruins clearly the eerieness factor he would otherwise create in a modern world.

Second: The characters and multiple pov, the characters in this series are not likeable at all, everyone is so important and all knowing prepared for everything and what not, we are in modern japan but everyone is all "so is that special?" their reactions are off, doesn't feel even the slightest bit real, and since the character are unlikeable and feel unreal the multiple pov is a pain you don't care about anyone else other than the mc but are in almost every chapter forced to read from a other pov you don't care about.

Third: The mc, he is supposed to be a monster that is very very old but his actions don't fit to his past life at all nor his wisdom he should have acquired, he is easily fooled or tricked and doesn't make proper use of his ability he could get himself the power he needs but isn't going for it because he is so lawful?

A real necromancer in a normal modern world, that would be very interesting.
But this is just another fast paced nonesense with a depressing undertone everything is bad and dark and twisted, very badly sold and boring.

Contributor
Well, the premise does quite sound like something Narita would come up with. Take the genre you're working with, turn it on its head for funsies, add a liberal dose of moral relativity...

Aggregator gang
@Izaya_Onisai im sorry for @ing you but all of your points are explained later on
First of all its revealed that this is the same world as what he came from
Second everyone in the series knows a lot about only one thing or parts of things, like how polkas cousin knows about lemmings identity but not corpse gods or the empire symbol
Thirdly they say corpse gods personality is getting corrupted by polkas and muddling his mind
i feel as if you have int read very far or werent paying attention in which case id like to reccomend a reread because l really like this series, and going in with this new information i think you could too
agian really sorry for the @ i just think you might need a new series with all the corona stuff going on😃
(thanks for contributing to oso)

Dex-chan lover
@Izaya_Onisai
I've read till latest translated chapters (51), and there are quite a few explanation in the story. It's implied that some entities like Lemming, Firebug are obviously supernatural beings who maybe original from another world too, and there are others that came into this modern world long before the Corpse God himself, for example the head of court wizards, that might seek refuge here after his empire was gone, and might have already established his root deep in the Japan government. (the same empire C.God used to serve as he instantly recognizes the name of that wizard and symbol of the fallen empire).
As for fighting or dominating the world, we know that he want to archive a lasting peaceful life and he want to avoid fighting if he can, as seen in beginning he can wipe Clarissa group if he want, but he's quick to make a deal with her to establish his new necromancy job. However himself in the body of an heir of a big wealthy family that has been assassinated before, of course troubles will keep coming to him one after another, so fighting to protect people which are friendly and close to him is what he would do only when it's necessary, as it's already said that magic source is scarce in this modern world and he like to reserve. We cannot say that everyone who appears in this manga is supernatural and fight on par with C.God because there haven't any major battle between him and other supernatural entity yet, as C.God mainly do the scouting and reconnaissance, except for brief encounter with Lemming who isn't human too as said before, isn't actually his enemy (for now I suppose).
Any big battles we saw was Deadpool-like assassin girl Misaki (his minion) mainly doing the fighting with other thug and strong hitman like her. She is actually kickass and made stronger (upgrade) by him after each confrontation.

now that kiss is gone. Can someone here translate this? Im willing to donate if any scanlator gets this series and translate it.

Can anyone notify me if there is a english scanlation group for this?

It got liscenced so mangadex take it down. Read it here https://mangakatana.com/manga/dead-mount-death-play.20221. It's already at CHP. 58

thx @waifuhunter101
And for the haters, except the (rare) cases that the publisher allow it, teams on Mangadex pull off chapters of a serie when it's ben licensed (=bought) by a publisher in a language which was fantranslated

It's amazing how these "official" sites want you to pay $2.20 per chapter to read a manga. For the same amount that it would cost you to read this you could probably go buy a whole book series or something. I'm amazed they make any money at all.

Users who are viewing this thread