DEAD ROCK - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - God of the Demon Realm

Dex-chan lover
I'm completely shocked this wasn't written by haruhara robinson. I haven't read fairytale at all but a lot of the poses and expressions here look like something straight out of seiyuu or tis time for torture princess

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmmmm, yeah I like it. The MC's goal to kill a fake god is ok.
Also, I kind of like this cast of characters, I think it's a bit different from Mashima's trio?
The art as always is good
But also, how does Mashima do it? Like, he has Edens Zero, Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest and now Dead Rock

Dex-chan lover
OK! First chapter does look promising! I really thought it gonna be the same since "if it's not broken, don't fix it" but just the gore, and hopefully a less dense and more mercilessly MC! Well, it's a shonen so I will not expect anything groundbreaking
Acnologia is a character deserving more credit so hoping it is relevant to this story! Plus the fan-service is just right, and not in your face like in Eden zero! :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
I like how ruthless everyone in this story is. Yakuto looks like a kind MC, but he immediately kills his own teacher. Freyr is simply someone looking for a good fight, and is willing to fight anyone. Reisen is very arrogant and belittles people, Hien is absolutely cold to everyone, and Mikoto controls the dead with a sinister purpose. Honey's cool, but other than being rude he hasn't been as memorable as the others.

All of their reactions to Yakuto's motive was interesting! Reisen looks terrified, Hien was a bit apprehensive, Mikoto was doubting, and Honey was simply confused. But of course, Freyr had the best one. She fell in love!

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess God was the one that exterminated the dragons and he escaped to the human world and grew up there and now he's back for revenge

This is too easy

Dex-chan lover
Okay, this seems fun and interesting so far, and very different from Hiro Mashima's other work. Also, does Hiro Mashima ever stop working? It seems like the man is literally grinding away 24/7.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, even though love Hiro Mashima's works, I had my doubts, it was going to be any different but now I'm interested. Can't wait for the next chapter
At least for now, this seems quite different from his usual work, not used to him actually killing characters lmao (even if they're just filler characters)

Dex-chan lover
are we just ignoring that he is acnologia's kin
I mean that's more than likely just an easter egg, and that's not actually Acnologia. Hiro Mashima does that all the time with his series.

This series is gonna be good, better than Edens Zero. I hope mashima makes this series long instead of being short. Already there is blood, death, and main character has the power of Acnologia.

Dex-chan lover
If Mashima wouldn‘t draw women as pieces of meat, I could read his works. Good days back when he wrote Rave Master where the female characters weren‘t masturbation material for 14 year old readers…

Also, isn‘t his space manga still ongoing?
Yeah Eden Zero is still ongoing but already at the final arc, probably gonna end this year.

Dex-chan lover
I thought he’d be the usual endearing and dumb but also badass MC we’re use to. But man was I way off.

Not going to even sugarcoat it. It makes him so unique and attractive. Though Wolfboy who reminds of of Jellal is just as hawt.

Is there a deep seated resentment rooted in his quest or is it a if I kill God? Then no one can oppose or suppress again.

I’m invested.

Fed-Kun's army
cover1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Today, we use our power and fell a god, and then seize our destiny!™️

alrite i'm hooked up that's an intersting first chapter i wonder how this story will go i also can't wait for yakuto's backstory and if any of them will betray him i wouldn't be surprised if they did

Dex-chan lover
Modern shounens are brutal. Even dinosaurs like Mashima adapts.
But why "villainess" theme? It isn't my lovely otome game isekai.

Users who are viewing this thread