Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku

Double-page supporter
It takes some real talent to make a setting as fantastical as this one with an MC as strong as this one... tedious. Weird hangups the author has being shoved into the story through Satou's inner dialogue aside, Satou is painfully, agonizingly boring.

Even the fights are boring, with such an asinine number of damage types and resistances that the interminable "resistance skill acquired" messages are meaningless because in the next fight he'll just be hit by something else - except it'll do the same damage of "nothing." It's a distinction without a difference. There's no urgency and no strategy; Satou resists everything and spams the same handful of attacks and the author does such a poor job keeping track of even this childishly simple system that the effects of those spammed attacks are barely noticeable until suddenly the fight is over.

The multi-chapter ordeal of him fighting the boar head whatever is legitimately one of the most boring things i've ever read. I realized after it finally ended that I couldn't bring myself to care about anything in this setting anymore, as it became clear the author had no grasp whatsoever on what makes for a gripping narrative.

If I had one word to describe this, however, it wouldn't be "garbage" or "boring": it'd be "squandered." There are the beginnings of a compelling world and story buried in the foundations here, but the author has surrounded them in monotonous rubble rather than build on them.

If you're here because you like the series, you'd better just learn Japanese instead and read the raws.
The translator doesn't translate the updated chapters, even if there are dozens of them already.
The only translate like, once every 6 months. :facepalm: :worry: :huh: :shamihuh:

Fed-Kun's army
Ok im not gonna lie, i speed running this manga and alot of pages i just skimmed through it which i still understand almost all plot point. This manga in a nutshell basically. At least the mc is honest

Sorry for bad english.

Fed-Kun's army
Super annoyed by the cockblocking comedic relief shotacon exposition-dumping lolibaba.

I rarely follow a manga just because of a character. I'm reading this for Zena, and I hope that dead(revived) girl gets justice too. Ngl, after all these years, it's quite boring. The only other memorable moment was that girl who died(by demon) and was revived. It was honestly a good setup for character development. But it really feels like the mc is detached from the seriousness of things throughout. As if a player in a game and things just work conveniently, at least that's how I'd explain it. As per the novel, the romance theatrics shouldn't have existed in the first place if it's never going to go that way.

Users who are viewing this thread