Death Toll Scans

I'm curious why japanese titles really have much slower update compared to korean ones... Like Rain Man & Nana Toshi for example

Power Uploader
@Puputanidya There are several reasons, some of them series-specific, some related to the format.

To begin with, webtoons are weekly, whereas most of the manga we do are monthly. That means manga chapters are normally quite bigger than webtoon chapters, thus increasing translation and edition time.

Second, in the case of our group, the contrast in edition difficulty is even bigger, because most of the manga we work on are quite hard to redraw. Nana Toshi Monogatari needs time to proofread and to clean, as well.

Another factor is the translators. Webtoons are often done by Korean-Americans, or Koreans with a very good level of English. So they tend to be faster given that they're bilingual. One of our KTLs produced 40 chapters in two days. (Though she's an outlier even among Korean translators.)

In contrast, JTLs are mostly people who learned Japanese as a second language. We have three JTLs who are native Japanese speakers, and two of them are extremely busy and only produce a chapter sporadically. Many, like myself aren't even native English speakers, so we take significantly longer to translate a chapter. That's not to say all non-bilingual TLors are slow. One of ours is quite fast. (He happens to be the translator of Rain Man, so in the case of that series it's just bad luck that he's busy sorting out real life matters.)

Other than that, some of our series are slow just due to bad luck. Several bottlenecks that affect manga don't matter to webtoons, like raw availability. Sometimes the raw provider is busy, sometimes we have to wait for new volumes to arrive for scanning etc.

Hi there!

Thank you very much for your great work. Can you please tell me about Funouhan, has it been dropped?

not requesting shits, but I'm just actually here to say that thank you very much for the works. Death Toll Scans is one of the best scan groups out there. THESE GUYS' TASTE IN MANGA/MANHWA IS TOP NOTCH

stay safe!

Did you translate past the first 33 chapters of Kami-sama no Iutoori 2? I see people talking about the ending but it looks like it got cut off there :(

Dex-chan lover
Hello , i was wondering if you guys did drop kakushigoto ?

Can anyone translate this naver webtoon please
https://m.comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=733765&week=tue

Power Uploader
@Elma_ No, Kakushigoto is on a hiatus in Japan, and we've scanlated all the available chapters. We'll resume scanlation when there are more chapters.

Hey I've read a manga called trauma center its really good but it's only updated till chv14 but is updated till ch 66 in naver it looks like the group scanlation dropped it ut would be wonderfull if your group picks it up and works on it AND thankyou for giving us the fast pass chapters too :) for how to fight

Users who are viewing this thread