Deathbound Duke's Daughter and the Seven Nobles - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
There are holes in my memory but iirc, the MC broke the first flag with the tsundere magician boi who should’ve lost his sister and turned to the dark side. This one is an arc about a prince’s dragon rider obsession, so much so that he would sacrifice everything.

I lack details but I hope it helps. Can’t even remember how a warrior’s soul came to possess her golem.

Dex-chan lover
It's been so long the reveal this chapter makes no sense to me. Ah well, I guess it's time for a reread. Thanks for the new chapter, I do love this series so it's a real treat
Yeah, you should re-read. You wouldn't regret it. This is a good and fun manga. But for those who don't want re-read:

First read the summary to get the basic premise.

The first capture target is Klaus, who would become the most genius magician. MC saved Klaus who's severely lacking in social skills, his brocon sister, and even his teacher. MC also defeated and friended the giant sea beast named Zaratan, who then follows MC around in the form of smol black knight, acting as MC's personal golem. MC gave it a new name: Tirnanog. Basically, MC won the trust and affection of everyone in the kingdom with her superb display of skills. Finished with the first capture target, MC go to the next capture target in another kingdom.

August is the second capture target. Despite being the first prince of Ignitia, the country of dragon knights, August was incapable of riding any dragon. Based on MC's knowledge of the game, he will use a forbidden spell and merge with an ancient phantom beast called the Beast of Contract to gain the ability to ride dragons. But in exchange he will eventually cease to be human. In OG story, August use the forbidden spell after getting ridiculed by OG Erica. Then August kills Erica.

So MC decided not to insult August, even by mistake. MC eventually meet August and Miss Palug. MC only knew Palug as August's human friend until this chapter. Like with Klaus, MC inadvertently made August like her. During their subsequent meetings MC learn about the Beast of Contract, which allegedly can grant any wish, was cursed by god to accept any challenge in a game of riddles. Its name then erased from records. MC became close with August and she thought things are fine.

But then MC found that August joined the kingdom knights tournament and could somehow ride a dragon. August could do that because he suddenly found a dragon that's not rejecting him. August won the tournament, but the whole thing was actually a trap (the dragon was intoxicated to become submissive) so August was accused of cheating. August's cousin then came slandering him, MC, and August's mother - which enrage August so much he try to kill the dude using his telepathic ability. Which continues into this chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man, my favorite isekai batman is back! And it's only a few chapters left till the end :angery:

Thank you for resurrecting it, even if just for a moment.

Dex-chan lover
An update after more than a year.

Edit-> So he long made contact already.

Last edited:
I wish Tir could freely roam around without the armor though. I love to see him running around on two feet, but too bad he has to hide his identity.

Dex-chan lover
I assume this was just a novel ad seeing how it ended at 27 chaps.

Dex-chan lover
I assume this was just a novel ad seeing how it ended at 27 chaps.

The manga adaptation covers up to the last released LN Vol 2, which has been discontinued for some years now.

The WN is still ongoing. The story gets even better and more intriguing in later arcs, but unfortunately I don't think it was able to attract enough domestic JP readers to support the novel publications.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The manga adaptation covers up to the last released LN Vol 2, which has been discontinued for some years now.

The WN is still ongoing. The story gets even better and more intriguing in later arcs, but unfortunately I don't think it was able to attract enough domestic JP readers to support the novel publications.
Sooo a failed LN ad.. :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Sooo a failed LN ad.. :nyoron:

That is likely, when you consider more successful manga ads for other LNs are still ongoing (ex. Death March manga adaptation).

There's even one series, The Strongest Wizard Making Full Use of the Strategy Guide, where even though the LNs were discontinued just like this one, the manga adaptation seemed to have gotten popular enough to the point that it is adapting the original WN content now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread