Deatte Hitotsuki de Zecchou Jorei! - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
The chichisake onna arc was WAYYYYYY better. It made it less obvious that Nagumo was the actual villain compared to this arc.

I'd argue the actually interesting part of this arc was figuring out what the fuck was actually going on, vs the Chichisake which we knew how it operated and what kind of particulars the person behind the apparition was supposed to have.

Sadly that wasn't an actual significant part of the story, it was showing even more of how discriminated our MC is because of his power, which we know decently well before this arc.

Like, it doesn't track that a girl that wants her big brother to look at her would generate an apparition obsessed with little girls, which she VERY much isn't. It would have been something like an incest spirit instead, but I guess that's too much for this early arc in the author's mind? IDK.

So at least trying to find what the actual deal is with the apparition and why it even is on Sakura (which, as we were told at the end, was basically through barely any fault of her own), was somewhat interesting to me...if only it had been focused on a bit more, or given a better reasoning...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Pads girl is objectively better.

But of course, cursed eyes is just best girl overall.

Supporter
I'd argue the actually interesting part of this arc was figuring out what the fuck was actually going on, vs the Chichisake which we knew how it operated and what kind of particulars the person behind the apparition was supposed to have.

Sadly that wasn't an actual significant part of the story, it was showing even more of how discriminated our MC is because of his power, which we know decently well before this arc.

Like, it doesn't track that a girl that wants her big brother to look at her would generate an apparition obsessed with little girls, which she VERY much isn't. It would have been something like an incest spirit instead, but I guess that's too much for this early arc in the author's mind? IDK.

So at least trying to find what the actual deal is with the apparition and why it even is on Sakura (which, as we were told at the end, was basically through barely any fault of her own), was somewhat interesting to me...if only it had been focused on a bit more, or given a better reasoning...
He's not actually her big brother, though (her use of "onii-chan" isn't the literal one but the colloquial instance signifying a somewhat [but not dramatically] older male figure of admiration and reliability). It wouldn't take any kind of incest spirit to draw his attention. Well, it shouldn't, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread