Debby the Corsifa wa Makezugirai - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Test of Courage

Dex-chan lover
Your describing what most sports series get there,
Wait seriously? I never knew Sports series were like that.

it's so weird how rom-com is the worst at the rom part normally.

Yeah that is weird. It may be that if they tried to be less formulaic then the publisher wouldn't go for it. I know in America, publishers are a huge reason a ton of books force in romance when it doesn't make sense. The romance market is huge and they always want a cut.

Dex-chan lover
Your describing what most sports series get there, it's so weird how rom-com is the worst at the rom part normally.
I find romcoms to be best when they focus more on the comedy or slice of life stuff. Or on the more dramatic side, character arcs that are related to the romance but not defined by it. And throughout romance can still be a driving factor and an important goal, but without other plot threads it falls flat.

Dex-chan lover
I find romcoms to be best when they focus more on the comedy or slice of life stuff. Or on the more dramatic side, character arcs that are related to the romance but not defined by it. And throughout romance can still be a driving factor and an important goal, but without other plot threads it falls flat.
It's why outside of the rushed ending, Domestic Girlfriend is one of my more favoured of the rom series. Too many rely on giving the reader diabeetus and forgetting character arcs.

Dex-chan lover
A for effort Diablo. Holy crap, the ghost too. Though the design reminds me of that one manga about a mangaka living together with a ghost

Dex-chan lover
"I don't have my heels on"

Debby that's like 5 feet worth of height, the hell kinda shoes you wearin?!

Side note: It looks like Rokuro is getting a relationship flag with Debby. I guess there wasn't much else you could do with these two besides romance and humor.
yeah... But she is like 27 and he... 16? Seems so wrong to me. And they had an opportunity to not put that way

Dex-chan lover
"I don't have my heels on"

Debby that's like 5 feet worth of height, the hell kinda shoes you wearin?!

Side note: It looks like Rokuro is getting a relationship flag with Debby. I guess there wasn't much else you could do with these two besides romance and humor.

An earlier chapter gave Debby's height as 149 cm (not including the heels) while Rokuro height is 166 cm. The difference is roughly 7 inches. My guess, based on previous panels, Debby's height with her heels is close to 158 cm as that is Temari's height and they seem relatively similar in stature. (Also a difference of 9 cm is kinda close to the average heel height so I stand by this totally extra analysis)

Users who are viewing this thread