Delete Account Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
This is a formal request to please delete my account. I've been spending too much time reading manga here, and would like to disconnect as much as I can as part of a larger process I am undertaking to get back to reality.

Thanks to whomever can make it happen since the button to do so is temporarily unavailable... and has been for a long time.

Dex-chan lover
This is a formal request to please delete my account. I've been spending too much time reading manga here, and would like to disconnect as much as I can as part of a larger process I am undertaking to get back to reality.

Thanks to whomever can make it happen since the button to do so is temporarily unavailable... and has been for a long time.
is ok brother. i read manga like 2 hours a day, game for 6 hours, anime for 3 hours, work 2 jobs, cook, travel to isekai once in a while, and still have time for sleep. just need to get better at time management.

Power Uploader
Currently the technical means to delete one's account is not there yet, but you can get on a queue to delete your account by sending a mail at support@mangadex.org and requesting them for account deletion, Good luck with life

Dex-chan lover
I would at least attempt to backup your list just in case you do decide some point later in life you want to get back into the manga scene.

Power Uploader
I don't really see what deleting your account will accomplish, it's not like it'll prevent you from reading manga, not on this site nor on others. If you can't control yourself or your time now, deleting your account isn't going to help. If anything, you may end up losing more time later if you find yourself back here trying to find all your followed manga again.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really see what deleting your account will accomplish, it's not like it'll prevent you from reading manga, not on this site nor on others. If you can't control yourself or your time now, deleting your account isn't going to help. If anything, you may end up losing more time later if you find yourself back here trying to find all your followed manga again.
Generally, it's about removing connections. The less connections, the less temptation. And it's worked well enough for some other things in my life.

I have also found myself spending over an hour creating a comment several times, so that's a lot of time spent on this site while not even reading manga.

My list is on baka updates, but even still, I make it a habit to clear my lists every few years. If I remember it to re-add it, it was worth keeping up with. If I don't, I don't sweat it.

Dex-chan lover
is ok brother. i read manga like 2 hours a day, game for 6 hours, anime for 3 hours, work 2 jobs, cook, travel to isekai once in a while, and still have time for sleep. just need to get better at time management.
I've suffered multiple concussions, am dizzy 24/7, among other issues. Sad to say, but I'm not even remotely capable of doing what you do. I have a cousin like that: worked full time while in high school. He only got 4 hours of sleep. I need 7, always needed that much, and more recently even that doesn't feel like enough.

Power Uploader
Generally, it's about removing connections. The less connections, the less temptation. And it's worked well enough for some other things in my life.

I have also found myself spending over an hour creating a comment several times, so that's a lot of time spent on this site while not even reading manga.

My list is on baka updates, but even still, I make it a habit to clear my lists every few years. If I remember it to re-add it, it was worth keeping up with. If I don't, I don't sweat it.
Fair enough, and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread