Delicious in Dungeon - Vol. 10 Ch. 64.1 - Daydream Hour 3

Dex-chan lover
I really love the design process of Kui and that guy who drew Kouya ni Kemono Doukokusu. The technical side of the drawing is good and there is great deal of thought behind the practical aspects and feel of characters and their equipment.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation!

If only Isekai authors had 1/4 of Ryoko's worldbuilding creativity, the medieval fantasy genre would be so much better...

I especially like the take on female dwarves, in other works I see they either have beards like males (the Tolkien version), are malnourished lolis who somehow are still super strong despite not having a fiber of muscle in their arms (the "bro it's not a loli it's a dwarf so it's ok if I fap to it, see?" version), or simply don't exist because the author doesn't wanna bother themselves with the thought. But in Dungeon Meshi they're stocky and strong, but also cute and actually appear on-screen! It's the perfect version.

I also appreciate her efforts to make every character unique while still keeping their designs reasonable and consistent with the world. There's the different clothes, the diversity within each race, the facial features... boy, I can keep going all day about the brilliant art of this woman, can't I?

Anyways Dungeon Meshi = good, that's my point.

Banned
99% of the drawings were great...

...but one of izutsumi looked like it was from Cats (the musical (the movie)).

Aggregator gang
Out of all the ferocious and tough looking kobolds, the author decided to use the most derpy looking one lol.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
I love this!!!
Ahhh Kui's art is always so structured, but round and cute. There's so much planning and variation and thought that goes into this series.

I'm very thankful for all the fun characters we've been given.

Also Laius in a dorky dragon sweater 👀👀

Double-page supporter
These are really, really good! Also they have a lot of tips for people who want to be better at drawing. Thanks for this!

Dex-chan lover
I like how she says she loves to draw Namari but she's rarely seen in the actual story.

Aww shit hoody Namari with the short hair. So fucking cute.

Love her art and how much thought she puts into her characters so much.

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone has the Daydream Hour 1 in any decent quality and/or translated?

I think the part that impresses me most is the charts for how close they get with each subordinate, body language can say so much about a person and their relationship to others

izutsumi with a collar is possibly the most DESIRE thing ive seen all year.

Dex-chan lover
Marcille confirmed for being that weird aunt at every wedding dance.

Dex-chan lover
These sketches really make me realise how incredible an artist and writer that Kui is. Especially seeing the mouth and eyes chart on page 5, I could recognise so many of the characters based on eye shape alone, which really speaks to the variety in her character's features. She really tries to make her characters unique and easily distinguish from each other, AND pays special attention with how they interact with each other. Simply phenomenal.

Fed-Kun's army
So many gold
Laius and farlyn, twisting hands, being content,
Young senshi and blushing senshi,
All that intimidating ogres, line after line, only ro see tade twirling her hair and being cute in general,
Dancing marcille,
That extremely thin dwarf that is going to give me nightmares,
Orc girl,
izutsumi,
All that kobolds,
And also many other cool things.

Dex-chan lover
Page 15 can be used as portraits for RPG characters...

Using modern clothes to define your character is one way of saying you know your way with clothes, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread