Delicious in Dungeon World Guide: The Adventurer's Bible - Ch. 1 - Laios

Contributor
@miyako19

I mean, that’s how Yen Press translated it. My guess is that the English and Japanese editors got together to figure out the official translations.

Dex-chan lover
This is... this is good. Im still gonna buy it but thanks for the translations

Dex-chan lover
So... how long until a Tade Chapter? I need it for...uhhh reasons

Dex-chan lover
The little short at the end is quite interesting, I wonder if his dad is gonna show up in the main manga

Dex-chan lover
ooooh, actual official lore and never seen before tibits and not just a recap of '' the manga so far'' that's a pretty damned good book, i wish it was translated in my country, thanks so much for the release.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Damn you know you're a fan when you eat shit like this up

Guess I'm a fan

I'm starting to understand why Laios shaved his beard when Falin mentioned he looked like their father.

Fucking nice.
Though I'm curious about the they/them used for the deity, I don't recall anything similar in Kui's works. Is that a tweak of the translation, or was that from the original as well?

Dex-chan lover
OH HELL YEAH, LORE.

And man, now I understand why he hates his father.

@flameshadowwolf

Their father already did a minor scene in the story (only in a flashback and dream though), appearance wise in present time we can only hope so (maybe in the end of the manga).

WoWzers. This is like a D&D manual and design spec sheets. Berry nice indeed. Thanks for the TN! I saw this thing being mentioned on the main index so I was curious. The author even put his BMI index! Now that's what a nutritionist would be looking at. 🏥

@L_Agache I would guess that it's because the japanese language has gender-neutral pronouns and those were used there, so the translators are playing it safe with 'they'.

Dex-chan lover
Laius isn't the easiest person to deal with but he in his core is a good and caring person, but his father seems to be overly aloof, and more than anything practically disowning your own daughter when you know she just has an amazing talent is a top-notch asshole move.

Dex-chan lover
so laios is a 26-Years-Old Virgin Wizard / SpellCaster ? lol .

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/30-year-old-virgin-wizard

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little confused by the Laios/Falin backstory. When they say Falin was expelled from the village, does that mean when she was sent to magic school? But in chapter 52, he says he left the village a year before her. So the timeline is: ghost incident happens, making everyone scared of Falin (499) --> Laios leaves for boarding school because he resents the villagers (500) --> Falin gets sent away to magic school (501). It seems like she was expelled two years after the incident, which is confusing, and her "expulsion" meant getting sent to magic school, though I'm sure their father didn't want to just kick her out and leave her homeless. Would it be more accurate to say that she was "sent away"? I guess this will get clarified if Falin gets a bonus chapter.

Thanks for uploading this guide! It seems that reading side-stuff like these give the characters more depth and I'm absolutely all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread