Demonic Emperor - Vol. 1 Ch. 89 - Pain

It doesn't really feel genuine to me. Like i get it if his pride stopped him from leaving her be, but not his feelings for this random girl he met yesturday. A lot of these stories end up having the same issue for me in that their reincarnated MC has the emotional IQ of a 16year old.

Yeah. I don't buy him going through that for a girl he met a week or two ago...
I doubt he even knows her favorite color....

Well i understand if he’ll go through all that for that girl with how he wanted to sacrifice her and she still saved him

@vasil94 & @dosithee it has been like half a year since they been together. Have ya been paying attention when it says 1 month or 3 months later. Chapter 62 it been a month since all three of them been together, Chapter 72 say 3 months later, Chapter 78 say it took them a month to get to the 3rd area then Chapter 83 say it took them more than a month to get back to the first area. You could argue he been with them longer then he been with the Lou Family.

@Marcusx8 i obviously didn't mean literally a day has passed... what i meant was it feels out of character for him to care for the girl and the story hasnt shown me a reason for that to have changed.

@vasil94 so chapter 74 meant nothing to you. What about Chapter 76 when Zhou Fan said they’re in a life & death pact? There’s also Chapter 80 when he say they belong to him.

@vasil94 you are making it sounds like MC has special feelings for her or something but it's more like he feels bad leaving her be after she has done so much for him. MC was betrayed hence he treasures trust worthy people around him this time.

@chikikuto its been so long since i dropped this but i keep getting replies... i'll quote MC a moment: "if it wasn't for Ning Er i wouldn't even think about doing it, it's just too dangerous". He is legitimately putting his life on the line here.
I guess everyone can interpret his character however they like but this train of thought doesn't match what i had built up in my head for the character. Ot feels unnatural to me thus i don't like it.
Also no MC doesn't care about people who are trustworthy- iirc he trusted his desciple in his last life. He is scarred from that experience and has trust issues that is the opposite of treasuring others.
Him doing it for previous girl was fine cause he took over a body and some such. This is a different case.

Apologies for scattered thoughts but it's late and it's been awhile since i read this.

All that being said, I am not trying to diminish the pleasure anyone is getting from this. I was simply venting at the time about something not matching my taste.
Have a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread