Deokure Tamer no Sonohigurashi

“When life gives you manure, start a farm”
Heck’n top kek. Now they’ve got my attention.

Review:
7/10

Wholesomeness 5/5.
95% of the cast are good people and the remaing 5% get silenced very quickly. The MC is surrounded in cute pets and a good portion of the story is filled with feeding the pets or watching other players fangirl over the pets.

Fighting 3/5.
The fights are okay, but we don’t get much since the MC’s pets are mostly production related.

Gaming 2/5.
The MC sucks at games. He doesn’t read the community board, misses basic mechanics, easily gets full of himself, and is dense enough to not realize what people think of him. If you want gaming, he’ll frustrate you.
The overall game is fine though. It’s pretty well balanced with the MC being pitifully weak in exchange for his farming buffs. That said, any zone the MC walks into will have at least one (major) thing that hasn’t been discovered yet. His play style is to use discovery bonuses to hard-carry his account, which isn’t too unreasonable since the only ones with more playtime than him are beta testers.

MC 3/5.
The MC takes it slow with farming, hanging out with his cute pets, and easily becoming famous (the protagonist luck is strong in this one). Worst part, in my opinion, is that MC has that ‘humbleness taken to such an extreme that it became ignorance and chronically low self esteem’ thing Japanese MCs are prone to having.

Overall:
If you want it cute and wholesome, this gets my full recommendation. If you want an MC that’s intelligent, skilled, and/or good at reading social cues, this is not for you.

Side note:
I popped some raws in google translate and got up to chapter 270 on the webnovel (manga ch 15 is novel ch 41). The farther we get, the more cute pets the MC has and the more frustrating his gaming illiteracy is.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Feels like a farming isekai with stats than it does a vrmmo. Not to mention his life outside the game is non-existent. I will humbly assume that all the npcs, quests, and system is handled by a super powerful, extremely well scripted AI that the devs themselves can't control minus hotfixes and updates and will simply do it's job for better or worse or nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread