Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Into the Virtual World

Dex-chan lover
I started rading the WN just to check differences, and differences there are. This chapters covers up to chapter 5 and only the first of two preludes.

The main differences up till this point:
  • the GvG scene at the start is reversed (it's the MC and the childhood friends who are being chased, but that's a trap for the clickbait)
  • there's no mention about crossplaying, although the starting races available are determined by the player's genetic info (there's a verbal consent agreement that's treated as an EULA)
  • MC's "subconscious agreement" is explained better in the WN (he blames himself for the bite scar on the girl twin's neck and he subconsciously accepted that, had he had vampire fangs, there would be no scar, or one way more concealable)
  • MC's relationship with the mother, while still in a state of mostly absentism, is way less strained
  • the NPC saved from the bear is an adult that lived with his brother, who went to the city (it seems like he's the kid's father and that his wife's alive/present)
It seems like MC had a buggy DNA that phenotipically expressed as a male human but had concealed that of a female vampire, and the Cradle in conjunction with the game was set up so that his DNA got corrected according to his avatar choice ("vampire" would fix him as a female vampire, anything else as a human male).

is not appearing in mirrors and photos really a weakness? sounds more like a strength
In the WN they explain that the reason he chose not to pick that is because VMMOs are all 1st person and he has no clue how she looks and wants to check it, and picking that up would make such a thing forever impossible.

Also, although this is just my speculation for now, based on the 2nd prelude that didn't get adapted, there's a high chance that whatever weaknesses got picked during character creation turned into real world weaknesses, so in hindsight it was best not to, since not only that would have made it impossible to grasp her own image, it would be a hassle for daily life.

Dex-chan lover
I started rading the WN just to check differences, and differences there are. This chapters covers up to chapter 5 and only the first of two preludes.

The main differences up till this point:
  • the GvG scene at the start is reversed (it's the MC and the childhood friends who are being chased, but that's a trap for the clickbait)
  • there's no mention about crossplaying, although the starting races available are determined by the player's genetic info (there's a verbal consent agreement that's treated as an EULA)
  • MC's "subconscious agreement" is explained better in the WN (he blames himself for the bite scar on the girl twin's neck and he subconsciously accepted that, had he had vampire fangs, there would be no scar, or one way more concealable)
  • MC's relationship with the mother, while still in a state of mostly absentism, is way less strained
  • the NPC saved from the bear is an adult that lived with his brother, who went to the city (it seems like he's the kid's father and that his wife's alive/present)
It seems like MC had a buggy DNA that phenotipically expressed as a male human but had concealed that of a female vampire, and the Cradle in conjunction with the game was set up so that his DNA got corrected according to his avatar choice ("vampire" would fix him as a female vampire, anything else as a human male).

In the WN they explain that the reason he chose not to pick that is because VMMOs are all 1st person and he has no clue how she looks and wants to check it, and picking that up would make such a thing forever impossible.

Also, although this is just my speculation for now, based on the 2nd prelude that didn't get adapted, there's a high chance that whatever weaknesses got picked during character creation turned into real world weaknesses, so in hindsight it was best not to, since not only that would have made it impossible to grasp her own image, it would be a hassle for daily life.

The message of this story is confusing. The dad makes a game that's transphobic, but he's totally fine with his son transitioning to become his daughter? Maybe the tech in this futuristic society is just so advanced that it's assumed trans people are able to smoothly correct their gender irl, and casuals aren't accepted lol

Dex-chan lover
The message of this story is confusing. The dad makes a game that's transphobic, but he's totally fine with his son transitioning to become his daughter? Maybe the tech in this futuristic society is just so advanced that it's assumed trans people are able to smoothly correct their gender irl, and casuals aren't accepted lol
If you mean the thing about not allowing crossplaying, the reason for that is that this story is set in the same continuity as Worldgate Online (in fact, the study behind DUO is made from the remnants of the study behind WGO), and in that reality the (japanese) government passed a law forbidding crossplaying due to negative effects to the mental health (basically rampant disphoria among the hordes of non-trans crossplayers, but that's the way governments make laws even in reality: based on partial information and reluctant to change).

In WGO people got around the law mainly by people swapping characters (i.e. someone who created a male character and someone who created a female one trade devices and save data), but the government was already starting to crack on it.

Dex-chan lover
Dude's a vegetarian, so he doesn't want to eat animal products in games either, even if he's playing as a vampire and thus drinking blood ought to be a core element of the player character's very race/species. Does that also work in reverse? He loves playing PvP games where he kills other players' characters. So, does he also love killing people in real life? Maybe there's a cognitive dissonance at play here. You might even call it hypocrisy if you were to use more straightforward language. But then again, if we are talking about full-dive VR, nobody in our world has any experiences of it, so who knows how it might affect the mind. That being said, if breaking vegetarian diet in full-dive VR still feels worse than chopping off the head of a screaming person (character), I just don't know what to think about it. Pretty deep stuff.

Aggregator gang
imagine if my prediction is true tho, frfr.
Kinda sorta is, but you've got it slightly backwards.

He is actually XXY intersex, or at least it's implied, but he's also half-vampire on his mother's side. The entire point of this exercise is that he has a vampire instincts but a human body, and that will drive him insane eventually. So his parents took the AI/Game they were already working on and added a feature to allow him to subconsciously choose which path to take, either a male human or a female vampire (since the vampire trait is in the XX bits). Whichever one he chose, the 'Cradle' he is in will reformat his body to match. Since she chose female vampire, that's what's she's going to be when she gets out.

Dex-chan lover
I really wanted him to go Pureblood because in most of the stories they're present within they are absurdly op... But man 20 seconds and then poof... Really sounds unplayable.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
so normaly i would complain about the waste of money building only stuff for one person in an mmo, but i guess this one is a special case

father is mad sus for doing this to his underage kid, also just cut your hair short, wear pants and call yourself a man if you are that uncomfortable, i doubt their religious orders would give a fuck about it.

Group Leader
"Players cannot play as the opposite sex" lmao

That is probably the most common thing in MMOs, and it will certainly still be one of the most common things when VRMMOs are truly a thing... Where tf the author's head was with that one? Or whoever forced it in this version, since it seems that the WN didn't mention it.

Kinda sorta is, but you've got it slightly backwards.

He is actually XXY intersex, or at least it's implied, but he's also half-vampire on his mother's side. The entire point of this exercise is that he has a vampire instincts but a human body, and that will drive him insane eventually. So his parents took the AI/Game they were already working on and added a feature to allow him to subconsciously choose which path to take, either a male human or a female vampire (since the vampire trait is in the XX bits). Whichever one he chose, the 'Cradle' he is in will reformat his body to match. Since she chose female vampire, that's what's she's going to be when she gets out.
Lmao, that sounds really fucked up. The MC knew none of that information and even says in this chapter that he didn't know the race was gender-locked and thought he'd be able to play as a boy. I wonder why they didn't just directly ask him instead of leaving his gender up to random chance. I would've chosen the unique race too if I were him, and I sure don't have any future plans to change my IRL gender. Parents of the year here, doing something that would in reality give most people long-lasting, if not lifelong trauma. But this is manga land, so everything will probably turn out all right.

Aggregator gang
Meh this looks like trash from the get go. The only positive is the good artstyle

I'm going to guess based on this first chapter that the mom and dad just wanted a daughter and the mom probably left because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread