Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『 Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - An Offering to the Shrine

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the triple release!
I know you can't do anything about that, but I'm still kinda annoyed at how this arc keeps meandering on. I feel like we've passed a point where it turned from tense to just being a chore several chapters ago.
At least we got to see fox loli going goblin mode.

Dex-chan lover
Having played games with PK mechanics, this is pretty true to reality.

PKers want the joy of stomping on people and inflicting pain on strangers – I don’t know if it makes them feel powerful, or if it’s just a flagrant indulgence of sadism, but every PK group I’ve wandered into has been pretty open that their enjoyment is derived from the suffering of their targets (and any loot they get is a nice bonus at best).

Players who actually enjoy PvP for the challenge hang around the arena-type areas (such as where Crim and crew fought Silver Wing before).
I think it's perfectly fine to indulge that to some degree. Rpgs also do it with morality systems and multiple playthrough ways.

The bloodthirsty aspect makes pk zones appropriately dangerous.

The real issue is when it is done without a single shred of decency or standards, especially in coordination with others.

This would've been completely different if it were some dude leading a monster train to take out a group of noobs for lolz, maybe some tiny loot.

Very much this. Waaaay back in the day, some 20-ish years ago, I started playing Runescape with a friend at their recommendation. Back then, as I remember it (which could be flawed after so many years), Runescape had a dedicated PvP zone in the northern section of the map and it was the only place PvP was allowed.

Well, it also had valuable resources that tempted a newbie like me int venturing into it despite wanting absolutely nothing to do with PvP. I wasn't there for more than 5 minutes when some dude like 20-30 levels above me decided he wanted to come fight me solely because I was a lower level.

And in Runescape at the time, again as I remember it, if you died, you dropped everything where you were killed; I had a decent heap of resources I'd gathered on me, so I booked it to avoid getting killed and the dude kept on chasing me until he finally caught me and killed me anyway.
It's been too many years for me to remember old wilderness, but old school runescape is very similar.

There was absolutely no reason for that other than the whim of someone wanting to fuck with a newbie.
That is completely untrue by your own words:
Well, it also had valuable resources that tempted a newbie like me int venturing into it despite wanting absolutely nothing to do with PvP.

I had a decent heap of resources I'd gathered on me
That doesn't mean he was hunting you for the resources(it can be a nice bonus, a secondary reason). And there absolutely are people who love to fuck with newbies, especially by getting them to willingly cross into the wilderness. "hey, come over here with me and I will give you a free cape"(kills noob after luring him far enough)

The point of the PVP zone is to create a dangerous, chaotic place with valuable stuff.

It's not to have some super fair/competitive environment where people test their skills(though that aspect is at play).

He killed you, and in the process he risked getting killed by another person bigger than himself. He could've been attacked before finding someone like you.

A better analogy, is the modern issue the wilderness faces(bots and clan gangbangs). Using an example from a few years ago in Old School Runescape.

I was leveling a skill called slayer. To level it, you get tasked with killing a certain number of certain monsters in a region. I got the crappy task of killing 100 hellhounds in the wilderness. So I entered a cave, and started the long boring, unprofitable task at hand. Hellhounds are fairly tanks, deal decent damage, and drop complete crap. Literally just regular bones, you could get killing goblins outside of lumbridge. With a like 1/200 chance of dropping a item bag. Since using a bow and terrain to kite the hellhounds is most efficient, that's what I did.

While hunting hellhounds, I noticed a few people world hopping nearby, and didn't think nothing of it. Then some random guy returned, and immediately started attacking me. So I gtfo of there. I decide to return, this time with bare bones equipment, no armor, instead of the proper set I had before. To the point I offered no value to anyone who killed me. As an additional precaution, I also start running preemptively the second someone world hopping stays for more than a second. However once when fighting a hellhound, I hesitated and started getting instantly attacked. I ran as best I could, but was killed. Dude didn't get anything but bones.

I returned, swapped world's, and resumed my task. Sure enough same guy started attacking me for no reason. I tried to run, and also expressed my annoyance at being targeted as well as me offering nothing of value. Which was especially annoying, given that just a little farther away in the cave are actual people farming dragons and stuff that could be worth large amounts of money.

He didn't care and targeted me still.

That experience, was annoying to me. Because it wasted both of our time, particularly as I was doing a worthless task while intentionally having nothing of value. The guy killed me once and knew I had nothing of value. And I prepared enough to be able to get away most of the time.

I get wanting to kill people for fun and lolz. But like comeon, have a shred of superficial sympathy for someone doing a crappy task that is worth nothing, and not even giving any kind of reaction. I could understand if I begged or something, how it might entice continued action.

But that was just an annoyance. Not much different than your experience, other than I literally offered nothing by being killed, and I wasn't even a new/low level player.

What really gets annoying, is when you get pvp clans with a bunch of bots world hopping to find a victim, and then they all swap to that server and gangbang the person. When it can't even be a cat and mouse, or fight with one guy, but becomes an impossible situation where you have to fight dozens of people fully decked out.

Casting spells, that on each cast, cost dozens of what my inventory is worth. Burning through money to kill someone who doesn't give them anything of value.

I digress. Utlimately pvp zones need some people to act like turds to make them appropriately dangerous. But they suck when people abuse it to the highest level and have zero standards or limitations, and use exploits like bots to completely eliminate any reaction. I wouldn't care if people ran around worlds looking for people to kill. But when you have people using bots checking every single server to find victims, that sort of thing is dumb.

Dex-chan lover
[Yes, real life plays an important part in the plot but it'll take a long way for the manga to reach that point.]
Knew it. Smells like another WN I read a long time ago,
apotheosis of a demon bunny girl I believe was the title- I have a feeling it’s a similar situation

Also what the fuck is with the creepy shit in this comments section- I’m so disturbed

Dex-chan lover
Knew it. Smells like another WN I read a long time ago,
apotheosis of a demon bunny girl I believe was the title- I have a feeling it’s a similar situation

Also what the fuck is with the creepy shit in this comments section- I’m so disturbed
Creepiest comment section so far

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Huh? What happened to the whole situation with MC vs guild master? :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Huh? What happened to the whole situation with MC vs guild master? :huh:
Gotta love a cliffhanger, dont you think
But if you insist

[Dude barged in, demanded a duel, died without elaborating and left. The PK leader WILL die so don't worry about her (Her dying pose is hilarious though.]

N2O

Dex-chan lover
If you're talking about ppl using "loli" and "cunny" etc I wanna say that most nerds sort of more or less accept it as its a part of sexuality that came from growing up around 2D and developing attraction towards 2D characters of that specific archetype/art style. If you look at the works they're very rarely pedophilic in nature, and I'd imagine that for those that appear as pedophilic it's mostly for people who are attracted to "the forbidden" rather than actually feeling any sort of attraction towards real children. Take the vanilla stuck step-sister meme and just redirect+intensify to understand

Dex-chan lover
because same reason why people play with arsehole characteristics in games like in Telltale Games and Larian Studio' games.
Are you comparing playing a single player game as an evil character with being an arse to real people in multiplayer games? Because those two are widely different. Playing BG3 right now, as a Good Paladin, but next character will probably be an Evil wizard or something. For variety and seeing what it's like.

I actually sometimes enjoy just seeing that the devs clearly wanted you to do one thing and just doing another, because don't give me the option if you are too lazy to make it good.
Going against what the devs intend you to do can sometimes be much more interesting than walking along their railroad. In particular if it comes to actually walking, or more precisely parkour to places you're not meant to be.

Casting spells, that on each cast, cost dozens of what my inventory is worth. Burning through money to kill someone who doesn't give them anything of value.
At that point I just make them waste as much as possible then laugh at them for failing to accomplish anything of value. If they kill me while burning far more resources than what I lose, then it's my win. And I make them know that. Sometimes they don't care. Sometimes they give up, usually while trying to smack talk back.

Dex-chan lover
Are you comparing playing a single player game as an evil character with being an arse to real people in multiplayer games? Because those two are widely different.
Different? yes. Same intent? Definitely yes.

Let me just shift my example then. Just be that arsehat in a mario party game. Is it an arsehole attitude? Yes. Does that draw out a hilarious satisfaction? Definitely yes.

Dex-chan lover
Let me just shift my example then. Just be that arsehat in a mario party game. Is it an arsehole attitude? Yes. Does that draw out a hilarious satisfaction? Definitely yes.
If it affects other people negatively, it's not satisfying. That's only satisfying if they deserve it.

Dex-chan lover
If it affects other people negatively, it's not satisfying. That's only satisfying if they deserve it.
It's not satisfying to you.

I invade you, I kill you, a total stranger, I get paid. That's my satisfaction. If I don't kill you, I make sure you're hurting for Estus or whatever healing items for the boss fight and I get satisfaction from that as I black crystal out so you get no heal items from my corpse.

Especially if you're playing in Co-Op. :02:

But then, you respawn, then try again. You will eventually succeed, but the fact I caused you a moment of annoyance is enough to me. This isn't a SAO situation, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread