Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 36 - One Step Forward

Yeah, I'm a bit confused at how the system works. If they're in the prelims now, but the registration was over at the end of last chap, did they register beforehand anyway? Were they just down in the dumps because they were gonna have to enter the tourney as a 4-player team, and not because they weren't able to register without a fifth?

I mean it was clear they were gonna get into the tourney somehow, but this just seems kind of strange.

It's a bit unclear, but they did register with all 5 players on time. The "Oh, I'll just invite him" refers to Ryunosuke, the second to last panel likely is just occurring to some nameless mobs, and the final panel occurs later where they're down in the dumps from having to resort to recruiting Ryunosuke.

Freya - "We couldn't find our fifth..."
Ryunosuke - "Don't be rude! I'm your fifth!"

Dex-chan lover
It's a bit unclear, but they did register with all 5 players on time. The "Oh, I'll just invite him" refers to Ryunosuke, the second to last panel likely is just occurring to some nameless mobs, and the final panel occurs later where they're down in the dumps from having to resort to recruiting Ryunosuke.

Freya - "We couldn't find our fifth..."
Ryunosuke - "Don't be rude! I'm your fifth!"
I guess, but that still seems like an annoying fakeout on the manga's part, since the way it's presented at the time is that she's saying "oh, I'll just invite him~" to the gunner-shaped cloud, which is why she's told to "accept reality, we couldn't find our fifth" afterwards. Otherwise, "oh, I'll just invite [Ryunosuke]" followed by "accept reality, we couldn't find our fifth!" comes off as a bit weird since Crim would be in the process of inviting a fifth right then.

But either way, if she invited Ryunosuke on the bench, I don't know how they would've registered in time, since the "registration is closed" system announcement was going off seemingly at the same time (even if we saw it from the POV of some nameless mobs who were in the line), and there's no indication that those things aren't happening at the same time (like a flashback border or w/e).

Dex-chan lover
Annoying fake cliffhanger ending on the last chapter. Why bother having a page literally saying that they failed to enter only to do a 180 immediately after? Lame writing right there.
Stories do that all the time, it's extremely common for one chapter to end with "That's the last time they saw x" only to open the next chapter with something like "the next day, they bumped into x buying groceries. . ." It's a cheap cliffhanger ending that's easier to write than trying to figure out how to create actual suspense.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, no lag, no random dc, no toxic behavior, no rage quits, no hacking, no teams using the same exact meta strats (yet at least), and no bugs. The game devs’ wet dream I guess (and don’t say literally because the chars can have beaut side boobs :meguusmug: )

Group Leader
no toxic behavior
36.png

:smugnako:

Dex-chan lover
:huh: This chapter reminded me of that NPC boy in log horizon that Shiroe turned him into a player. I wonder if Cream can do something hax like that or at least turn them into his familiars.

Dex-chan lover
Haha, I guess that’s true.
I must have been overly exposed to this world of ugliness where people send very colorful and hateful messages before, during, and after the match, or just grief the match by manipulating their ranks or the match itself, that this felt somewhat trivial and didn’t register until you mentioned it. Oh real humans…. how terrible we are. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Does DUO have a level system? Is it only equipment and skill based?

Users who are viewing this thread