Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - If it cannot break out of …

...I wonder if that allusion to the trans metaphor of a trans person hatching into a chick was on purpose.
It's a reference to Utena. And there's also a reference to Lycoris Recoil in one of the mercenary's names, so there's a couple yuri references in this chapter :eek: I wonder what it means...

(Not to discount your interpretation, which is more apt given what's happened in the story already. Plus, like, Utena's not exactly an extremely cisgendered story either lol)

Dex-chan lover
1.Too realistic npcs
2.They can move and sense everything just like real life
3.The world is abit too big and we havent seen any restricted areas yet
4.The goddess was talking about them preparing themselves for something and the mark was at 0%
So my theory is that the game is actually another world thats about to merge with earth and the players will retain their characters afterward to fight against something, maybe a boss or hordes of monsters perhaps?
duo is cylcia=code confirmed????

Dex-chan lover
image.png

I'm guessing the gauge at the end here reads "Exceed Drive", whatever that is. The D's don't really match very well (and it's weird that the d's would have a capital+lowercase similarity but the e's have different ones), but seems like a good enough letter-matching fit.

Dex-chan lover
The other version I only read is the webnovel but were this tournament arc supposed to be this long?

image.png

I'm guessing the gauge at the end here reads "Exceed Drive", whatever that is. The D's don't really match very well (and it's weird that the d's would have a capital+lowercase similarity but the e's have different ones), but seems like a good enough letter-matching fit.

Yep. We've actually gotten almost the whole alphabet decoded from the other various signs and stuff.
Some signs are just English, while others are Romaji.

8rTWkKm.png

It's a reference to Utena. And there's also a reference to Lycoris Recoil in one of the mercenary's names, so there's a couple yuri references in this chapter :eek: I wonder what it means...

(Not to discount your interpretation, which is more apt given what's happened in the story already. Plus, like, Utena's not exactly an extremely cisgendered story either lol)
thought we where talking about the title, am i mistaken

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

It's not a reference.

That's just the next member's name actually.
You can even see her on the big opening page back in ch 1.

So this is more of 'if you know you know' or subtle foreshadow by the artist.
Kinda like how in Bookworm they give a full spread page to FerMyne during Baptism

I feel like she is already a vampire. We already know Crim mother is a vampire and she already said that Crim was her daughter at the beginning of the manga.

Vampires can transform and change their form and their gender it’s not new so it’s possible she(he?) just transform.

We also know something happened to Crim when she(he?) was young ( I don’t remember the chapter I think she bite someone) which traumatized her and make her hate blood.

Her transformation to a boy “Kou” could be a reaction to this accident and a way to protect her mental state and cope without remembering what’s happened at this moment and before.

Even back in ch 1 there's this moment:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/dbf58054-135f-4a03-820e-0a2c96f982c8/39
https://mangadex.org/chapter/dbf58054-135f-4a03-820e-0a2c96f982c8/40

The moment of Kou 'thinking' might actually be the "vampire" saying "Isn't that appearance just a visual glitch"
"original biometric"
"Distorted genetic data"

Dex-chan lover
Feels weird that they'd drop that hard. They'd have to meet enough top team who could still deal with them and not enough lesser teams they could beat anyway, or who didn't pay enough attention to forums.

Unique races are not gimmicky by nature. Gimmicky are gimmicky by nature.

Mercs for tournaments is a bit... And a lot of tournaments have restrictions on new members being allowed to join the competition once it's started.

"Should a player like me..."
You mean a player who's in a clan that does well in a tournament, and who's not a dead weight?

Actual game names. Even if they're prtially shined out.

Yeah, it's a bit cringey, but if you're having fun that's okay.

Users who are viewing this thread