Detective Conan - Ch. 1120 - The Stand-in

Dex-chan lover
wahahahaha it's hilarious! these crossovers made my day haha. it also throws some shades on character design and seiyuu which were cherries on top! thanks for translating!!

Banned
Sonoko: And then, and then --
Ran: (strangely, observing the thought balloons): Sonoko, I think maybe you've forgotten what kind of a manga this is.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shot, so that inspector who would try to rip off mask of grandpa Suzuki at first meeting to check for Kid wouldn't immediately walk forward mid sentence to check Kid for mask even if out of formality because "Shinichi" was the only one in the room where Kid was...come on.

Dex-chan lover
Sonoko and her daydreams about other people's love life...
Also, I absolutely love that this was pointed out by Conan, especially the way he said it.
6SVrD8H.png

It's a pretty entertaining Kaito Kid case at the very least.

Btw, I can't remember at all right now but was it ever shown at what point Kaido Kid had figured out Conan's identity?

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
It was most likely shown at the beginning they met each other coz Kid definitely knew that Conan wasn't a normal kid based on how he behaved & acted towards him, so that basically makes him able to know his identity but not completely so yeah thanks to his high IQ
Also, I absolutely love that this was pointed out by Conan, especially the way he said it.
6SVrD8H.png

Btw, I can't remember at all right now but was it ever shown at what point Kaido Kid had figured out Conan's identity

6SVrD8H.png

Btw, I can't remember at all right now but was it ever shown at what point Kaido Kid had figured out Conan's identity?
I think it was the case on the train where Kid had to save Shinichi, but he could've figured it out earlier.

6SVrD8H.png

Q3Q7R3j.jpg

Here's VIZ's translation. Pretty vague. Does anyone have the raw?

6SVrD8H.png

I dont know when in the series, but I remember the 3rd movie, last wizard of the century is when there're scenes shows kid observe, suspecting, then conclude that conan is shinichi. And as a gratitude for helping him, he disguised as shinichi for the first time.

Here's the raw:
S8zuHqQ.png

Pretty much word for word identical to Black Tea's translation. Conan says 'ore ni kao' = 'my face'. VIZ are hacks as usual.

wahahahaha it's hilarious! these crossovers made my day haha. it also throws some shades on character design and seiyuu which were cherries on top! thanks for translating!!
What crossover? It still the same conan universe, no outside character at all.
What seiyuu? This is not an audio manga
🤔😑🤯

Dex-chan lover
6SVrD8H.png

The Fairy's Lip case (1018-1021), which is the first manga case to have Kid being aware of Conan's identity, implies that (part of) Movie 3 is canon. So probably movie 3.
AguQJIe.png

VoD5NTr.png

The Fairy's Lip case (1018-1021), which is the first manga case to have Kid being aware of Conan's identity, implies that (part of) Movie 3 is canon. So probably movie 3.
AguQJIe.png

VoD5NTr.png
Definitely not in fairy lips nor any of chaps from 500 above 😒

Dex-chan lover
6SVrD8H.png

Third movie.

Dex-chan lover
Movie 3, 13 and 21 are considered cannon (Kid knowing Conan's identity in movie 3, the police meeting mentionned by Yamato and Yamamura in movie 13 and Momiji in movie 21).

Dex-chan lover
And now that I think about it, movie 18 could be considered as canon as well, since the Bell Tree Tower's opening was in movie 18.

Users who are viewing this thread