Detective Conan - Vol. 100 Ch. 1060 - The Show is About to Begin

My previous ranting aside, thank you Beika Street Irregulars for your translations! We are not worthy!

Honestly, I always went back to the chapter of the Mystery Train ( Bell express) just to see vermouth she is one of my top fav characters and i am like I need more vermouth and after seeing here i am screaming 🙂 inside🙂 and I went back to re-read the chapter and I laughed how she was like kind of flirting with the reporter and also when she called conan a jerk I was a little bit fooled thinking it was kaito kid ya know he acts charming and stuff like that and I think the big move is gonna be bomb also i cant wait to watch the anime version ( for this manga) which i think will really take a long time to post but ill be waiting here ya know hangin.

I love that the story is finally progressing again. I seriously wish that more people would find detective conan and appreciate the story because it's so bloody good. Can't wait for the next chapter thanks for translating.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, it was bound to happen that every now and then, among all those sob stories, someone kills for a petty reason, I'm more disappointed by how easy she went down. This chapter served for nothing else but to show BO again.

Dex-chan lover
Conan's father playing some 5D chess there but things seem to get really exciting again.

Wait so she's the one disguised as conans father? More importantly, why kid turned to the police???

Thank you beika street irregulars !
I guess we Will have like 50 chapters with side enigmas before the move come 😬
Let s wait ! ^^
Do you tu ink that vermouth did this under rum 's orders ?
She is bold enough to take the initiative in my own opinion.
Gin and vodka seems totaly out of it between x).

Double-page supporter
This bitch really killed them over a trick, the motives keep getting worse man.

But HOLY SHIT, the Black Org is finally back!!!! It's been so long, I can't wait for the next chap!!!

Aggregator gang
I can't wait to see where this will go! I love this series so much 😂 so many things left to be explored too. I honestly thought that was Kid didn't expect it to be Vermouth

Summary of the latest case

Events
[ol]1. Yukiko talking to Conan (Vermouth was eavesdropping on them)
2. They go home and discover Yusaku's body
3. Yukiko gets poisoned - Vermouth is outside the room
4. Vermouth takes over
5. TV Deduction (other person is probably watching)
6. Vermouth is exposed
7. Ploy revealed[/ol]
Deductions
a.) Vermouth revealed that she eavesdropped on Conan and Yukiko's conversation
[ul] - Vermouth knows that there is a discrepancy between the times between when Yusaku and Yukiko got poisoned, so you might think that Yukiko outplayed Vermouth, but actually no, she knows (more on this below)
- Vermouth has really good hearing, since she heard their conversation even from an alley away, and an old hag blocking the way (old hag suddenly vanished, but this is not Vermouth since she was wearing aTsutomu hat)[/ul]
b.) Some person aside from Vermouth is looking over the case on their phone
[ul] - This person is probably not Vermouth since Vermouth uses an iPhone. The person smiled after hearing that Yusaku will appear to solve the case. If the person was Rum, he would've had the idea to pull Vermouth over to investigate, so I'd say that the person is likely (but not certainly) to be Rum.[/ul]
[ul] - According to this pic,
2b3065482029b2f16663ad6ed0530721591ce366_hq.jpg

- Kuroda uses an iPhone, so he cannot be the person watching, regardless of whether or not he is Rum.

- Wakita's phone has the same body as the one used by the person, though the person used a white phone while Wakita has a black one.

- Rumi, on the other hand, has not been shown with a phone (she must be a boomer), though I doubt she doesn't have one. Both Wakita, Rumi, and the person are right handed, so it is currently unknown who is the person. I'd say 70% Wakita and 30% Rumi.[/ul]
c) Vermouth appeared in the case to investigate a certain person's intentions
[ul] - This certain person is not Conan because the wording is 'staying in Japan for some reason', since Conan is not 'staying', and Conan's intentions are clear to Vermouth long ago. It's not Akai either since Vermouth does not perceive him to be a threat :)
- It must be Yusaku then - Rum knows that Yusaku is 'staying' for quite a while (for good). Yusaku and Co. thought they outplayed Vermouth, but Karen is not impressed. She allowed them to live out of her free will and she doesn't give a fuck since the show's gonna begin anyway (and Bourbon's not in it)[/ul]
Interesting points of speculation
- Rum is suspicious of Yusaku's stay in Japan and ordered Vermouth to investigate. If Wakita were Rum, he would have been the person appearing with the most confirmed BO members (Bourbon and Vermouth). If he were Rum, it would appear that his strategy would be to come along with other BO members and test them to see if they were the moles. He would also take note of Vermouth's relationship with Conan.
- Unfortunately, around 80-90% of the fingers point to Wakita being Rum (which is not what I initially predicted) and it seems like Gosho is now rushing for the endgame so unless Gosho perfectly executes him being a red herring, I think this is somewhat the unofficial reveal of Rum's identity.

Bonus Deduction
- Vermouth arrived home after Yukiko and Conan, and the Kudo mansion has its own monitoring room, and any attempts by Vermouth to bug the house can be immediately spotted. Vermouth also was in a hurry to escape (she probably escaped through the back), so it is unlikely that she would bug the house.
Since Andre Camel proceeded on manually searching the house anyway, he must be officially dumb.

- Wakita's phone has the same body as the one used by the person, though the person used a white phone while Wakita has a black one.
No, the body is not the same, for example, the camera is very different between Wakita's phone and the phone of the shadow person in 1058.

- Rumi, on the other hand, has not been shown with a phone (she must be a boomer)
We have seen Wakasa's phone in Chapter 1052, it's shaded with two horizontal camera lenses, so it doesn't match the phone of the shadow person in 1058 either.
f2km6L3.png

Yusaku and Co. thought they outplayed Vermouth, but Karen is not impressed. She allowed them to live out of her free will and she doesn't give a fuck since the show's gonna begin anyway (and Bourbon's not in it)
There is no reason to assume that Vermouth wasn't fooled. She reported to Gin and Vodka exactly what Yusaku wanted: there is no threat coming from him.

If Wakita were Rum, he would have been the person appearing with the most confirmed BO members (Bourbon and Vermouth).
This sentence makes no sense.

the Kudo mansion has its own monitoring room
That was only a temporary room for one case though, it is highly doubtful they kept it.

Since Andre Camel proceeded on manually searching the house anyway, he must be officially dumb.
Jodie and the other unnamed FBI agent are doing the same, so no need to single out Camel this way.

Dex-chan lover
My biggest gripe with this series is the flawless disguise plot contrivance. Given these few characters (Mom, Kid, Vermouth) can disguise as not only anybody, voice and all. They can help disguise others like Akai to become Subaru. Then it becomes anyone can be anyone.

Also, with Daddy Yusaku in the game, hard to believe BO can stand a chance against the Mycroft himself. Based on how Gosho set these characters up, if there isn't another forced plot contrivance to keep Yusaku and Heiji's dad out of the picture, these two would run the world by now.

Double-page supporter
I completely agree with the others. I admit I miss Kid way too damn much that even though I was open it to be Vermouth, I just want Kid back in the story T_T it's been way too long and I... I need to see him so badly.
Kaito better actually repay his damn debts by teaming up with Conan :mad: Also we need to truly confirm from Kaito's mouth that he knows that Conan is Shinichi (also maybe vice versa) so they can actually team up to defeat the Organization with the other cast that's also doing it :mad:

@Serinox
There is no reason to assume that Vermouth wasn't fooled. She reported to Gin and Vodka exactly what Yusaku wanted: there is no threat coming from him.
I think @owenloveclaire was right in saying that Vermouth wasn't fooled, or at least that it's a significant possibility that she suspects it.

A possible timeline of the relevant events is:
[ul][li]ch1, 3 days before. Vermouth sees Yusaku thanking kid through her phone. It's basically her cover so if that's not her, she has seen is somewhere else.[/li][li]ch1, night before for dinner. Yusaku and Yukiko go the restaurant and get poisoned, supposedly.[/li][li]ch1, 'afterward' the dinner, Yusaku is ill, supposedly. I guess it was still in the previews day as they use 'afterword' but I don't know if due to the translation.[/li][li]ch1, at 0PM Yusaku is supposed to go to the MPD to uncover the case, but 'he fell ill before that'. This doesn't seem a natural way of phrasing it if he fell ill the day before, so I'd need to the original to make sure.[/li][li]ch1, at 2PM Vermouth sees them at the supermarket. We know it's her as she admit it to Conan when he thinks she is Kid, in ch2. Here Conan says that Yusaku is his dad.[/li][li]ch2, at ~4:30PM Vermouth arrives pretending to be Kid disguised as Yusaku. As per the time, surely it's between 2PM and 6PM. Additionally Conan didn't have time to explain to Vermouth, but Yukiko explained to him just fine, and they also had time to return home, see the dad and talk. From this is likely after 4PM. Not to mention that she arrives at sun set.[/li][li]ch2, at 6PM The crew arrives. Time stated in ch1[/li][li]ch2, between 6PM and 8PM. Vermouth points out that it's suspicious that Yukiko became ill when she was fine at 2PM.[/li][li]ch3, past 9PM. Revealed that both mum and dad are well, and were just faking it. Past 9 PM as it's when the next show starts, and the one they were filming ends.[/li][li]ch3, past 9PM. She reports that she went to investigate the intentions of Yusaku. I think she is speaking about Yusaku as he made a public statement about staying in Japan, he was the only one who said such a thing within the 3 chapters, and he is known to be good at solving crimes, which would be the reason why he would be a problem for the BO.[/li][li]ch3, past 9PM. She reported that he is vulnerable, but didn't kill him.[/li][/ul]Reasons:
[ul][li]A poison acting after a couple of hours on one person and after a day on another doesn't seem that likely, when Vermouth/BO is supposedly good at it.[/li][li]His mum becoming ill just before Vermouth arrives, conveniently leaving her together with Conan should be suspicious.[/li][li]Vermouth has reasons to deceive the BO, and there he already did it for someone related to Conan, so we can't trust that page. Lying about Conan's identity happens in this very case.[/li][li]Both in case they outsmarted her, and if she knew they were pretending, she would have reason to think she is smarter than Yusaku and that she can kill him.[/li][li]Vermouth dodged her own premise: she went to investigate his intention, but reported that he can be killed, not his intentions.[/li][/ul]So, it's likely that Vermouth knows/suspects that they were pretending, or at least it can't be ruled out.

A poison acting after a couple of hours on one person and after a day on another doesn't seem that likely, when Vermouth/BO is supposedly good at it.
Easily explained by Yukiko possibly eating less food than Yusaku, thus ingesting less poison and having a later reaction than him.

His mum becoming ill just before Vermouth arrives, conveniently leaving her together with Conan should be suspicious.
This is not something Vermouth can know. There are roughly three hourse and 50 minutes between the drugstore appearance and Vermouth showing up in disguise. Yukiko could've have fallen ill at any point during this time period.

Users who are viewing this thread