Devils' Line

Dex-chan lover
The art and story seems like a shoujo/josei rather than seinen.

Devil's line is published in a seinen manga anthology and that's why is considered seinen.

Group Leader
Hi there folks, just want to say that this manga got an official (edit: English) translation.
We do have a version on our own website (up to chapter 22) but I would strongly recommend getting the official version.
Also, if you could not upload our version here, that'd be great.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, people seem to have the wrong idea about the demographic labels to begin with. Something being in a seinen magazine honestly doesn't mean the content can't be more like what you usually see in a shoujo or josei one. There's actually even a seinen magazine that specifically runs content you'd expect from shoujo magazines as it's entire reason for being, and it has some pretty good stuff in it too. Treat the intended demographic as a basic guideline, but know that things can and will go off the beaten path as long as they were good enough for the editors to want to run it.

Group Leader
@janokins kind of hard to check out the official release when the official release skips chapters 2 through 52. It's a simulpub so apart from chapter 1 they don't keep more than a few chapters available.

Why aren’t any of these being uploaded in English? Other sites have it, so I know it’s out there.

Because it got licensed and the translations those websites have are from the official release.

This story became so boring at the middle. Had to skim through most of it. The ending felt inconclusive and I didn’t see any drastic development between the main two characters at the end and it’s such a disappointment honestly cause i always liked vampire love stories and this was just a messy hot pile of.. whatever, it’s my own fault for not giving up on it. Anyways, go read Tokyo Ghoul :D

Gracias por actualizar, I swear I thought that's the final but no, it has 14 volumes, so... I'm curious how this will end, hopefully with childrens lol

Contributor
@Blurrei That's a very piss-poor review. It sounds you didn't enjoy the story's "vampires are trying to coexist in a society that fears and hates them" aspect and only cared for the romance, which didn't have no development and concluded just fine.

@sofiyasenzaki The 14th volume is a collection of side-stories centering on various characters with some chapters taking place after the main story's ending.

There is a special one-shot sequel being released called "Devils' Line [wɔ́ːrn] -Warning-" that takes place 10 years later and possibly
Anzai and Tsukasa may have a son.

@calmbreez The romance was fine.

The ML and FL leads Anzai and Tsukasa got back together. Anzai got over most of his personal issues regarding his self-worth and fears for Tsukasa's safety and Tsukasa found a purpose in life which is to study Devils to help them be better accepted by society. The two still haven't screwed each other but they're working on it.

Came to the manga after watching the anime, thinking it was shockingly bad but wanting to see more of Johannes and the worldbuilding, and was very pleased to not be disappointed. I don't think it appeals to a particularly wide audience, but if you're willing to stick with it, the plot, lore, and characters all get very interesting. It's a pity the anime adaptation was so bad, because I really want to introduce Eza and Kanzaki to everyone I know, and that'd be way easier through an anime.

I realize no one's posted here in three and a half years, but I wanted there to be a record of this on the off chance someone goes through the same experience I did in the future! It's actually really good, isn't it?!

Users who are viewing this thread