Dimensional Mercenary

Got to say, this arc is just dragging on, don't get me wrong I like it but I feel like it's way too slow

Does anybody know the story behind the Aomori apple that he is referring to? I can find many references online about the prefecture, it's apples, and how highly sought after they are, but I'm not finding anything regarding a sales technique or hurricanes. I like in these cliff-hangers to try and come up with a solution with the pieces that the character has available to him, so if at all possible I'm wanting to know the anecdote before the next chapter comes out.

The only thing I can think of is him trying his hand at creating a specialized variety that he will then sell at exorbitant rates but that like a multi-year venture not something he can immediately cash on.

Other than that it was something cooked like apple pie or apple sauce or apple butter but it has me stumped with the aomori apple reference

he is planning to sell the technique of growing and harvesting apples probably. Aomori apples are called to be the best because of the care taken around them. or he may.....grow apples??

Dex-chan lover
@vaan,
i was also curious about this aomori apple stuff and stumbled upon this article, https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/japanese-apples

i believe this is the closest thing that explains it, basically a combjnation of selective breeding, branding, and marketing, it even says world war, pest and hurricane that almost destroy japan apple business.

I’m really liking this manhwa. I love how he has to solve his problems using his words and his brain more often than using violence and power.

He can't use the revolutionary ideas of his previous world like Guns & Gunpowder, So how can he use the Aomori apple.

@ettoile I dropped it. Don't know why but rather early in the story when they decided to increase his bad luck (or smth like that) even though he was told he has extremly bad luck, so he can clear dungeons without leveling up, I totally didn't like it. Up to that point the story hasn't really catched me that much and that kinda destroyed it for me

Have not read like 60 chapters , to bothered to do so when it is so boring. Anything new, or it is same like rest of the chapters?

Dex-chan lover
@Vogotok , depends, the style doesn't change that much after all those chapters. It's not so boring if you still enjoy the author's choice to focus on MC's interaction (like always been), but if you're looking for (a change into) full blown action, then nope.

@bakauguu , I also hate that part but for different reason. It was the point when there were so many interactions with his sister and the manhwa has more dark vibes at that time, I am more afraid that his +++bad luck will mess his family up further. Luckily his bad luck doesn't seem to carry that much weight on later chapters (or perhaps, there was an editorial change along with the art change on ch.30 that stops a darker development, or perhaps they're holding it up for later so they can mess up chul ho even further).
Who knows... but imo, this is pretty enjoyable now.

@kamishiniyari exactly.
That was also part of it. I don't want to read drama and shit like that, which is why I didn't wanna know how that misfortune affects his already shitty life, because those shitty guys want to make the most out of it. Especially if those guys aren't even (openly/properly) portrayed as being evil.

I only stumbled upon this one recently again and was wondering why I stopped reading it. Know I remember why though, because it was the exact same part.

Well maybe I'll get some motivation to continue some other time, know that I know there is no 'difference', probably because he will use the earned rewards, etc. to balance it out. But then again, now that I write this, I think that b*tch also said or planned that he would use his earned exp for that (or smth like that). Now I'm annoyed again, aargh.

Dex-chan lover
@Vogotok Agree. Struggled to finish the last arc and stopped reading the current one awhile back. 50+ chapters for one mission drags on way way too much for me but whatever floats your boat.

Fed-Kun's army
The meta world-building is a little all-over the place and uninteresting (a little like the Assassins Creed meta scifi story), but the missions are interesting, intense, and much more psychological and logical than your average manwhua / isekai where everything just falls in the MCs lap in their favor. Many times alternative reasoning and misplaced plans play out, which I enjoy.

Basically, if you're interested in an isekai where the MC thrives more on his wits than over-powered set of skills, this is one of the better ones I've read.

The amount of money and some events keep changing which irks me. My main issue with this story, and why I am dropping it, is because the MC "learns his lesson" and "grows" but then commits the same blunder 5 more times. Because he doesn't actually have any powers, the only thing he has going for him is intelligence... Intelligence that he doesn't actually have. A lot of this is plot armor or shallow thinking on behalf of the author. Started out good but the author hit a creative wall some time ago and it shows. Gotta put this one down.

Does the MC's effort actually change anything of the clients life or they're all just different possibilities which are lie because the event had been long finished?

Interesting concept but a REALLY long read. Not something you can just grind in a few days (unless you have nothing better to do all day).

@sombreno no, they're all basically reliving their life over and over again, because that's the price they paid for their wish, which is to see an alternate scenario in which things worked out. That's what MC gives them, a true ending that they couldn't forsee and just seeing it once gives them some essence of peace even if they have to continue the cycle eternally (or until the company no longer has use for them).

Users who are viewing this thread