Do Not Read Manga on Mangadex

Dex-chan lover
I remember years ago there was one manhwa, I can't remember the title, that didn't have an official English translation. The fan translation was good and the story enjoyable. Then some platform started to publish it with an official translation, and the fan translation ceased. However, the official one was god-awful with a truly ridiculous and terrible localisation. It was unreadable. I dropped the whole thing. Maybe you could call that a successful attempt by the original author to fight piracy, haha.

Contributor
Noooooo! The manga police came! Everyone scatter!

Dex-chan lover
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Also, not sure why.. but @woulez said it has been moved from the news forum... but I'm still seeing it as
Home / Discussion / News / Do Not Read Manga on Mangadex
dLlz9ZO_d.webp

I'm on mobile btw.

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
@ABCsOfLife it has been moved by @Holo... can't tell you why it looks like this but I see the same issue :x

VIP
This thread is already moved to general properly, so that is just a visual issue.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, some creators HAVE given permission, and this site only allows fan translations or original uploads of works that are not originally in English or available in English without creator permission.

Hell, one of my favorites, Suicide Boy, got endorsed by its creator.

Users who are viewing this thread