Do well structure Chinese Manhua even exist?

I've read quite a few chinese manhua and they all have interesting stories BUT they ALL move like a junkie overdosed on speed, ecstasy, heroine, and cocaine.

They never properly finish an arc and cover all their bases (on-going issues and situations, things to do, plot-holes, etc).
Instead they move on to the next arc as if those issues never existed in the first place like a junkie rushing to take the next dose.

Do well structured manhua even exist?
Ones that add a few break chapters in-between arcs to set things up, , finish it completely, and cover all the bases before moving on to the next one?
Or are they all like that?

P.S. It grinds my gears because my OCD kicks in whenever an issue or plot hole is never addressed and it kills me because I do find manhua interesting especially when its about cultivation and such.

P.P.S. I'm not asking for recommendations, I'm genuinely asking whether all manhua are like that because at this point I avoid all manhua even if it's interesting but if well structured manhua does exist then i'd be happy to keep on looking and trying until I find them.

Group Leader
@djlu09
I think they DO exist. But I'm not too sure. Demonic Emperor doesn't seem to have much problems. And you can try reading the LN of the manhuas. LNs are usually better, and are the "original". When converting to manhua, most authors cancel out some details, so that might be the problem you're facing.

That's actually a good point, I remember reading yao shen ji LN and never having any issues with lack of closure.....

Thanks for that, I've got a plan now....

Read manhua and use the LN to fill in the blanks.

@djlu09 I'm not a fan of manhua myself, but good ones DO exist. The older black-and-white stuff has a few I could think of - the most famous example might be Song of the Long March, but it's not like the newer webtoon-style ones are bad; those have good ones too. They just happen to be really hard to find, or sometimes they get cut in the middle (axed) because they weren't popular enough, like I Want to Be a Heroic Swordswoman. I suppose adaptations might have a higher probability of being rushed than originals though. Well, the point is, there IS some good stuff out there.

@djlu09 yes chinese mangas are pretty horrible compared to Japanese or korean ones and thats cause 99% of them are a bad version of material arts copied again, again and again
bad version cause the korean material arts stuff is 100 times better
another thing they always use the same annoying artstile

I have the exact same issue!!! There r sometimes grave differences between korean, chinese, and japanese comics but i can never tell what irked me about chinese manhwas specifically, ur words described my feelings perfectly LMFAO

Definitely, there are good ones, just like sifting through the tons and tons of trash manga for good ones, just spend some time looking and you'll find them. The meme that all manhua is the same is funny but wrong. Spend a bit more time looking and you'll find one you want.

This sums up my feelings about chinese manhuas very well. I used to try and read some, give em a chance but it's just so painful reading them even tho the premise sounds interesting. they just gloss over the plotholes and they make the hero/heroine as Gary Stu/Mary Sue in ways that is just so annoying (even tho there are many korean/japanese manhwa/manga that does the same, they somehow pulled it off well unlike the chinese manhuas).

As a result, now I don't even bother reading any Chinese titles. If I click a title and it's from China, i'm like NOPE and backed the page immediately.

Though I am curious if there are actually ANY good ones that I've passed over from stereotyping, so if you have any recommendations of a good chinese manhua that is way beyond its replicative peers, do mention me. I'm willing to give them another chance.

Group Leader
@djlu09
the pacing issues , the clichés , the plot holes , the generic story line are all problems caused by the publishers rather than the authors themselves
you see in china there are lot of releases each day , authors have to pump up their releases to even stay relevant
you might have noticed all the shitty manhua has faster releases like 2~3 chapters a week , some even go as far as to release 7 chapters a week
to release like this authors have to reduce the art quality , page length and even times they have to research on specific subject
chinese / korean authors have a much more leeway on the schedule some takes moths to release a chapter while other takes once a week approach
this gives them more time to research on particular thing they work on

but chinese have to do with what they have , like other manhuas with same plotline or even something on the top of the charts that other people like
so thats why you see the sudden plot changes and quality drop and more manhua getting axed

tl;dr -- "QUANTITY OVER QUALITY"

Users who are viewing this thread