Doctor Elise

Although I know where You can find the missing chapters 5-60
I don’t understand why the chapters are missing in the first place?? It’s such a big amount of chapters.

@Kittywhor3

that's because the chapters were originally moved and posted on bucci gangs website until it created too much of hassle with passwords and all that so they started uploading on mangadex again and to move 60 chapters to the website is wayy to much of a hassle because you can find those first 60 chapters on any other site too. hope that helped!

I just want to say I Hate Michael too! As much as he claims to love his brother, he only continues to enable his uncle and their shitty aristocratic family from always causing harm and pain to Prince Linden! This makes me so mad! I vote for Linden to continue with his original plan and purge all the aristocrats.

I just wanna say that im VERY bothered by the terrible mismatches in technological advancement vs the portrayed era (im guessing its 18th century), as seen in medical equipments (x-ray, electric lamp & equipments seen around operating theatres, EKG machine? Oh come on), not to mention very modern-looking hospital environment in the earlier chapters when the outward was so Victorian (idk if that's victorian but u know what i mean).

The war arc was not bad tho im still bothered, again, by the technological mismatches.

Aggregator gang
I'd be interested in seeing a flashback showing how she reflected on being the horrible person she was in her first life before deciding to become a surgeon. That was probably the most character growth in the whole series.

Fed-Kun's army
Dropped.
Props to those who still read & have a similar complaint as me.

I think the premise of the story was intriguing and the beginning showed a lot of promise but as the story goes on, that same intrigue and promise have disappeared. More and more, Elise feels like a Mary Sue that can do no wrong in any of the things she works on whether it's about politics, war, or being a doctor. All scenarios and obstacles she's thrown are bulldozed by Plot-armor. We like a bit of struggle, and though they do show this, it's also apparent that it's just for show. Elise isn't actually struggling because she's going to succeed in everything she does. There's not even a moment of failure in this reincarnation (I've read up to ch. 119).

As for the advanced technology present in the story, I don't have an issue with it. If my memory serves me right, I think they explain the advancement when she first studies to be a doctor. My entire complaint revolves around the MC. Much as I love Elise and Linden together, I can't get past how Elise is written. I came here to read about her journey as a doctor in another world and rewriting OG-Elise's life but there really hasn't been anything much of that and any struggle is booted out (thus far). Linden struggles though. Lol But it's not about him so... Anyway, the last straw for me were the chapters before 119.

I will probably return to this for the ending.

@roxanneayy if I could like your comment I definitely would. Perfectly describes why I dropped it, on top of how it felt like each arc would never end (hope it wasn’t just me who felt like the war arc felt like a year long...)

here is RAW chapters 123-137 https://newtoki92.com/webtoon/116842/%EC%99%B8%EA%B3%BC%EC%9D%98%EC%82%AC-%EC%97%98%EB%A6%AC%EC%A0%9C?toon=%EC%9D%BC%EB%B0%98%EC%9B%B9%ED%88%B0

the story itself has an interesting plot, but heck the author's knowledge about medicine is kinda... ahahaha it's pretty obvious that it's someone who didn't study medicine, but props to him for trying to learn about it (let's not even mention the fact that the author said they had EKGs and x-rays... and then never fcking use them in the entirety of the manhwa, nor the hospitals which on the inside shouldn't look nearly as modern).

and my god, fck all this shoujo drama BS (not to mention, had the prince existed IRL, he'd be considered a stalker/creepy tsundere dude, who just gets a free pass on his actions because he's the ML)

After the war arc, all my interest pretty much died out (even during the war arc, the prince's attitude just makes my head hurt). The best part about this manhwa, which was already pretty romanticized and exaggerated, was her career as a doctor. Doctor house is already a kind of dramatized medical show, but it still has some accurate info. This manhwa is like if someone watched doctor house, which is already dramatized, and even romanticized it more - sure some info is correct, but there's also a lot of fantasized things that wouldn't happen IRL... I loved the Cholera and John Snow reference though, that was a lovely arc

Anyway, somewhere along the story, it turns into your typical cliché shoujo manga with plot armor-like medical skills and tons of drama with multiple people who fall for her, because why not?, and a possessive ML that's borderline creepy

Users who are viewing this thread