Doctor Elise

@kensora I'm not sure why all the chapters aren't up here. I do know that it was a different group that translated the beginning chapters, though. They might just not want their work on MD. Not sure. You can find earlier chapters on another site or on TappyToon if you want to support the author.

@SaphireE90

I completely agree. She has her own strengths and weaknesses. She was evil in her first life but learned not to be and achieved great things in her second life.

She’s not Mary Sue, this isn’t even suppose to be considered a Mary Sue. It isn’t a reverse harem, she isn’t getting boys left and right like all the other reincarnation webtoon/manga. She was still scared of Linden when she first met him because he killed her. She’s a little naive and unprotected without a sword or magical powers.

Aggregator gang
Only big complaint besides the cliche stuff is the time line was a bit confusing to follow and I couldn't till how advanced society was till like half way through. It seems to be an early modernization era. Think WW1 time.

Just want to go ahead and say that I dropped this comic. The romance is cute, but the writing is lacking.

As said by a prior comment, the world building for this story is wonky. The authors are working on an assumption that the reader knows more than we actually know about this world. There are swords, guns, and also magic. Technology is also pretty advanced compared to your average eurofantasy land, but all this is not established until it comes up as a plot point.

I think a thing that really got me during reading this was how easily characters acquiesced and deferred to Elise as their superior. There are obstacles set up, but they really do feel shallow. The generation’s genius easily gives her credit and treats her as his superior. Her rival instantly becomes best friends with her despite getting the love interest over her. I would say that the view of humanity in this story is pretty optimistic. I feel as though this is contributing to the idea that Elise is a Mary Sue. In my opinion, as a character she is not. She is pretty grounded for a rebirth character actually. But the lack of resistance from other characters and the constant comparison to her 16 year old self compared to her 30-40? year old self isn’t helping much, haha

It’s likeable and entertaining but depending on how high your standards are, you might want to skip this one. If you’re not particular about those aspects, it is indeed a fun read.

considering that the world is so high tec with magic and all but only the medical field isnt??? like she used her experience and knowledge in her last doctor life but the world she lives in is pretty much modernized but the people think highly of her bcs she knows a lot how to heal and help people...i never realize that since the update was slow but reading this again, the plot is actually confusing the way they explain the two worlds/timeline.

Oh God! I hate how she is all about work! Nobody is like that. It seems so shallow. you might as well play Rihanna's "work work work...."

Dex-chan lover
@prettiepumpkin I know some who are that obsessed with work. She also still feels so incredibly guilty for the prior timeline that she also pushes herself that stupidly hard to make amends. Soooo

Looks like it's gonna be lonely 2 months . Thank u for the translations !😊

Users who are viewing this thread