Does NTR is really Necessary for Character Growth?

Seriously...Does NTR have to be included in a manga? I JUST FREAKING PUKED BECAUSE OF IT, Dude this is a No Joke...It's Affecting people...Yeah sure some of you will say "You're just weak hearted", Then i guess those guys are just "Abnormals".

Anyways, Does NTR is Necessary for Character Growth? For me it's not...yeah sure there's the idea of sstriving further due to the pain that the MC experienced and that will help him achieve more things but...What if the MC is a Dumb Coward? It will only Affect the readers...Is it really Necessary? There's a lot of ways for a Character to Grow...I got to remind you guys that this is my Opinion, You are free to reply in this Post and Start Discussion, Thank you.

If it's the only thing that makes you feel uncomfortable, than yes, it is necessary.

Stories are their to tell a story, sometimes good and sometimes bad. They are a reflection of life

Dex-chan lover
tumblr_n47bj4DNrZ1r8zm42o1_500.gifv

I remember my first run in with ntr. As a fellow who also abhors ntr here's some advice, do yourself a favor and look at the comments you might find living saints warning you of the dangers that lay ahead.

If the mc used the door it would no longer be ntr and just voyeurism. Which is completely fine

Dex-chan lover
No, they are probably there just for edginess or shock value, if any. You are simply not the target audience.

It´s not like Japanese are obsesed with NTR, they have just a different approach from western culture. Western movies are full of NTR but you are feeling it different way. Maybe it is because you can more identify with some characters or maybe you invest more emotions in manga stories. Manga is explicitly based on self identification with the MC.

Just for the example. When spiderman dies in Avengers and Iron man is down and bla bla bla.... This is western NTR. And I was like hmmm whatever
But when my first MC dies in anime I was devastated for days. It was 30+ episodes where MC and FMC were slowly getting together and after one episode when they were actually together she died during birth.

Sorry for Avengers spoiler

Group Leader
@wowfucktron
That Nepu gif is a perfect shit to describe me when i read NTR.Why's that Nepu gif reminds me of Yukari, @Richman? She's cutie, smart, but crippling depression.

damn i love it.👏

I am not fond of NTR either, but it is story element like any other, if it has a reason to be in a story, then I'll generally just skim through that part....

@Dawebuzz
Am I missing something? Nothing you described has anything to do with NTR ...

@Greenfrost
Netorare - MC (or the one providing the pov) having his romantic partner/interest stolen, very often right before his eyes
Nettori - the same thing except the MC does the stealing

@deSolAxe

Dude... NTR is not just cheating or something like that...

NTR stands for netorare. Basically it involves emotional hurting the significant other and with this also the audience.

Edit: Nothing personal but I think you are reading/watching too much H, where NTR is exactly and exclusively how you describe it.

Dex-chan lover
Netorare - MC (or the one providing the pov) having his romantic partner/interest stolen, very often right before his eyes
Nettori - the same thing except the MC does the stealing
Yo you forgot one.

Oh. Is that a reason to get physically sick over?
Not really but when your wholly unprepared for it it does fuck you up. I personally was down in the shits for 3 days after my first encounter. I just couldnt stop thinking about it man for 10 mins its was a pure vanilla then the old men came.

Personally, I fucking despise NTR but it can build up "some" story. most of the time it's shit and doesn't really need to be there other than give someone a reason to do something EX: revenge story. it's pretty damn tough if you see it in an unexpected fashion tho.

@Dawebuzz
netorare (寝取られ) is literally "to take (away) by sleeping"
... yes, it is about betrayal, but frankly it is sex slang...
using it in general way as "being emotionally hurt/betrayed" is your choice, but this discussion seems to be specifically about the sex kind...

@sterven
Took me a while to recall netorase...

@Greenfrost
People have different tolerance to things.
It is like gore, I am pretty much imune to it, but know people who can't handle even the sight of blood...

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@pandascepter
Why did you summon me to this cursed thread?

Anyway, the answer is fluff:
8E6E8047D0A19A5850FF0B868651D195B6EFC1CA

(Though Nep is not as fluffy as Yukari)

Btw, NTR ≠ betrayal.
NTR also includes the explicit shaming of the betrayed.

I think it's fine if it's used to give the MC more reasons for revenge.
Just another story writing tool.

But it has a stronger effect on someone who's in a love relation.
Since they tend to empathise more with the cuckholder.

Users who are viewing this thread