Doki Fansubs

Double-page supporter
I think raagnorok said it all. First season is great because the scope of the story is focused on a handful of characters to whom we get attached. Second season is already a lot worse because of the sheer amount of groups we have to follow and sadly, most of the new characters are completly uninspired. I barely read season 3 because i already struggled to finish season 2, still since the quality of the story kept running downhill, there's no reason to assume it's going to get better. I simply cant get invested in characters i dont care about at all. The author failed to keep the quality up when the story went from a smaller scale to the huge scale it stands at now.

The universe in this manga is amazing. And the art has really improved since the first chapters. But the story has devolved into a sea of poorly written character, uninteresting stories and overused tropes.

It went from an 8/10 to a 4/10. Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens too often in shonens. The author are great at creating a universe, lovable characters and so and so on, but they simply fail to keep the story at a decent level when the scale of the world is getting bigger and bigger.
That's the difference between Berserk for instance, and ToG.

@Shlomosuke Season one wasn't that good, the story wasn't that great the only big good thing that happened was Rachels betrayal, the rest felt like a chore.
Season 2 was kino, apart from the hell train that took too long the rest was good.
Season 3 has just been people shooting lasers at each other.

i enjoyed the second season i like the first season more since its short and its easy to follow since there are only like 6 important characters there and in the second and third one jesus christ the amount of characters make it hard to follow the story also why tf was the second season like 2 times longer than season 1 to this day that always confuses me.

i couldve said this in the webtoon website but i didnt because my account got banned like i cant comment anything there.

For those wondering, yeah this site is not as old as some of the others like this, so when it was set up ToG was the hottest trending manga at the time. It follows that it was the one people were most eager to get online back then.

@KochengOren that explains huh. The anime is over-portraying his emotions towards Rachel.
in s3, he underwent some personalities changed... to the point he even wished to kill her. The original webtoon version is much, MUCH better than the anime one.
I really dislike those who makes some ridiculous claims based on the anime, without even checking the webtoon or at least the fandom wikia :)

what happened to all the chapters from 3 years ago to today? only the older ones prior to the hell train are here.

for all of you wondering where to read after this get thewebtoon app (official app/site) to read this has all the chapters so far so enjoy

@ZanaduKhan i think bam become op is good since his been really weak and slowly learning his power before s3, and he still not that op he still cant beat a high ranker which is what the antagonist mostly is, and the khun family never say that their speciality is electricity cmiiw but theres not that many khun family that show their fighting skills with electricity in thi series

@Raagnorok the storytelling is really good imo, we learnt the story of the tower piece by piece with many character telling a diffrent part of the story, and its kinda put us in the postition of the mc, whose just a clueless boy that doesnt know knowanything about the tower

@ranara25

I don't think you understand lol

he's going toe to toe against one of the strongest rankers in the tower who is even stronger than his teacher. Yes bam isn't able to beat him (yet) but the problem is that literally most every ranker is weaker than him now and all of his friends can't beat rankers so it means that his power has crept up so far that he overshadows every other characters

the khun family never say that their speciality is electricity cmiiw but theres not that many khun family that show their fighting skills with electricity in thi series

I never said that, the copy of the founder said that their specialty is ICE. Here's the problem with that, literally every member of the khun family that we've seen actually fight has used electricity

The two copy Khun family members that see in the copy world try to hold back the real king Jahad by using electricity even though by the manhwa's own logic, they should be using ice

IIRC we don't even get to see Khun aguero use his new powers before Bam gets his new upgrade lol

Users who are viewing this thread