Doll-Kara - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

So much sexist crap in a single chapter. Kinda want to drop this now. Will read the next few chapters, but I'm not hopeful...

Dex-chan lover
Well the way he fell is very likely, watched enough action movies where it always happens lol

I've worked with those Kevlar gloves, they're the real deal.

@anotherone
Sexis crap? literally where? if youre talking about running away or avoiding a fight entirely that rule goes for both men and women, street fights go badly for all involved because in the street there are no rules or referees to stop the fight, all matial artists/self defense teachers teach their students to avoid a fight first but if a fight is inevitable to be prepared for it, thats fucking common sense especially if youve been in an actual fight before

sure it couldve been worded a little better but the manga is literally about female martial artists kicking older and much larger guys asses which is a fucking fantasy itself, if you cant suspend your disbelief for a few minutes and you wanna get butthurt about something retarded like this fine

shit i should take my own advice, im getting butthurt and typing this rant

Aggregator gang
@anotherone
Unless you've lived on the goddamned streets since you were a infant actually standing your ground and fighting is going end horribly for you, if a fucker with a knife comes at you just run, it's the sane option on how to deal with that situation. If that offends you you're free to go and pick a fight with some random dude on the street, see how it goes.

@bigharrymoosecock

"Don't wear revealing clothes" is the main offender for me here. This phrase is (amongst many others) part of a common way of thinking that put the fault on women, even without meaning to. I don't really see how my message was butthurt, but well, take it as you want. I'm not even asking other people to be angry or what, just stating that I, myself and me envision dropping this manga. I don't really see how it can trigger you or others, it's not like me reading or non will change your life, right?

@Muklas Never said otherwise did I? And I've been in the two situations you evoke (not like it changes anything, but well). (Edit: not the living in the street part of course, just to be perfectly clear.)

jmbaKsC.jpg

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@anotherone
Unfortunately Japan is very conservative and women have a stricter dress code. I remember reading somewhere for example it’s not ok for women to show cleavage at all let alone have a low collar shirt. That’s why in manga targeted towards men sometimes have women showing cleavage more often than not getting called sluts, bitches, etc. Though pants could be as short as you’d want. Among other things like how women dressed “innocent” or “pure” whatever that means have a much higher chance of getting molested in trains, whereas women that dressed in other styles (not necessarily revealing) wouldn’t get molested. Since Japanese men aren’t so daring to mess with women that would actually retaliate.

Kind of why you could see “gals” in manga as being easy for their style alone.
So though it might be sexist for much of the world, in Japan it might be considered a valid rule unfortunately.

@anotherone
Dude, you are so annoying.

Those people in positions of power who say it's the victim's fault? They're using plausible ACTUAL GOOD ADVICE and covering for someone or their own ass.

Telling people to not draw attention by wearing flashy clothing like revealing clothing is STANDARD procedure. It's basic advice handed out to tourists and the general public to tell people to not stand out in unfamiliar or dangerous territory where criminals such as pickpockets work.

Fed-Kun's army
@anotherone
>Don't wear revealing clothes" is the main offender for me here. This phrase is (amongst many others) part of a common way of thinking that put the fault on women, even without meaning to.
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u6.jpg

u ever hear about "preventive measures"?

The knife was probably dropped by a "random" bystander looking to cause trouble for the idol girl, and neither of the two fans were involved.
@Twi
>I remember reading somewhere for example it’s not ok for women to show cleavage at all let alone have a low collar shirt.
That one's different standards for what's revealing and what's not. In Asia, showcasing the bust is sluttier than in the West but it's also considered less transgressive to show a lot of thigh.

Group Leader
thanks for the chapter.

To the dude crying below:
Clothing has a lot to do with with being mugged or not. Even for men. Just like how wearing camo shit makes you look tougher, baggy clothing can camouflage lack of muscles, there's also the chance of hiding weapons inside your clothes.
In the case of women, wearing revealing clothes is also mixed with high heels, I'd say that would fuck you up if you were trying to fight or even flee.
The sad reality is that sure women should be able to prance around naked (I doubt any man would deny that unless the woman is ugly as fuck) without being attacked but there are always sick people who can't control their urges and would lunge at them. The dude is telling women about PREVENTION, the less exposure you get the less you risk yourself to be attacked by those kind of people. Common sense, it's so stupid to cry over being given some handy advice.

Supporter
@twi i've lived in Japan and can tell you that outside of the work environment there isn't really a dress code. and those places that don't even let women wear a low collar shirt also require men to be in a suit and tie. clevage is kinda rare in Japan but that is more because their boob size tends to be on the small size on average.

"Among other things like how women dressed “innocent” or “pure” whatever that means have a much higher chance of getting molested in trains, whereas women that dressed in other styles (not necessarily revealing) wouldn’t get molested."
would like to get your source for this as i've never heard of anyone saying this... also there is this thing called "women only cars" for the rush times certain cars on the trains become "women only" to help prevent molestation. just like "don't dress like a slut" is a preventive measure "use the women only cars during the rush hours" is also a preventive measure.

@anotherone
telling a woman "don't dress like a slut" isn't blaming the woman for getting assaulted, it is still the assaulter's fault. just like it is reasonable to suggest that you shouldn't walk down dark alleyways with $100 bills hanging from your pockets.

Dex-chan lover
This CEO is such a player.

and lul @anotherone
I guess you also avoid shoujo mangas as the male characters often get to be on the sadist side. ?

Users who are viewing this thread