Don’t Provoke the Contract Wife

Thank you to those who provided info on this novel. I've had my fill of crappy storylines like these. Peace!

Too dramatic with too little drama.
Meaning, they put the drama but there's no substance in plot lacking the background and future foreshadowing .
It leaves too many gaps toward the story but easy to fill in because it's overly cliche.
if you want to read a manhau where FL suffers pointlessly this is it.
Props to the translators, though.

Umhm... Nope... Definitely not my cup of tea. The ML is selfish and just plain childish and the FL, I seriously donno what's wrong with her brain. The plot just goes with the wind. It doesn't have a good storyline or a strong background. It's just a loop of some weird cliché drama which literally irritates people. I would never recommend this.

I haven't read this one but i have read the description... My goodness😲 almost all of the chinese comics in romance have fake contract or substitute wives... And then my brain answer my question... It says that : "what would you expect in china? That country is best at imitating and faking things are!" And then me: 😨 "omg! You're right brain!"

This is me... Where me and my brain got seperated and having conversation with ourselves in our own dimenstion....

I read some of the comments so, nope im not gonna read this one🙅. Both the ml and the mc sucks👎! (Base on the comment sections and i hate those type of characters the most.) So.... Buh-bye 😉 tra-lala 😘

There's also an upsetting amount of arranged marriages in China. Not like the olden days when you didn't meet your partner until the wedding, but lots of parents setting things up and picking dates for their kids.

"They're a doctor/lawyer/engineer and went to university in the U.S. they will be a good catch you should think about marrying them. They play piano and violin and won competitions in high school, look at these pictures aren't they so good looking? Your kids will be beautiful and I looked at their parents pictures, they have good genes" and such.

Kinda gross if you think about it.

For all of you reading manga and thinking this is how it is in the real world.... Stop being dumb. Yes there are arrange marriage. But I'm pretty sure they aren't how they are in these dumb ass manga.

Chinese novels like these mostly start with rape of FL by ML, then pregnancy, breakup of previous FL relationship, meeting with ML, falling in love amidst various stupid drama. Or, with a contract marriage and falling in love amidst various stupid drama.

I am already infuriated within 5 chapters into the manga. The FL got hurt because of ML and yet she still harbors feelings for him?! OMG, and he cheats right in front of her, and then wanted to sleep together and then he dare says he likes her?! This is fcked up man.

@darknesstouch09 Why is that gross? Even if parents have nothing to do with the process, people almost always marry within their social class all over the world. People marry for benefit. Whether in America, China or Nigeria. The fact that Chinese/many Asian cultures care about extended family harmony is why it matters to involve the family in the process. It doesn't mean they don't care about love or that they force their children necessarily. Idk if you're Chinese or not but I think you're wrong to harshly judge any culture for things all humanity does.

Its a good read until chapter 20. Everything just falls 😔🤦‍♀️ Also, maybe its the translator's fault or the actual manga itself....im confuse ,1st she is a manager of jewelry ( i assume since the company is named like that) next thing she is the director of skin product then back again as the manager of jewelry. Or am i missing something here?!?

I didn't mind the drama around the contract relationship, because it feels natural. I mean just because they've been together for 2 years doesn't mean they will be at the point where they can open up. Especially in regards to the FL
because from what I have come to understand is ML still obsessed with his 1st love and likes to fool around indiscriminately

however the constant stream it over rivals got old real quick. In 60 chapters I think I can count 7 rivals so far...

This story is horrible. The storyline has potential to be good and interesting but the way it’s written just jerks you around to the point where you can’t get invested in the characters’ emotions because it goes so fast. The ML is also an a**hole and his toxicity is played off as romantic. I don’t recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread