Doppel-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - I Want To Confess While Watching The Fireworks With You

Group Leader
legoghs teamed up with me to do the proofreading for this one. Go check out their translation of Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai, too! If you like this manga you'll very likely enjoy that one too. 😃

Dex-chan lover
I'm certain the thought of pushing Sakamoto over the edge crossed Doppel and Hitori's minds at least once at the start

Dex-chan lover
Hattori knew it was the right place for a confession, but it wasn't the time yet for Yamamoto and her to be a couple. Doppel-san couldn't do anything about it, because this is something her true self should do.

Sakurama was a good wing woman there, but they couldn't cross the finish line just yet. They're inching closer though!

Dex-chan lover
damn, give it a bit more time hattori... you can do this!!!

props to sakurama too for being able to catch the situation and help the relationship grow a step forward between them. otherwise hattori probably would've been frustrated with herself for being unable to follow through with the confession. good chapter

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me, or has the art style been significantly different in the last couple of chapters?
Maybe it's just bc it's been a while since I read it, but I feel like the characters' eyes and expressions are a lot... wonkier? Cartoonish? I don't know, but it feels like something changed.

Group Leader
Is it just me, or has the art style been significantly different in the last couple of chapters?
Maybe it's just bc it's been a while since I read it, but I feel like the characters' eyes and expressions are a lot... wonkier? Cartoonish? I don't know, but it feels like something changed.
Well, the author applies two styles, and I feel the "sloppy" style is applied very deliberately to give off a bit more of a silly vibe. There are other manga that do this, for example Isekai Oji-san where I absolutely love when it goes from an extremely detailed drawing in one panel to just a sloppy mess in the very next one.

But probably in this case it's also a technique for the mangaka to meet his deadline, lol.

Group Leader
Anyway, status update:

I've been translating chapter 12 after taking a bit of a break/having been a little busy with other stuff. But oof, what a challenge this chapter is turning out to be this time. There's a lot of text and a bunch of phrases I'd never even heard of before. I'll get it out, but it'll take a while longer.

Good news for volume 3 at least: once we get to chapter 15 all of the chapters will be shorter so releases will become more consistent again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread