Dormant Desires - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
@Chisako

MC finds dreamwoman looking at some sort of file on the MC on the computer one night and confronts her, dreamwoman infodumps, and it turns out the MC is unknowingly part of some kind of illicit human experiment conducted by the dreamwoman and the company she works for. There's a device of some sort implanted in the neck of the MC. (It's purpose isn't 100% clear to me, since I can't read Chinese, but it seems to make her more aggressive or something? IDK)

So the MC later removes the device from her neck and goes back to dreamwomans apartment to confront her again, and the MC ends up tying her up and rapes her before leaving. (Although tbh the MC didn't seem entirely happy about this afterwards.)

On the way home MC stops at a bar, where she meets dreamwoman's teacher who gives the MC a file, that presumably is on another test subject. The MC then visits this person at a public hospital and he looks like a complete wreck.

Dreamwoman's childhood friend, who's also the company president, visits her apartment and finds out that she's been raped by the MC, so she has her bodyguards ambush the MC and beat the shit out of her.
(end of chapter 27)

There's some more stuff in there, like the MC showing the (previously) implanted device to someone who I presume is the police chief, but it doesn't seem all that important: everything is still awful.

@marianolinx
damn thats entirely unexpected o_O especially how this started, i didn't think they'd all end up being terrible people. what a strange plot...

Thanks though! now i know xD maybe ill drop it

Bilingual lurker incoming, because some details were missed out from the spoilers some people were posting here and it honestly made the manhwa sound like a complete crapfest lol

There's a device of some sort implanted in the neck of the MC. (It's purpose isn't 100% clear to me, since I can't read Chinese, but it seems to make her more aggressive or something? IDK)

The experiment involves changing people's personalities. The company chose people with a certain positive personality type, and unfortunately MC qualified. The test subjects were assigned to have their personalities changed and become the opposite version of themselves. For MC, she was to change from an upholder of justice into a psychopath, and Xiao Man was assigned to work on changing MC. I forgot the exact reason why, but halfway through Xiao Man did not want to continue changing MC. However, she was having difficulties undoing what she already did.

When all seemed hopeless, she found out about MC's masochism which, when satisfied, worked in curbing and sealing the psychopathic side. The transmitter was used to link Xiao Man to MC, because they aren't keeping MC locked up in the company for those experiments lol. Xiao Man used that connection to continue slapping MC's ass, until the transmitter stopped working a year before their meeting. Despite the transmitter malfunctioning though, MC continued to dream of Xiao Man thanks to her own subconscious. It was from her imagination this time.

The dark MC readers here would see merging back into MC? That's the artificial psychopathic character who broke loose, and you can tell that MC was immediately struggling to control the negative impulsions. The rape? MC lost control, that's it. She's aware of it all, but all too pissed to care and took it too far (like a psychopath). The MC isn't too happy after the fact because she herself isn't a complete psychopath; Rather, she just wanted vengeance for what seemed like Xiao Man satisfying herself by approaching and using MC. Vengeance isn't satisfying of course, not when MC was a good person at heart. Conveniently she regained her senses after she got beaten up and felt physical pain.

The old man is Xiao Man's teacher, who revealed everything about what Xiao Man did to MC and how Xiao Man was actually trying to save her from becoming like the other test subjects, most of whom had committed suicide and that last one we saw going insane.

The police office investigated the transmitter MC gave, and found out that it's by the huge ass company Xiao Man is from. No records about it since that's where the sun doesn't shine. He warns MC about investigating the company.

Despite the rape, Xiao Man still wishes to save her. Obviously MC doesn't trust her completely, but she decided to trust her somewhat after doing her own investigations because she dreamt that the psychopathy would eventually consume her.

Then Xiao Man's first real life BDSM experience took place ^q^

Honestly I'm just here and on Pixiv perving out to MC and Xiao Man, but the other spoilers rubbed me off in a wrong way. Not gonna force anyone to like the manhwa, but at least get the full story right

@Misotoro

Thanks for the clarifications mate.
It doesn't really alleviate any of my complaints (which seem to have been almost 100% correct), but I guess it might be worth reading for Xiao Man and MC's struggle to fix shit?

Anyway, my review may have been somewhat unfair; but I just can't stand this grimdark / illicit human experiments / conspiracy stuff, it really rubs me the wrong way, especially when the description / tags makes no note of it; which was the main reason I was so critical of it. Art is p. good and story is decent if you don't mind it.

@qwerty458

That's fair. I understand getting really annoyed from the negative, complicated and sometimes immoral stuff since I'm the same with my mum's k-dramas. I'd probably would have reacted the same with other untagged stories. It'll be nice if the story manages to achieve something touching eventually (pun unintended 😏)

I honestly haven't checked on the author for a few months, maybe last year even. Iirc they took at least a week or three to upload something new. Last I checked the latest upload was an extra that was unrelated to the main story but deliciously hot nonetheless.

@Grumpah

A few weeks ago I heard from a friend that N4tsuyu hasn't been updating their site with new translations, so no idea whether Addictive or any of their other projects will get updated soon. You could try checking out their website by googling their name

Group Leader
@Misotoro @qwerty458

Hi everyone, i don't a english speaker, my idiom is spanish (excuse me if my english is regular...). I have completed the translated of Addictive (the manhua it's over already) in spanish since some days with all the extras (you can find it in Manga.in, search it in Google, but is a website in pure spanish...). My name is Nataly_manga. During my translation, I see that the page of N4suyu of Addictive is "broken" or something similar... I see that when I wanted doing the translation of the english to spanish (with her credits, of course, I am not a b*tch), but how the page is lying down, I search other thing for translation... The note of ilicit human experiment doesn't exist in the spanish version too, so... Mm... I suppose that your don't know some spanish, no? Is a idiom also difficult, but I can offerer spoilers if the translation follow sttoped... I'm sorry, I just want say about the page of N4tsuru, because this sucess scared me, because I thought it was for copyright or something u_u

I know, however, that N4tsuyu have the permission of Bing Zi, so I don't know what happened exactly...

Most in my community, the spanish, love or like this manhua, the story is decent and light to read, removing of the way the shady things, this thing of the ilicit human and other shady things make of the manhua some original, different of the rest and Bing is updated in her form of draw during the manhua, hopefully your manhua in english finished too... I can't tranlate this manhua to english, because is the tranlation of N4tsuyu... Sorry, I don't want remove her place, and just can offerer spoilers...

@Nataly_manga

The last English chapter on MangaDex mentions the illicit human experiments, but the details are in later chapters that aren't translated. It's the chapter where Xiao Man talked about how Luo Yi was chosen to be experimented on. I've summarised some of it in an earlier comment on this page which I marked as spoiler :)

I can read mandarin so I could actually translate, but for personal reasons I rather not. Also don't wanna snipe N4tsuyu especially if they have Bing Zi's permission anyway. Maybe I should look at the author's pixiv again one day, just to see the updates

Edit: I don't know any Spanish, sorry :(

Group Leader
@Misotoro

Uh... I confess that I dont talk to Bing about my translation, because the translation originalment has uploaded in a website that maybe she not can see it, for the interface of security of the page for some countries (that is updapted recenlty for the constant problem of the copyright), and because, in my judment, can't be any problem, if Bing put her manhua in public...

If you can read the manhua, I recommend read it, is complete. And do not apologize, I confess, too, that the spanish is an idiom more difficult than chinese xD (the spanish in west for the lexicon and chinese in east for the symbols...)

I see you spoiler much more before that I was create my scanlation xD

N4tsuyu is a good tranlater, have her website for contribute the autors of manhua too, I hope that she come back, what happens is that there are personal things to do in the real life...

Dex-chan lover
wait so uuuh is there gonna be more translations?
also @Nataly_manga where did you get the raws?
or where can I find your translations of the series?

Group Leader
@AgentKuga

Yes, there are raws, but there is a new problem (well, i dont now if is a problem)... There is already an official translation in Tapas, and maybe the translations english unoficially it will stop for that (well x2, is stopped since much time...). For see the chapters, you must pay (but you can see advertisements to get credits). My version, the spanish, still not licencied for spanish, but I don't know what will happen to my version unofficial.

https://www.pixiv.net/user/213693/series/33278 Here where I get the raws since 3 months ago

The title is different, is "Dormant Desires". Well... Is... Similar the meanings of the two words, I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread