Dorohedoro - Vol. 23 Ch. 167 - Farewell,All Stars

Double-page supporter
The end of an era.

@monstergelo: Dorohedoro has been described before as a very cheerful song with really dark lyrics. I wouldn't say it really has coherent themes per se, but it's self-consistent with its ideas - how being kind or being cruel are decisions, not something people are born with; how those with power will always try to get more without really caring who they hurt in doing so; and how nobody is truly a bad person, they just have their own goals and interests.

Dex-chan lover
I‘d say this manga was much like Yotsuba, actually. I know, strange comparison, but if you think about it, both follow the everyday lives of certain characters and portray them in a rather endearing and also weird way. Dorohedoro is like the gore-version of Yotsuba.

I don‘t think the overall storyarc was strong in Dorohedoro. In fact, it was pretty confusing most of the time, especially if you don‘t binge all chapters.
The strong points of Dorohedoro are its characters with their interaction, and the artwork.
Every manga fan should at least read a couple of chapters. It‘s too unique to not read it.

What a happy-go-lucky gorefest, I followed this series since I dont remember when. 10/10 would re-read it for the fourth time again.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe it's over. I started reading this over half my life ago. That's insane.

so long, you absolutely legendary series. what a god damn blast it was.

I hope against hope that the anime doesn't fuck it up, but it probably will. Dorohedoro's artstyle is so goddamn filthy I can't imagine an anime without a movie level budget capturing it accurately.

@MangaField I definitely think it benefits from being binge read. I started reading as the story had everyone enter the department store and was surprised at how well most things had tied into one another by that point. Having also experienced the months between chapters and all of the breaks, and that early announcement that it was going to end a couple of years ago, i can see how some might be confused about the direction of the story though.

Anyway, it's been a fun ride. Never expected such a wholesome story about friendship and family when i was flicking through those first pages.
also RIP Natsuki

I really liked this ending. It was short and sweet and good, and I don't think anything else needed to be said. I'm really glad I got to follow Dorehedoro on this journey!

Dex-chan lover
@emmypacer

Probably true. I have to read the whole manga again when I have time.
But I still think the characters+interactions are the real selling point of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Never thought I'd see the day, but yet here we are.
It was a pretty good trip to here, none the less.

Power Uploader
oh fuck. i've been following this manga for a decade, feels like saying goodbye to an old friend

Users who are viewing this thread