Dorohedoro

Rereading it again after so many years, I'm glad that cgiime brought new people. But it's funny I've got only 2 favourite mangas this and Berserk and both of them have dogshit animation and any other adaptations (not counting 90s Berserk).

Good series but sketchy art and Pointless fan service pulls it down.

Wrote a large ass review on MAL

probably my favorite manga now, hope the anime gets another season despite how much will probably be cut. I really enjoy Hayashida's style of writing and loved every character, so I'm excited to see more from her in Dai Dark

Lux

Power Uploader
Masterpiece. There is nothing else like this. I'm kinda sad i didn't follow it release by release during its serialization, and only read it now, though.

I'm not sure i even want to try the anime judging by how it looks. This is the kind of manga that probably no animation will ever do it justice.

Fed-Kun's army
Came here from Dai Dark. Judging by the comments and the author's quirky sense of humor I'm going to take a closer look on this. I might be in for a treat 🙂

Update, 27 days later.
And now I finished it. Time sure flew.
This became my favourite manga, how glad I am to have stumbled on this. Nearly ALL of the characters are so likeable, had fun trying to decide who to root for... You know it's good when you are left with a mixed feeling of emptiness and happiness after finishing it. What am I gonna do now to pass time at work?! Guess I'll go browse for something and hope to stumble onto domething that's even a fraction as good as this.
I also watched the anime, the 1st (and currently the only) season covers chapters up to around ch 41. Worth watching, hope they'll bring around more seasons! The soundtrack kicked arse.
I'm gonna rate this
Holy-fokken-molly-why-haven't-I-read-this-earlier/10

Fed-Kun's army
Story is 10/10 but the translation here is garbage up to chapter 109. Just read the official english scans on mangasee

1. You realise the world of this manga is fucking disgusting,

2. Then you start to get used to the grime, and you realise every character is fucking amazing and wholesome.

3. Then you realise that this is the point of the manga: You've learnt while the world is bleak and inhospitable, the people living there are still people. Hopes, dreams, loves and aspirations. Beautiful stories behind a horrible exterior. And by growing numb to the setting and empathising with the characters, you've just gone on the same journey that they've all had to go through, to live in that world.
If this isn't masterful worldbuilding I don't know what is
10/10

Dex-chan lover
It's like riding a roller coaster. It makes your head spin, you'll know where it's going, and it drags on after a while, but somehow you'll still manage to enjoy the ride until the end.
p.s.: I have never rode a roller coaster

Dex-chan lover
9.4 Review
A little slow/boring for the first 12 chapters but as the mystery unravels the story definitley ramps up to a 10. Afterwards the story drags on a bit after the manga gets extended and ends on a decent conclusion to the rollercoaster that is Dorohedoro.

The characters are by far some of the best aspects of this manga as every character is effectively utilized within the narrative while still retaining their own ambitions and values. Although I am kind of a "hater" when it comes to romance in any fictional works, I gotta say, there are a lot of platonic relationships even though it would make more sense if the pairing were a couple (Shin-Noi, Nikaido-Kaiman). It's almost like that history teacher meme when they say that they were just "best friends".

Overall an enjoyable read, but I'd say that if you really dislike the artstyle then you just have to take my word for it and tuff it out 'till the end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/animegifs/comments/guxvzk/ebisu_shark_dance_dorohedoro/

Ebisu shark dance😍
Though it looks cuter in the manga. Cant find a gif for the manga one.

Dorohedoro is easily my new favorite work of art. I just finished the final chapter about an hour ago, and I'm about to go read Dai Dark. Q Hayashida's both an incredibly talented artist and an absolutely captivating author; from start to finish, there's never a moment in Dorohedoro where the chaos lets up, and it's so seamless and clever that it never gets old or jarring. The world and characters Hayashido creates with this story are some of the most interesting and loveable in any work of fiction. The narrative up until the very end seems so sporadic and leaves so much left to cover, but it's no exaggeration to say that every single loose end is tied up by the end of the story. All of this is still... In the most chaotic of shambles. That is DOROHEDORO!

Amazing series! Highly recommended for fans of light hearted incredibly gory action/comedy romp through an incredibly well built fantasy world. The characters are also written in a way that makes you root for each and every one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread