Dororo to Hyakkimaru-Den

Double-page supporter
Can we get this in English please, its quite different from the 2019 anime.

Group Leader
If anyone is interested in Translating this please let me know. I have ebook raws and just need a Translator and Typesetters. A redrawer would be nice! (Joint project OK)

Aggregator gang
So I'm guess they met a long time afterwards and Hyakkimaru already has his eyes, ears and voice.

Double-page supporter
@ceneoss: If this follows the story of the original (this is a remake of an old Tezuka manga, which is why he’s listed as co-author despite being dead for decades) then no, Hyakkimaru has massive psychic powers which substitute for his senses, and convincing-looking prosthetics. (He can’t use them to fight, for some reason, but they let him move his artificial limbs and have Daredevil-style sensory accuracy.) His missing parts grow back and push the prosthetics out of his body when he kills demons.

In general, I hope this ends up being better than the original — the Tezuka version starts when Hyakkimaru has killed a few demons, I forget how many but not a lot, gives his background story in great detail, has him meet Dororo (who has a whole other plot going on), follows him through encountering his biological family, they figure out Dororo’s big plot point (which I am not spoiling here, go read the original if you want to know), and then Hyakkimaru just walks off leaving Dororo alone, and there’s like 2 pages saying that Dororo learned from rumors that he eventually managed to kill all the demons.

(Incidentally: they made a game based on the manga for the Playstation 2 called Blood Will Tell, but since Hyakkimaru is the MC in the game and it follows him through killing all the demons, the plot can’t be quite the same as the original, so don’t assume you know what’s going to happen if you’ve played it.)

Seven Seas Entertainment has licensed this. Volume 1 will be released on June 9, 2020 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.

source : https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2019/10/22/seven-seas-reconstructs-a-tezuka-classic-with-license-of-the-legend-of-dororo-and-hyakkimaru-manga-series/

Group Leader
@ceneoss Nope, only his voice.

@ZeeVee this manga follows most of the elements of the original, but removes the psychic aspect entirely. In this manga, he is able to speak only because the first demon he killed was the demon who robbed him of his voice.

This is closer to the original, but much better than the 2019 anime. In fact, the art style of the 2019 anime is mostly based on this manga, but storyline is almost completely different.

Double-page supporter
Question for those who know the series
is the mc actually a girl i head he was actually a she but im not sure just curious

Dex-chan lover
@Flashplayer0CD
Dororo is a girl, Hyakkimaru is a boy.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread