Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - A Loner Can't Possibly Leave a Nice Memory on the Trip, Okay?

Dex-chan lover
The comments after every chapter of this story is one of my favorite parts of reading this lol

Though I gotta agree with the majority, it's time for the cringe worthy manufacturerd drama to pad out the story that every single one of these types of manga have to do 😆

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation!
The way I see it, he's slowly improving. At first, he didn't want to go to the school trip, but this time, he considered going.
As someone above me mentioned, he had bad rumors circulating around him. IMO, it's reasonable for him to avoid talking to his classmate because of that.

Dex-chan lover
Soooo did the people in the comment section just forgot that MC has bad rumors about him going around because of how he saved Hoshigasaki? Like MC has a perfect reason to be worried of tarnishing the reputation of Shiramine.
This is one of those series where the comment section is constantly missing the point of the story. Rather, I'm more interested in why are they wasting their time reading this if they dislike it so much :wooow:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If he was so scared of interacting with people, he could have brought a book. That way he wouldn't feel lonely and out of place.

I get what he's feeling. You don't want to meet people, because you don't know what to talk about in the first place. But he's like that because he doesn't want to make friends with people. It seems to be a never-ending cycle of people trying to approach him, and him refusing because of past trauma. Something significant has to change.

Dex-chan lover
Dude's a  proper stick in the mud, I'm impressed
It does seem like something interesting story-wise will happen next chapter, so let's hope that next month the story picks up

Dex-chan lover
Dude wants to be a lone wolf, wants to spend his second high school life alone, doesn't need friends... And seemingly his every waking hour is pretty much spent on pondering his own friendlessness, loneliless, and isolation from his classmates. Like, no shit, Sherlaka Holmura, if you want to be alone and make an effort to keep your distance from others, you will be alone. What a great shock! What a discovery! Psychologists will be studying this stupefying phenomenon for a century!

Dex-chan lover
Dude wants to be a lone wolf, wants to spend his second high school life alone, doesn't need friends... And seemingly his every waking hour is pretty much spent on pondering his own friendlessness, loneliless, and isolation from his classmates. Like, no shit, Sherlaka Holmura, if you want to be alone and make an effort to keep your distance from others, you will be alone. What a great shock! What a discovery! Psychologists will be studying this stupefying phenomenon for a century!
Shock of all shock... people thinking loners can't also feel lonely...

Just because people chose to be alone doesn't mean they're not supposed to feel lonely. Hell I know extroverts that still feel lonely while partying and surrounded by a suffocating amount of people.

Dex-chan lover
Shock of all shock... people thinking loners can't also feel lonely...

Just because people chose to be alone doesn't mean they're not supposed to feel lonely. Hell I know extroverts that still feel lonely while partying and surrounded by a suffocating amount of people.
That wasn't my point. My point was that he wants to be alone, yet all of these chapters are full of pretty much nothing but the dude thinking about his friendlessness and loneliness. The whole story seems to be centered around that single topic. It's not happening against his will, which is the issue I pointed out in my post. You could write a war story that mostly ponders peace, but that's because the vast majority of people suffering from a war are doing it against their will. Only the politicians of the attacking side wished for war. So, it would be perfectly reasonable to keep the ordinary characters preoccupied with thoughts of peace, not war. But if the MC in this work wants to be alone and makes an effort to be alone, what's the point of making him ponder friendlessness and loneliness?

Dex-chan lover
But if the MC in this work wants to be alone and makes an effort to be alone, what's the point of making him ponder friendlessness and loneliness?
Coming from someone who is extremely introverted, this is pretty much a "normal" thing for introverts though. MC has mentioned plenty of times that he hasn't really encountered people that is "easy" for him to talk to or get along with; which again is like introvert 101.

The "point" of him lingering/wallowing on him being a "lone wolf" while also being headstrong on keeping that status is because that's how we function IRL.

Dex-chan lover
It's a manga. Not.Real.Life.

The amount of illusions conflated as reality in these comment threads easily supports the pop culture metric that 6 out of 10 people are in need of some kind of mental help.

Enjoy the stupidity and the "humor" in this series for what it is. Entertainment. Not some deep reflection on reality.

Dex-chan lover
man, as a loner myself this MC action that care about his classmate really hurt my pride.
well, at least I like the class president personality so its still worth to care for lmao.

Dex-chan lover
This guy is a loser and hides behind his 'lone wolf pride' as an excuse to not push himself out of his comfort zone to try and make friends or talk to people when it's clear from his thoughts he actually wants to have friends. Such a pathetic self-projecting manga
8man rip off

Dex-chan lover
It's a manga. Not.Real.Life.

The amount of illusions conflated as reality in these comment threads easily supports the pop culture metric that 6 out of 10 people are in need of some kind of mental help.

Enjoy the stupidity and the "humor" in this series for what it is. Entertainment. Not some deep reflection on reality.
The exact reactions I have as I think the author really ripped 8man references here seriously.

Dex-chan lover
It must feel weird experiencing a event all over again but with a different inner age and experience. But I just wish that the MC would tone down the “loner” mentality a bit. It’s too exaggerated.

We all get it. At times we want to be alone. Especially now with the added rumors. But isn’t he confusing be alone with self isolation. There must be a balance.

Dex-chan lover
This guy is a loser and hides behind his 'lone wolf pride' as an excuse to not push himself out of his comfort zone to try and make friends or talk to people when it's clear from his thoughts he actually wants to have friends. Such a pathetic self-projecting manga
This is why the LN ended in 4 volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread