Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - It Won't Turn into a Rom-Com Situation Even if I Went to a Girl's House, Alright?

Dex-chan lover
The more I tried to write a summary about the ending of the chapter, the more I find how kind of ridiculous it is. He feels bad cuz he couldn't save the gyaru the first time around and he only felt that way after talking to her brother and seeing how much he cares about her.

Dex-chan lover
Aghhhhhhh I really, really, really, REALLY hate the brother...... perhaps the manga ended for me in chapter 18 cause there's no more lone wolf!!, and next chapters are like Oregairu triying to enjoy the school and decides who girl wil win
the no more lone wolf it's the premise, thought?

Dex-chan lover
Yes, it got Axed
That tracks. This series has a really interesting premise, but not much else. I'm reading more out of obligation than anything. Personally this chapter was pretty boring and so was the last...

Contributor
Ruri's brother is a good dude, I think he's kinda awesome. Well, except for the siscon part.

Yeah, it's time for the the fake lone wolf persona of his to die. The Hodaka of chapter 1 who dreamed of love and friendships is the real Hodaka who must come back, but better. A Hodaka who dreams of love and friendships... and manages to get both!

Pg. 25, I'm thinking Hodaka is planning to include Mashiro in the next famires meeting of theirs. Well, he could just talk to her 1-on-1 before meeting the two girls, but it would be far more interesting to see the entire "harem" assemble in one place for once.

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read the raws of this or any other series that writes it, but "flashy" is such an awkward translation. Does it get the point across in English? I guess, kind of. But it's not something a native English-speaker would really say for that situation.

Again, without having read the raws, I bet the original Japanese uses a word that literally means flashy, like a flash of light, and in Japanese, that word is commonly used metaphorically to describe a person even though there is no actual flash of light. Again, though, the problem is that it's an awkward thing to say in English.

Minor issue. Explicitly minor issue. I'm just saying.

Dex-chan lover
Hinamatsuji in a cheongsam is so delicious good lord.

Thanks for the translation (damn she has nice thighs).

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read the raws of this or any other series that writes it, but "flashy" is such an awkward translation. Does it get the point across in English? I guess, kind of. But it's not something a native English-speaker would really say for that situation.

Again, without having read the raws, I bet the original Japanese uses a word that literally means flashy, like a flash of light, and in Japanese, that word is commonly used metaphorically to describe a person even though there is no actual flash of light. Again, though, the problem is that it's an awkward thing to say in English.

Minor issue. Explicitly minor issue. I'm just saying.
I'm not a native speaker, but I've always found it weird that some English words have direct translations in my language that make sense in certain usage, yet they aren't used in the same way in English.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not a native speaker, but I've always found it weird that some English words have direct translations in my language that make sense in certain usage, yet they aren't used in the same way in English.
I'm curious. If you don't mind sharing, can you provide maybe two examples?

Sometimes it's a factor of history and particular events and sometimes there's just no real reason for it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious. If you don't mind sharing, can you provide maybe two examples?

Sometimes it's a factor of history and particular events and sometimes there's just no real reason for it.
I can't think of one right now, I think it's something about physical touch, and some adjective words, but I can't recall the exact words.

Users who are viewing this thread