Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - The Popular Girls in Class Still Won't Let Their Guard Down Around Me, Alright?

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a normal dude to me. I don't know why you dislike him so much
Why? Because the only reason he's even talking to Nanamura is because he wants something from him. Nanamura said it himself: they've never had a proper conversation before. So the one time they do Kuno is trying to get info out of him under the pretense of "male bonding" (which are Nanamura's words but you get the point).

Would you like it if the only reason people approached you is because they're trying to get something out if you? It's insincere behavior.

Why? Because the only reason he's even talking to Nanamura is because he wants something from him. Nanamura said it himself: they've never had a proper conversation before. So the one time they do Kuno is trying to get info out of him under the pretense of "male bonding" (which are Nanamura's words but you get the point).

Would you like it if the only reason people approached you is because they're trying to get something out if you? It's insincere behavior.
I mean he just asked a question, it's not like he's asking for money or something.

I wouldn't mind it, it's not like i lose anything by answering a question, even if we normally have nothing to do with each other.

Dex-chan lover
heh, still the same old "everyone treating the mc like absolute trash every single chapter till the end" trope.. which gets masked as "teasing" :huh:

Dex-chan lover
I mean he just asked a question, it's not like he's asking for money or something.

I wouldn't mind it, it's not like i lose anything by answering a question, even if we normally have nothing to do with each other.
It doesn't have to be something tangible. Information is just as, if not more, valuable depending on what it is.

And to be frank, I doubt you'd be able to not mind for long. I did say "something out of you," which can mean more than just simply answering a question. And at that point you do start to lose something.

Regardless, I don't see it that way. From Nanamura's perspective he doesn't know Kuno, doesn't owe Kuno any favors, and is being asked about something he'd rather not openly talk about. If I was Nanamura I'd just tell him to piss off.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a normal dude to me. I don't know why you dislike him so much
Yeah. It is indeed normal people. But to people who struggled in relationship (just call it a loner), he would annoy him because it would make the loner's mind thinking so much about him with nothing worth to gain.

I know it sound like a hassle to outsider, but it is indeed a real case to these kind of people (the loner).

If you want to ask me how to deal with this kind of people. Just leave them be. It's their own problem to thinking like that

Dex-chan lover
Man you sure do be projecting some insecurities and real life experiences into a 3 page airhead background character.
Yes. This is why this manga is different than other harem romance manga in the past (like oregairu). I don't know what people expecting, i think the author still have something to tell about. unlike rent-a girlfriend who just drawing pages of author's stubbornness

Dex-chan lover
actually she was part of why hoshigasaki didn't end school in the og timeline... so yeah, she's a moron.

also, damn, this really couldn't get away from...
mom I want oregairu
son we have oregairu at home...
Except they are making the worst point of OreGairu the main focus.....

The part where the MC was clearly right and the girl was clearly wrong yet making the girl the victim while the MC is the villain and hated by everyone.....

Group Leader
At this point i am just reading to see how this end...

Waiting the others to leave first so you don't stand out, the fuck?
Not talking with your friend so her 'friends' don't get 'flustered'?

This wigga isn't a loner or whatever, he's just a bitch afraid of the smallest sight of confrontation, i thought this was the point of the manga and they were trying to improve it, but it goes in loops in that regard, one could argue this is normal for a character development, but i really doubt they will properly address it till the end.

Dex-chan lover
There's going to be an anime? First time hearing about it
No I was talking about the scene in general, that ‘anime exists to sell manga’ hence multiple having a ‘read the manga lol’ ending. I highly doubt this will get an anime.

Dex-chan lover
Man you sure do be projecting some insecurities and real life experiences into a 3 page airhead background character.
I don't think you know what projecting means if you think I'm doing it. I'm just calling out insincere behavior when I see it. I don't really care about Kuno because, like you said, he's a background character we'll likely never see again.

Doesn't mean I can't give my opinion about his behavior.

Power Uploader
It wouldnt be the first time a axed LN did continue further as a manga.
So I hope it will also be the case here, at least to have a somewhat proper ending.

Dex-chan lover
So, that girl did nothing to her friend when she need help and dare to threaten MC from approaching her friend eh.
Right? Like I swear the author is allergic to writing characters that aren't infuriating. How can you act protective when you did nothing as your "friend" was supposedly getting berated and OG timeline she just let her stop going to school over that incident.
People like Kuno can fuck off. You had every opportunity to talk to Nanamura beforehand to get to know him. And the one time he does, it's because he's the loser of a punishment game instead of a genuine desire to befriend Nanamura.

It's only when these mfs need something from you that they decide to give you the time of day, and not anytime before. And, as usual, should you give them what they want they never go out of their way to talk to you again. I've known a handful of people like Kuno and they're all just as exhausting and insincere.

Thank you for the translation.
I kinda get what you're saying, but you are WAY too invested in it over a nothing character. Personally, I'd say it's not that big of a deal because they are classmates. On a certain level they just automatically have a connection because of that shared experience and asking a question about the class trip and one of the most popular girls in school is pretty normal.

Also worth keeping in mind, the rumor wasn't started by Kuno and it was going around the whole classroom and beyond. A group of them played rock paper scissors and Kuno just happened to be the one to lose, but the entire class was treating the MC the same. Kuno seems difficult to deal with (high energy and airheaded), but that's it. There's far worse actual people than someone whose just surface level nice.

At this point i am just reading to see how this end...

Waiting the others to leave first so you don't stand out, the fuck?
Not talking with your friend so her 'friends' don't get 'flustered'?

This wigga isn't a loner or whatever, he's just a bitch afraid of the smallest sight of confrontation, i thought this was the point of the manga and they were trying to improve it, but it goes in loops in that regard, one could argue this is normal for a character development, but i really doubt they will properly address it till the end.
This is the nail on the head and why probably the only reason I'm still reading is the long updates in between chapters. The MC whines about every social interaction in the most bitch way possible. And they don't present it in a way that they're an introvert or socially inept. They present in a way that they think every social interaction ends with a guy in a hockey mask chainsaw hacking people to pieces. And I'd be fine with that if it were presented as if the MC were in any way growing or gradually improving this. However, every single time he lords it over in his mind and fundamentally denies that he could remotely want or benefit from social interaction. We also get chapters like this were he acts like doing something different makes him stand out less 😂

If he's like this throughout, I'm happy the LN got Axed.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda get what you're saying, but you are WAY too invested in it over a nothing character. Personally, I'd say it's not that big of a deal because they are classmates. On a certain level they just automatically have a connection because of that shared experience and asking a question about the class trip and one of the most popular girls in school is pretty normal.

Also worth keeping in mind, the rumor wasn't started by Kuno and it was going around the whole classroom and beyond. A group of them played rock paper scissors and Kuno just happened to be the one to lose, but the entire class was treating the MC the same. Kuno seems difficult to deal with (high energy and airheaded), but that's it. There's far worse actual people than someone whose just surface level nice.
Why do people think I'm THIS invested in this? Maybe I gave him too much flac that may not apply to him given this single interaction; but everything else I said just describes a not so uncommon occurrence. Either way, I just gave my opinion on this man and that's it; it doesn't matter how major or minor of a character he is.

I think Kuno is kinda trash but he's certainly not worth getting invested over.

Double-page supporter
Ive seen most of your say the ending its coming cause the LN got axed but I don't think that will stop the manga of making its own ending like many animes that make their own endings

Dex-chan lover
Wait, source was axed? How did it got an adaptation then?
Sad to know though, I like this series, art style and characters are good
Well, the writing is terrible, so no wonder the axe came. The entire chapter we had pointless monologue from mc about shit that doesn't matter. Than we had his rambling "this girl is pretty" than we had nonsense of the said girl threatening mc for no reason.

Still a bit sad about the axe, since there's technically an interesting plot, it's just buried underneath author's inability to write

Aggregator gang
I don't think you know what projecting means if you think I'm doing it. I'm just calling out insincere behavior when I see it. I don't really care about Kuno because, like you said, he's a background character we'll likely never see again.

Doesn't mean I can't give my opinion about his behavior.
You're now 8 comments deep into his behavior with triple the lines that he has in the chapter but sure buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread