Doumo, Suki na hito ni Horegusuri wo Iraisareta Majo desu

Cute story
I am personally getting hung up on 2 details that are absolitely killi g my suspension of disbelief-
1) living in a forest and having only lettuce. Why? You're not even growing something like spinach that has nutrients? No beets? Literally there are no seeds, anywhere? There are so many nuts. Are there no fish in the lake? No rabbits you can trap? Literally 0 fruits or berries growing in there? Cause thats super weird.
2) eating only lettuce and not dying. You would die. You would 100% die. Of malnutrition, of starvation. Like you would so die.
3) if you somehow did not die you would be rail thin with visible ribs and I promise you no boobs and definitely stunted growth and tooth problems from starvation.

And then also
Why is anyone wearing a corset under these clothes that in no way require a corset? Stays historically reflect the clothes put on top of them. People were not wearing pairs of bodies and shit under loose clothes. With that empire waist I would be expecting like maybe regency stays, but those wouldn't affect your waust just make your titties pop so ??? ??? Also this is clearly from an earlier period so tbh girl is probably just wearing a shift or chemise.

i don't know why this is bothering me so much in a fantasy story about witches but its absolutely killing me.

@Buttsbuttsbuttsbutts
I assume the author added the lettuce component to make the mc a "dainty" thin damsel type of character. By eating only lettuce, she furthers the characteristics of a skinny low-maintenance pretty girl. There are also of course the superficial aspects of wanting your mc to be skinny and small, as to appeal to the perfect shoujo girl trope. It's kind of toxic in a way lol

It's a really cute and nice story but I wish more would happen than just their pining away for each other. They need to have some adventures or something. The worldbuilding and background seems to interesting to spend on just them making googly eyes at each other. I mean, that's great and all, but there could be more stuff happening here!

Users who are viewing this thread