Dragon and Chameleon - Ch. 22 - All-Out Manga Athlete Fight

Dex-chan lover
That said, how many characters is this manga going to introduce‽ I've lost count of how many people I'm emotionally invested in.
Well, considering he have gotten the "Artisan" and the "Mechanic", we're still missing the "Powerhouse" out of the core assistant trio Miyama mentioned.
I'd imagine there's going to be a lot more throwaway characters like how they did Gameshow arc awhile back.

Dex-chan lover
I'm waiting for her gap moe with interest!! Hair down Honesaka, one piece dress Honesaka, Suit Honesaka, GAP MOE HONESAKA!!

Dex-chan lover
Every release...
I fucking KNEEL...
We are NOTHING compared to this KINO
204.png

Dex-chan lover
I already love her, damn this manga doesn't has even one bad character, even the main rival/antagonist is interesting

Talking about assistants, the author of this manga was an assistant for One Piece, but skimming the volumes, i have never been able to find where the assistants are being credited, and for what has been shown of his studio, he works with at least 7 or 8, that's a lot of people going uncredited
Interestingly, from what I can find (both officially and where such information is usually collated about manga/anime) it seems that he's not actually using any assistants in this series; I'd love to see the credits pages and confirm or refute that with more confidence, though.

Dex-chan lover
I already love her, damn this manga doesn't has even one bad character, even the main rival/antagonist is interesting

Talking about assistants, the author of this manga was an assistant for One Piece, but skimming the volumes, i have never been able to find where the assistants are being credited, and for what has been shown of his studio, he works with at least 7 or 8, that's a lot of people going uncredited
I've never thought about this until now, but I feel like some manga talk about the assistants a lot (or at least a decent amount), although I can't think of any examples off the cuff, and others almost never do.
I also cracked open a random volume of One Piece and realized that a lot of manga credit assistants in postscripts or other similar "end of the book" sections, but that One Piece volumes don't have that because it has the SBS and then an immediate "next volume, buy now" page. However, this is also in an English volume, so it might be different in the Japanese volume, but I wouldn't know.
I wonder if it might be a generational thing or something in the same vein. Does anyone know if assistants were credited or mentioned in like Rurouni Kenshin? I'm interested if it's just a matter of everyone just having not crediting assistants as normal because they also weren't credited when they were assistants and nobody really brings it up or makes it an issue. It might also be some kind of work culture thing, maybe? Maybe (lowkey hoping) this manga will touch on the assistant/mangaka relationship in this sort of way.

Dex-chan lover
I've never thought about this until now, but I feel like some manga talk about the assistants a lot (or at least a decent amount), although I can't think of any examples off the cuff, and others almost never do.
I also cracked open a random volume of One Piece and realized that a lot of manga credit assistants in postscripts or other similar "end of the book" sections, but that One Piece volumes don't have that because it has the SBS and then an immediate "next volume, buy now" page. However, this is also in an English volume, so it might be different in the Japanese volume, but I wouldn't know.
I wonder if it might be a generational thing or something in the same vein. Does anyone know if assistants were credited or mentioned in like Rurouni Kenshin? I'm interested if it's just a matter of everyone just having not crediting assistants as normal because they also weren't credited when they were assistants and nobody really brings it up or makes it an issue. It might also be some kind of work culture thing, maybe? Maybe (lowkey hoping) this manga will touch on the assistant/mangaka relationship in this sort of way.
Maybe it is a generational thing, some newer manga do have the assistants credited, it is not common, but it happens

Also Zatch Bell 2 credits assistants per chapter which is unusual, but an outlier case since it is self published

Users who are viewing this thread