Dragon and Chameleon - Ch. 28 - The Hundred Million Beyond Player

Aggregator gang
I noticed that the girls are all based off the seven deadly sins.
Futsumi(2): Wrath
Yotsumi(4): Lust
Itsumi(5): Gluttony
Mutsumi(6): Envy
Natsumi(7): Sloth
There's also one more woman that interestingly hasn't shown her face despite being on page 13, and at the end of CH24, who likely represents Pride. Orochi would complete Fugasaku's set as Greed, which might be why she's so coveted by him.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I know it isn't meant to be taken literally, but the "stunned by profoundness" panel afterwards makes it seem like we're supposed to treat this guy seriously instead of the loon he clearly is.
He's depicted as a demon and compared to "famous dictators" in terms of his ability to inspire a cult following. I would hope you're not taking him completely seriously.

Dex-chan lover
He's depicted as a demon and compared to "famous dictators" in terms of his ability to inspire a cult following. I would hope you're not taking him completely seriously.
There's a difference between readers not taking him seriously as sane people and the impression that the author gives off with how the rest of a world treats a character (regarding suspension of disbelief, etc.). It's totally okay if it's working for you, but it's taking me out of it.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
There's a difference between readers not taking him seriously as sane people and the impression that the author gives off with how the rest of a world treats a character (regarding suspension of disbelief, etc.). It's totally okay if it's working for you, but it's taking me out of it.
Ah, I see now. Yeah, can't really do anything about that then, I have a pretty high tolerance for disbelief suspension.

Dex-chan lover
Also Yotsumi kinda unhinged lmao, I feel like those clothes don't emphasize curves at all idk why she's so down bad

You remember that the inciting incident for this series is two individuals swapping bodies, right? You've read nearly thirty chapters of this series and you're complaining about the believably of a world-renowned author who dominates his field having a big ego/surrounding himself with sycophants?

Dex-chan lover
You remember that the inciting incident for this series is two individuals swapping bodies, right? You've read nearly thirty chapters of this series and you're complaining about the believably of a world-renowned author who dominates his field having a big ego/surrounding himself with sycophants?
Yeah, accepting that a fantastical premise is the baseline for the story's purposes is sort of how suspension of disbelief works. I have no problem with that.

It speaks to how dumb the characters' reactions are that it's taking me out of that.

Dex-chan lover
Boy, the exaggeration is reaching new levels, although, the story is good. So it really doesn't matter, i guess

Yeah, accepting that a fantastical premise is the baseline for the story's purposes is sort of how suspension of disbelief works. I have no problem with that.

It speaks to how dumb the characters' reactions are that it's taking me out of that.
Honestly makes me question how you got all the way here without popping a blood vessel when this manga has always been over the top with its hyping of characters. Do yourself and us a favour, take a walk or something. Come back when you don't feel so whiny.

Good night!

Users who are viewing this thread