The world of Ardevias

So, this is not a story, but more a dump of idea about the world where my story take place
Genre: Isekai, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Ecchi, Genderswap, seinen

Main Settings
A somewhat generic isekai fantasy world with rpg elements in it(A placeholder for now)

Back Story and Plot
Hundreds of years has passed since the last Hero vs Demon Lord war ended. The world now had gone through a new direction from before. The demons who were the enemy of mankinds and the monster who followed them like the minos, orcs, and ogres had begun to live together with all other races. Everything went well for those people who seek the cooperation of all races. But the peace was not for all people.

The king of humanity or so they called him as the leader of the human led kingdoms alliance felt disastified and disgusted seeing the demons run freely in his kingdom and planned to lit back the war and get rid of the demons for goods. Aided by some of the gods who shared his vision, a new Hero had been called to help the king realized that dream.

The Aeons, the eldest and most powerful gods, took notice about the gods and humanity betrayal and sent out their own champion to combat The Hero. Through the help of the still loyal gods, a young man from earth was called to their world. The man who once called as "Death Incarnation" due to how many people he had been killed in his life was selected after he died protecting his sister.

The story will be split in several phases as a form of growth of the Main character.
1st phase, 1st Reincarnation/1st try.(done, need to be reworked)
2nd phase, 2nd Reincarnation/2nd Try, childhood days. (on work)
3rd phase, School days and fame building(power leveling arc).
4th phase, Hero party Infiltration.
5th phase, betrayal and killing the hero
6th phase, Aftermath and continued in other chronicles

The World

Race:
Races in Ardevias are commonly divided into Human, Spirit people, Beastkin, Demonkin, and Celestia.

Human are the most dominant races in Ardevias due to their sheer numbers and their creative way of thinking. Compared to other races they possess little strengths and magics, but with their creativity they managed to develop a mix of scientific technology and magic called Technomagia to rivals other races. Although Giants are a part of humankind, they weren't accepted as one.

Spirit People are consisted of the Elves, Fairies, and Dwarves. They are races that are loved by the natures and the world as a planet. Long story short, they are the caretakers of the world. The Elves are nimbles and proficient with wind and nature related magic since birth, The Fairies are small and weak but their magic only overshadowed by The Spirits, The Dwarves are brash and alcoholic but without their help the human won't be able to make their Technomagia.

Beastkin consisted of the beast eared people and Werebeast. Beast eared people are a collective naming for the half beast half human whom most of their body are actually a human with animal like ears and tails. While the Werebeast are people whom appearance is a beast, yet have an intelligence of human and lived just like one. All of beastkin are marginally stronger than other races in terms of physical strength and abilities depending on their beast counterpart is.

Demonkin in Ardevias are actually Humans, Elves, or Dwarves who are exiled and casted off by their own people in the ancient times. They took shelter under the gods who governed chaos and evil. Under the new god ruling they start anew and abandoned their past races. The humans become the Demons, Succubusses or Incubuses. The Elves become the Dark Elves. Lastly the dwarves become the Spawn*.

Celestia are creatures that are beyond the capabilities and understanding of the four main races. Like the Gods, Demigods, Dragons, and Spirits. All of them are nearly equal with each other but out of the league for the other races.

Power system:
To be made, but here's a placeholder calculation sheet of one of my characters in RPG way
- For magics, I'm thinking of everyone can use as much magic as they are able to without restrictions, as long as their body are capable to withstand the backlash and the burden of power of that magic. Also, Mana is finite in the world and exist in the form of gas of ether, liquids, and stones and were produced by the world from the leylines and dragon veins. The usage of magic and mana will produce a phenomenons depending on the spell used and a byproduct called miasma.
- the miasma will then accumulate in the body and the place where the magic was casted. The accumulation of miasma in a person body will cause them gradually lose rationality and awaken their primal desire. forcing them to do beastly acts like rapes, cannibalism, berserking, and etc. Meanwhile the accumulation of miasma in the world will be materiallized as monsters and natural disasters. As time passed the world will naturally recycle those miasma back into the Ether.
- in order to prevent and minimallize the miasma corruption from using magic. Magician and spell caster must at least bring a magic stone that will absorb the miasma for them. The stones will then change colors from blue, orange, red, crimson, purple, to finally muddy dark as it absorbs more and more miasma.

Currency:
The currency of the continent where the story take place is called Rue and 1000 Rue is equal to 10$ and issued in the form of bills and cards. The cards also works the same as your identity and most commonly used by peddler and adventurer/traveller. There's not much differents about the economics of each kingdoms and countries, except the tax and prices. Although Rue is the commonly used currency in the place where the story take place it only can be used in Human kingdoms and a few of a certain city of other races kingdoms.

Misc
- Ardevias means Deviant World or World of Deviant, taken from the arabic word "Ard" and the english word "Deviant" combined into Arddeviant which later become Ardevias.
- Killing monsters born from miasma will also transfer a portion of the miasma into your body. it also leave out the carcass of the monsters behind if it already alived long enough to form flesh and blood.
- the miasma collected and accumulated inside the magic stones can be traded to the guilds and magic institute, which will be used to fuel out the city or magic based machinery

To those who had given their times to came by and read this, thank you very much.

Contributor
Ard + Deviant = ArdDeviant = Ardevias
Deviant + Ard = DeviantArd = DeviantArt

hexthonk.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Alright, first thoughts. I'm writing this as I read.

K so I just finished writing everything and realized that I asked too many questions so I'll just begin by saying that it's not necessary to flesh out things that you don't intend to put in your stories. Heck, soft worldbuilding is where you intentionally leave things vague (here's a vid about that). One reason to keep worldbuilding outside the scope of stories is because it's fun and if you don't find it interesting then you don't need to flesh out the reason that grain of sand has 1% more magic potential than the grain of sand beside it. Just keep in mind that well-thought-out does not equal to cramming every piece of worldbuilding in every paragraph.

-Will your story cover the morality of prejudice of humanity and racism? Cause imo it's a missed opportunity if you don't include it.

-Do you have an evolutionary tree for how humans, spirit people, and celestia came to be? Cause you seem to have an idea on how beastkin and demonkin came to be so how about the other three?
-Saying that human's creativity are what allows them to have many numbers seems a little bit unbelievable for me for a few reasons: this implies that other races aren't as creative/smart as humans which would make them dull characters; intelligence isn't the only variable in breeding cause factors like socioeconomic status (richer folks have less kids than middle class) and era (my grandparents from both sides of my family have like ten kids while I'm an only child) would certainly contribute.

-How exactly is magic produced? Yeah, it's from the leylines but at what rate do the leylines produce magic, and what exactly makes it finite? Can magic production be monopolized or are there laws against it?
-If miasma accumulation drives a person to their primal instincts, what are the primal instincts of other races? Are these primal instincts personalized? For example, a pedophile would lose constraints and start preying on children meanwhile a lazy person would lose constraints and forget about work. Should all primal instincts be violent for your story? How do you justify making primal instincts violent?
-How exactly does miasma get converted back to magic? Is it at a 1:1 rate? If so, that implies that magic produces miasma and miasma produces magic so where does the cycle begin?
-Have you considered having monsters fueled by miasma? So magic to them is like miasma and miasma is used to cast magic spells. Or maybe make it so that monsters have an expiration date once their miasma runs out or get sucked dry or something.
-I feel like the magic stone that absorbs miasma has too many colours lol. None of the readers need to memorize all those stages. My suggestion is make it like the pH indicator and make three colours. For example, blue = empty, red = half-filled, black = full. This is easier for the readers to remember.

-1000 rue = $10 sounds so generic, no offense. It's not wrong but you can do better. For example, the number system. Things go from 1 to 9 then loops back to 1 with a 0 in front - this is called a base 10 number system. In a fantasy world, it doesn't have to be base 10. Let's say that it's base 8 - 1 to 7 then loop back to 1 with a 0 in front. You can make "1000" rue be in actuality 512. (vid on number system, some inspiration fuel) Another thing you can do is that instead of comparing the currency to our world, compare it to something within the world. In my story, I made the early form of my currency be based upon food so chefs are functionally the same as economists and they must monitor the food trends to maintain the economy. This later changed to become independent of food as the currency transforms more like bitcoin. You can compare your currency to the gold of your world or the cost of "mining" magic. Go wild with your imagination.
-Talking about currency, how does it develop to become the credit card system it is now?
-Are there other currencies in outside kingdoms? Cause it would seem more realistic if you have multiple different currencies for different locations cause that's how it usually is irl.

-Do you intend on making a conlang or do you just want random fantasy words where it seems nice? You don't have to make a conlang that stuff's hard.

-Wait miasma can be used as fuel? Tell me more about what magic and miasma can do.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Before i answer the questions, it's better that i said this upfront. Most of the system and details are actually incomplete and still in concept. damn, you asked a lot. but that will certainly helped me in making a more crisp detail for my world. Thank you

And as you guessed, i planned to expose the world slowly as the MC grows and knows more about the world.

1st of course i will write an arc about racism and prejudice. as the MC himself/herself(as this is genderswap story) isn't a complete cold blood person, she still asked herself why she was asked to elliminate the Hero and not just killed the gods and the kings who summoned him?

2nd, Nah although i said Human major advantage is their creativity i won't be saying that they're the smartest out of all races. Creativity here means because they didn't have any advantage in terms of strength or magic, they need to improve and make something to make their life easier. Just like us, we invented weapons to protect ourself, we invented technologies to make our life easier. The spirit people has major advantage in terms of magics to the point that they can use it as many times as needed for their daily life(because there's no major restriction. except the one that i explained).

3rd, the short answer on how magics are produced is through recycle of life. when you killed a monster born from miasma, you actually helped the recycle process by taking it to yourself. any and all of living beings in Ardevias are actually the producer of magics, from living they took absorb a small amount of miasma into their body slowly converting it to a raw form of magic that can't be used nor interacted with and as they died, they returned those energy back to the leylines. that's the natural ways of producing it and yes there's other way and can be monopolized. By building a facility of purification on top of the major spot of leyline where the raw of form of magic gathered, you can utilize it to purify the miasma you gathered inside the magic stone. which later can be used again as a battery for magician or as a fuel.

Lastly what makes magic finite, there's no way to tell how much there is in the world. But place that had been exhausted will wither away and died, leaving a barren wasteland, chaotic places where natural disaster frequently happened, or miasma infected places like dungeons. there's 100% of any of those three outcomes if the miasma doesn't dealt as quickly as possible. as an extremely high concentration can gave birth either an extremely powerful monster or a group of monster, an extreme changes to the area, or gave birth to dungeons, making that place impossible to inhabit normal life.

4th, it's hard to explain this. But every person and creatures, regardless of their races had basic needs and desires. what the miasma does here, is making those desires and needs explode and become uncontrollable. Some people will become extremely hungry when under the effect of miasma and tried to devour anything they see, some others will become too horny to think about anything and started to assaulting here and there, and some others can be just becoming violent and attacked anything near them. it's hard to justify it, but i can say that the miasma effect varies on every person and are heavily dependant on their needs, desires, and heart at the time they lose control of theirself.

5th, a part of this question had been answered in the 3rd question. as for the start i'll said it will be magic, as miasma is a byproduct of the use of it.

6th, Yes as you guessed, in some cases the miasma will took over a living body and changes it from the inside. But, monsters will not produce magic, instead they will produces more and more miasma as they lived and uses they power disturbing the normal cycle of the conversion.

7th, i see, i'll take notes of it

8th, i know, i'm just being lazy with it. because currencies are the least of my mind in designing the world. I'll intend to flesh it out more once i finished on other aspects

9th, up. but the basic idea that came to my mind is a form of magic based identification card that records your information. You know, guild cards.

10th, there is, then again i have little motivation in designing it at the moment and want to focus on giving the story a form first. Rue is humans currency and because they are the major races in number it also used as value standarization of items and services. like $ in ours to measure the international standard of the items and services being sold.

11th, ye i don't want to make it. at most i'll just play with some words that already exist in real world to make fictional terms.

12th, question number 3. but if you're lazy here's the tl;dr: it didn't directly used as fuel but being purified first in a facility that use the leylines power to convert back the miasma back into a usable form of magic energy.

Dex-chan lover
@AirenxVia Oh wow that's interesting. So it's basically like oil but you don't know how much exactly there is and if you ever run out, disasters will happen... well that's terrifying. Someone will probably pay tons to whoever discovers a way to detect how much magic a ley line has remaining.

Btw where do you intend to place the ley lines? How does it form in the first place?

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Yep, and as for that question. the leylines are spread out throughout the world and can't be said exactly where it is, only a select of person that are truly loved by the world can find the exact traces of it. But, there are places where the lines formed a kind of intersection, those places are called "Spots" and are divided into two Major and Minor the major can be explained as "a place where extremely strong beings take place as their home" and the minor can be explained as "a place that are riches of lifes and natures".

The examples of Major leyline spot in my story are The World Tree and The World Throne(The highest mountain summit in the world and the nest of thousands of immortal dragons). Of course there's a plenty more of them spread in the world, but most of them are similiar like those two. while the Minor ones are literally as it described and some of them are used to built those facility of purification.

and how it formed well, i can only say it the works of nature and the world fundamental system to sustain the life inside.

For the spread and placement you can refer to this image from tvtropes

leylines.gif

Users who are viewing this thread