Dragon and Chameleon - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - As If You'd Get Me

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The first chapter where the title isn't directly pulled from the dialogue or narration. It's a bit odd.

There's been one update made to the officials, and if it's accurate to extrapolate information from it, it'll take like three months with their schedule for them to catch up to where we're now, never mind to the raws. Doesn't seem like a simulpub situation anytime soon.

Contributor
Shinobu's lost it. He's going to do something really stupid, won't he?

Also normally for manga about creating manga, normally I get mad if they don't actually describe the manga stories, but the author here is doing it well by focusing on the characters instead. We don't really need to know what Dragon Land is about to see this guy and his struggles trying to live up to the manga god he wants to be.

Dex-chan lover
He's so good at copying other people that its starting to bleed out and make illusions lol

Double-page supporter
Honestly, you're a mangaka assistant and you don't even know how to do perspectives?
Yeah... I like how the manga is giving some insights on some of the fundamentals in art/drawing but seeing in this context where this guy legit is working for the biggest and most popular manga, you'd think he'd at least have some above average knowledge on fundamentals now.

Dex-chan lover
When you've spend so much time on the wing-it household, recognizing vanishing point feels like seeing the matrix lmao

Dex-chan lover
Awh, was excited to see more of the Snake Mommy. Hopefully next chapter will be the one!
I wanted to see snek mommy too, but he went so hard with the art on those last pages that I just have to give him all the passes

Last 3 pages goes INSANELY hard. Seems Shinobu is breaking away from Garyou's vision/notes and making Dragon Land his own, I wonder how it'll play out. Also hoping Genji isn't forgotten and we get to see more of him in the future!

Dex-chan lover
So what was that spread? The dragon wants to use the new idea and the chameleon rejected it?

So what was that spread? The dragon wants to use the new idea and the chameleon rejected it?
I interpreted it as Shinobu rejecting Garyou's notes for Dragon Land and wanting to use his own idea for the story, hence the Chameleon killing the Dragon. My main reason for thinking this is because it quoted chapter 1 where Shinobu said "creators without individuality are worthless", so perhaps he is trying to bring his own individuality to Dragon Land. But to be honest, I could just be illiterate.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah... I like how the manga is giving some insights on some of the fundamentals in art/drawing but seeing in this context where this guy legit is working for the biggest and most popular manga, you'd think he'd at least have some above average knowledge on fundamentals now.
The guy's just a device for giving the readers a quick lesson on perspective and, incidentally, to make Chameleon look good, so I'm not actually bothered. Realistically though yeah I don't know how he has a job

Users who are viewing this thread