Dragon and Chameleon - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - As If You'd Get Me

Dex-chan lover
art continues to impress lmao go off author and show us what you got lmao

Aggregator gang
I interpreted it as Shinobu rejecting Garyou's notes for Dragon Land and wanting to use his own idea for the story, hence the Chameleon killing the Dragon. My main reason for thinking this is because it quoted chapter 1 where Shinobu said "creators without individuality are worthless", so perhaps he is trying to bring his own individuality to Dragon Land. But to be honest, I could just be illiterate.
To be fair, I think confusion is fair. To listen to Garyou's ghost would be the dragon thing to do. It's what Garyou did and listening to that whim to aim for higher highs is what makes people adore Garyou. And obeying that impulse would be proving Garyou right in his faith in Shinobu.

However, he's the "chamelon." Whatever comes out of him, shoots out of his body and devours the dragon/the symbol of Garyou. The imagery is so strong that Shinobu undoes Garyou's hair and let's his "true" self out.

But if he doesn't improve, he's just giving Garyou the ability to continue evolving. Until Shinobu becomes his own creative beast, the hyper emphasis on being a chamelon just sounds like a big sandbag as he is betting that Garyou lacks the skill to rise from the bottom.

The more I think about Shinobu, the more I feel he reads like a 2000s League player that believes that they should be a higher rank than they truly arew

Dex-chan lover
How does someone get this far in an illustration industry without knowing about perspective? Its the most fundamental of fundamentals.

Has he been drawing Egyptian motifs this whole time?

Users who are viewing this thread