Dragon and Chameleon - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - On to the Stage of Battle

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Not timing-wise, not concept-wise, execution. I specified the scene shift for a reason. There's no actual introduction, no entry into her studio, just suddenly, BAM confrontation from her about him being in the chameleon's body. Assuming that the TL didn't miss a page or something, anyways.
I'm not sure what you mean. The majority of chapter 15 is dedicated to an introduction of her, she clearly abducted who she thought was Miyama in the van, figured he's Garyou from the way he talked to her (and prior knowledge), told Sako to drive to the office, greeted her employees upon arriving at the office, etc. Where do you think the missing page would be?

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what you mean. The majority of chapter 15 is dedicated to an introduction of her, she clearly abducted who she thought was Miyama in the van, figured he's Garyou from the way he talked to her (and prior knowledge), told Sako to drive to the office, greeted her employees upon arriving at the office, etc. Where do you think the missing page would be?
Thank you for pointing me to 15 so I looked into this more clearly; seems that somehow I marked that chapter as being read without actually reading it, which is why her appearance in 17 felt so abrupt (I even commented on it the chapter before, and it was bugging me all this time; https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...ch-18-a-persons-nature.1616907/#post-20369256). To make matters worse, if you read 14, 16, then 17, they flow into one another without there being any sense of incongruity other than her appearance at the end of the chapter, because it goes from the end of the camp where he failed out and Miyama!Hanagami tore up and threw away the manuscript, to talking about how he felt after seeing the manuscript and having a 'burning fever that hasn't abated', then goes into HIS backstory a bit, before continuing on with the story of what happened after the camp, and how Miyama!Hanagami is growing as a creator and has deviated from the "DL Bible" such that a minor character that Hanagami!Miyama's artist friend liked, then suddenly page 10, scene switch to Orochi suddenly speaking to Hanagami!Miyama.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Thank you for pointing me to 15 so I looked into this more clearly; seems that somehow I marked that chapter as being read without actually reading it
Makes sense then. It did cross my mind that you might have missed a chapter but I forgot to ask about it.

Dex-chan lover
So is it just me or did the introduction to Orochi a couple chapters back just come outta nowhere? Like yeah that was one of the things that the editor was gonna do, but it felt like a jarring scene shift to me. Anyone else? At least now it seems to be back on track.
Kinda? I get the impression that this series is trying rush... something. Like, everything is happening in such a short time.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda? I get the impression that this series is trying rush... something. Like, everything is happening in such a short time.
Just in case you may have done the same thing as me: Check if you've read chapter 15! Chapters 14, 16, and 17 aside from the end of 17 flow together like there's no chapter missing, which is where my disconnect came from.

Dex-chan lover
This is SO good and the hype just keeps on rising. Who'd knew I'd be so excited to see this marketing monster in action just as much as our MC's fresh take on shounen?
Such a treat, on every level imaginable.

Users who are viewing this thread