Dragon and Chameleon - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - The Legendary Mercenary

Dex-chan lover
He only works one day per week because all the other days are spent killing apostles
dgfc46da1nda1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
The amazing thing about this manga is that it pulls off everything it claims, at least in the art department. We aren't just told about how this or that panel is amazing; they show just what bombastic art there is, and damn, it's truly captivating indeed.

The only thing that's currently left at the "this is not the greatest song in the world, this is just a tribute" stage is the story. Because after having them hype it up so much I sure want to know what that manga is all about if it makes people cry upon reading a few pages!

Dex-chan lover
only 10 comments for this underrated manga in 12 hrs? otakus have fell off.
yay are gunna get a Sebastian cool butler-ish character now?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Oh fuck off, are we doing half chapters again or is this one just a particularly short chapter
Dragon and Chameleon chapter lengths vary pretty wildly.

You see that "<-2話掲載!" text on the last page? They had two chapters back to back in that month's magazine. I just didn't want to waste even more time getting the next one ready before releasing this.

(Incidentally, they did the same thing in the last issue. Chapter 26 is 9 pages long.)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Think Supernova708 hit the nail on the head
This guy had a grey beard before the events of the story even started
His output is probably obscene, but that puts a lot of strain on your hands. He probably isn't making this request because he wants to work one day a week, but because he can only work one day a week

Edit: Honestly, rereading, I think its definitely something tied to overwork. There's this implication after he helped out the MC in the past with DragonLand, he just immediately jumped ship and worked somewhere else. Next chapter we're probably going to get a reveal that he now has a variety of injuries and conditions from that period of his life.

None of this being rocket science, but I just think its neat how cleanly this is set up in such a short chapter. We're shown he's good, prolific, old, married (he's got a ring on his finger), and at one point, very eager to work. Could be the opposite, he wants to be free to work on a variety of projects, but if that were the reason, I'd suspect he'd freely mention that to better negotiate his position and salary, like, 'hey, my time is literally so valuable I've got all these other people poaching me, if you want me to stick around more pay me more'. So its something he isn't comfortable mentioning, which means its probably something personal.

Im way over explaining this. But it feels very satisfying to put the pieces together for an approximation for what the reveal is going to be.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dragon and Chameleon chapter lengths vary pretty wildly.

You see that "<-2話掲載!" text on the last page? They had two chapters back to back in that month's magazine. I just didn't want to waste even more time getting the next one ready before releasing this.

(Incidentally, they did the same thing in the last issue. Chapter 26 is 9 pages long.)
Aah, gotcha gotcha.
With how cliffhanger that end was (and how short it was) I thought we were on some half chapter shenanigans. Ty info, much obliged :salute:

Dex-chan lover
石山-sensei just decided to drop the ultimate DILF to grab as fujos as possible

Masterclass, I FKN KNEEL

c0krea.png

Users who are viewing this thread