Dragon Ball - Digital Colored Comics

This is great! Reminds me of when I got the Dragon Ball collection when I was like 8 and I tried to color a few of them ?

What an amazing project! I've been dying to see Viz release the Full Colors editions in English, it sucks that they're so slow with it! I've been considering to get the Japanese or Italian ones, the artwork alone is worth it! But now, someone came along and translated these in high quality scans too! Seem to be the best on the web! - Very ambitious project! - How far into the story are you planning on scanlating these? I'll defenitely be sure to check this page as much as I can! Keep up all the great work! ~ Jeroen

Power Uploader
@JeroenBrom90 I'll be doing up to the end of the Piccolo Saga. If Viz haven't gotten started on the Cell Saga by then, I might just pick up from there, but no promises. I'm also releasing five chapters every Friday btw.

Hello. Really loving what you guys are doing. I'm really excited you guys are doing Dragon Ball, but I have one question: why do you guys sometimes use the Japanese/Chinese version of a word, for example, the numbering of the dragon balls, names, etc. instead of the English translation? Either way, still looking forward to reading DB every Friday!

Power Uploader
@BoJohn Good question! Well, I mainly just felt it would be inconsistent not to use Japanese attack names throughout. If I use "Wolf-Fang Hurricane Fist" instead of "Rо̄gafūfūken", then it would kind be inconsistent to use "kamehameha" instead of "kamehame wave" or to use "Kame Sen'nin" and "Muten Rо̄shi" instead of "Turtle Hermit" and "Heavenly Old Martial Arts Master". Plus, using the Japanese attack names keeps it consistent with Viz's release of the Saiyan Saga and Freeza Saga in colour, since the main reason I took on this project is because Viz skipped all the pre-Z content for their colour release.

As for the Chinese names for the Dragon Balls, I did that because that's what the Japanese version did. If they use the Chinese Dragon Ball names in Japanese, then they're meant to be said in a language that's foreign to the reader and I wanted to carry that over in English.

Dex-chan lover
Man! Look at chapter 30. i wish Goku married Lunch instead.
They both pure and cute. Her other personally also get along with the gang afterward. Toriyama can just let her both personally become more suitable for a housewife when she have child. Mother instinct, made sense right ? So she can replace Chichi role in Z and have more charming with Goku than Chichi, which is just a ok he response when he thought he get some stuff.

@igil123 Only Saiyan and Freezia saga was done in English. You can find them here : https://archive.org/download/manga_Dragon_Ball/!Dragon%20Ball%20[Full%20Color]%20[danke]/

Dex-chan lover
@MistaL
hqdefault.jpg
It's the soul, man.​

Dex-chan lover
Maybe, should did it with saga each time upload. completed one arc and released it. with a old story, that will be best way. especially each arc of DB is a completed story so we can read it fine the waiting will less bother.
Comeback to see a cliffhanger with the spoiler already a head not help much for the hype

Users who are viewing this thread