Dragon Claw - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Day Everything Began

The Art is very nice. I quite enjoyed it.
The city seems interesting so far, but everything feels a bit to fast paced to me.
I couldn't so far understand the motive of escape. it feels like some part is missing.
Because it is so fast I can just go with the character design and stereotypes I associate with the design created by other series and so far they didn't help me either to fill the gaps.
I am looking forward to see more development :)

Interesting series, I'm definitely liking the art and story so far and looking forward to more. I'll definitely follow this.

Also, I see this is uploaded by the artist themselves who is putting their own work. Im always down to support someone on the grind like that especially making comics without the forced stipulations of a company. Continue the great work.

Dex-chan lover
I love the way the magaka makes Jin's scars stand out in the shadows. gives the scenes a really cool aesthetic.

Group Leader
Thanks for the friendly comments and feedback everyone! I will work hard on the next chapter.

@Atomsk17 I have linked the names of my Instagram and Twitter page at the end of the chapter! : )

For anyone who is interested,

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jia.dragonclaw
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DragonClawManga
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jia-art

Looking great so far! The art caught my eye because the female lead reminds me a lot of Avatar Korah. Plus the wind magic really reminds me of Aang from the Last Airbender series. Anywho, I hope @jia-art that you share your artwork on webtoons.com - not everything they have is in color, so you'll definitely fit right in.

You should probably open a Patreon too or you could post the volumes on Itch.io and receive payments via Paypal. You could do the same via Gumroad, or through Ko-fi. But I suggest you use Itch.io instead of Amazon Kindle, because that way you can actually build a following. Your followers can subscribe to your page and receive email notifications every time you release a new volume. And if you ever start up a second series, your followers would still be with you on Itch.io

It's probably a good idea to include a reusable cover page with all your social handles and places to buy / donate. It can also introduce the particular volume and chapter of Dragon Claw. I know it's extra work, but I think it'll go a long way to helping you build a following.

I don't use Instagram or Twitter, but I use Itch.io (mainly for games) and Gumroad (mainly for design-focused or print material, like fonts and ebooks).

Group Leader
@Zakyrie Interesting, I didn't know itch.io had that kind of feature. Thanks for the in depth explanation!
I will look into it and other websites like Patreon/Gumroad/Ko-fi in the near future!

About Amazon, I wanted to use Createspace to print my volumes and so far it seems to be the best option.

And I will probably create that reusable cover page you metioned, maybe even for the next chapter If I find the time : )

Reminds me of Radiant! which is a very good thing! Clean art, good action and looks to be some very interesting character development! Love it already :)

Shounen Manga: Battle-scarred.

Looking cool so far, despite the lack of a dragon or claw.

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2 then, you should read spellcross. There is 2 author that uploaded in mangadex almost at the same time

Dex-chan lover
Looks pretty good so far. But i don't want to be hasty. I still can't comprehend what this story about. I wait for more development

@jia-art that sounds like a good plan. Maybe use Itch or Gumroad for the digital version of the volumes and use Createspace to sell print versions through Amazon. But a word of caution on that, since Createspace is owned by Amazon, there will definitely be a degree of censorship. Things like nudity or excess gore might get you off of Amazon altogether, where as Itch.io is much more free and open minded. Now, I'm not a hundred percent sure about this, but you could have the orders made through Itch or Gumroad and then manually assign the delivery orders through a print on demand service of your choosing. There are a lot of options out there, so I think it's best to take your time and explore. There are even print on demand (POD) services that will offer you an online storefront (kinda like Etsy in that sense), that way you can just provide a link in the comments and link to it in the reusable cover for each volume - btw, maybe make a new cover for each volume? (Like every eight chapters or so). A really good POD service will even let you get pre-orders, that way your readers can order a volume while its in production, which will give you much needed funds. Better yet, you could have Ko-fi donators that have provided a certain amount get automatically enrolled to receive the new volume (you'll have to tell your readers to include their shipping info). While Patreon is mainly for subscriptions it is possible (though really akward) to do one off donations there too.

Hmm... That's all I can think of at the moment. You could try the forums on different POD platforms and ask about comic / manga author experiences there too. I know the business side of things can be such a hassle when you just want to focus on your craft. But once you put in the extra work in the beginning it'll pay off in the long run when things are running smoothly.

Aggregator gang
So far, I'm sold on the art and direction. Not quite sold on the story yet, but I'm excited to see where you go with this @jia-art

Users who are viewing this thread